Storpid 20mg Tablet
Storpid 20mg Tablet Description
Storpid Tablet is a combination medicine containing atorvastatin and clopidogrel. It is used to lower the lipid or cholesterol in the blood along with a low-fat diet and lifestyle changes. It is also
used to reduce the risk of blood clot formation thus aids in preventing a heart attack, stroke, etc. Atorvastatin works by lowering bad cholesterol levels thus reducing the risk of heart diseases and preventing strokes and heart attacks. Clopidogrel works by preventing platelets from sticking together and thus inhibiting blood clot formation. It helps in keeping the blood flow smoothly in your body. Nausea, indigestion, sleeplessness, joint pain or muscle pain are some of the side effects of using Storpid Tablet.
|You Save||₹28.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clopidogrel(75.0 Mg) + Atorvastatin(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High cholesterol and prevent heart attack|
|Side effects||Nausea, indigestion, sleeplessness, joint or muscle pain, loose motions|
|Therapy||ANTI-PLATELET AND HYPOLIPIDEMIC DRUGS|
- Aztolet 20mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 246.00₹ 209.10₹ 20.91/Tablet
Uses of Storpid 20mg Tablet
- To lower the lipid or cholesterol in the blood along with a low-fat diet and lifestyle changes.
- To reduce the risk of blood clot formation thus aids in preventing a heart attack, stroke, etc.
Contraindications of Storpid 20mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to atorvastatin, clopidogrel or any other ingredients of Storpid Tablet.
- If you have any liver disease.
- If you have bleeding due to an ulcer in your bowel or bleeding in your brain.
- If you are pregnant or may become pregnant.
- If you are a lactating mother.
Side effects of Storpid 20mg Tablet
- Joint or muscle pain
- Loose motions
- Increase bleeding tendency
Precautions and Warnings of Storpid 20mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You have muscle pain or muscle weakness after taking this medicine.
- You have diabetes or any lung diseases.
- You have a recent history of stroke.
- You have any scheduled surgery.
- You have a fever or your blood platelet level decreases after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Storpid 20mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Atorvastatin works by lowering bad cholesterol thus reduces the risk of heart diseases and prevents stroke and heart attacks.
- Clopidogrel works by preventing platelets from sticking together and thus inhibiting blood clot formation. It helps in keeping the blood flow smoothly in your body.
Directions for Use of Storpid 20mg Tablet
- Take Storpid Tablet with or without food as prescribed by your doctor.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Interactions of Storpid 20mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Storpid Tablet with other medicines such as Omeprazole, Esomeprazole, Fluoxetine, Fluconazole, Carbamazepine, Efavirenz can decrease the action of clopidogrel present in this medicine....
- Concomitant use of Storpid Tablet with other medicines such as Niacin, Cyclosporine, Clarithromycin, Gemfibrozil, Itraconazole or medicines from protease inhibitor group of medicine can cause muscle problems....
- Concomitant use of this capsule with medicines such as Ritonavir, Lopinavir, Indinavir, Ketoconazole, Clarithromycin can increase the blood level of Atorvastatin.
- Concomitant use of Storpid Tablet-CV with medicines such as Efavirenz, Rifampin can decrease the blood level of Atorvastatin.
- Concomitant use of Storpid Tablet-CV with medicines from the NSAID group of medicines used in pain management can increase risks of stomach or bowel bleeding.
- Storpid Tablet should be used cautiously with oral contraceptives.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Storpid 20mg Tablet
- Store it below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use Storpid Tablet after the expiry date.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Storpid 20mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)