Spasrax 5mg Tablet
By OVERSEAS HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Spasrax 5mg Tablet Description
Spasrax 5 mg tablet is used for treating Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), peptic ulcers, and symptoms like abdominal pain, flatulence, abdominal spasms. It is also used for treating anxiety associated with IBS. It is composed of two medicines: chlordiazepoxide 5 mg, which increases the action of a chemical messenger and provides calming effects, relaxes muscles and reduces stomach acid. Clidinium 2.5 mg relieves stomach pain and cramps. IBS is a chronic syndrome that causes inflammation of the large intestines. It causes bleeding, diarrhoea, flatulence, bloating, stomach pain and cramps. Spasrax tablets help in treating the symptoms of IBS. It reduces stomach discomfort, promotes easy passing of the gas, and reduces bloating. It also prevents intestinal spasms. It is used to treat abdominal pain associated with other conditions like peptic ulcers, diarrhoea, intestinal swelling, constipation, etc. Take Spasrax tablets only when the doctor prescribes them. Do not give it to children without consulting your doctor. It may cause physical dependence, so the dose should be carefully monitored. Do not stop using it suddenly, as it needs to be slowly tapered to prevent side effects....
|You Save||₹8.68 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Contains||Clidinium(2.5 Mg),Chlordiazepoxide(5.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Irritable bowel syndrome, peptic ulcer, enterocolitis|
|Side effects||Sleepiness, drowsiness, fatigue, confusion, uncoordinated body movements, skin rash, slurred speech, nausea, vomiting, headache, heartburn, indigestion, constipation, dizziness, change in mood, unsteadiness, loss of appetite, decreased interest in sexual intercourse, menstrual changes, jaundice, difficulty breathing.|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME|
Check more medicines with composition as Clidinium(2.5 Mg) + Chlordiazepoxide(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Spasrax 5mg Tablet
- Irritable bowel syndrome (inflammation of intestines)
- Enterocolitis (swelling in the intestines)
- Peptic ulcer
- Abdominal pain
- Abdominal muscle spasms
- Anxiety associated with stomach related conditions
Contraindications of Spasrax 5mg Tablet
Do not use the Spasrax tablet without consulting the doctor if you have the following conditions. If you have an allergy to any of the components of the Spasrax tablet. If you use any anti-seizure medication, this medicine will worsen the condition. If you have been using antidepressant medication If you have been diagnosed with Paralytic ileus, the intestines do not have regular movements. If you are pregnant or planning on getting pregnant If you are breastfeeding If you have a severe liver or kidney condition. If you have a history of medicine or alcohol abuse. If you have glaucoma, an eye condition. If you have conditions associated with the prostate, like prostatic hyperplasia....
Side effects of Spasrax 5mg Tablet
- Loss of appetite
- Tremors in the body and limbs
- Low sexual desire
- Menstrual changes
- Change in the mood
- Slurred speech
- Dry mouth
- Mood disturbances
- Yellowing of skin and eyes
- Disclaimer - Most of these side effects do not need medical attention. But if you are experiencing any of the above side effects for a long time or with severity, consult your doctor and seek medical treatment....
Precautions and Warnings of Spasrax 5mg Tablet
Can I take the Spasrax tablets during pregnancy?
No, it is unsafe to use the Spasrax tablets during pregnancy. It has been associated with an increased risk of developmental defects in unborn children. Please consult your doctor for alternate medication.
Can I take the Spasrax tablets while breastfeeding?
No, It is not recommended to use the Spasrax tablets during breastfeeding. It can pass into breast milk and cause unwanted side effects in the nursing baby. Please consult your doctor and seek medical advice for alternative treatment.
Can I drive if I have taken the Spasrax tablets?
No, do not take the Spasrax tablets before driving. It causes side effects like dizziness, drowsiness, and blurred vision and affects your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with the Spasrax tablets?
No, do not consume alcohol with the Spasrax tablets. It exaggerates the effects of alcohol. It can cause side effects like drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, unconsciousness, dizziness, and other life-threatening symptoms.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are giving the Spasrax tablets to an elderly patient; dose monitoring is required. This medicine stays in the body for a long time due to low metabolism and may cause adverse effects.
- You are using other medication, herbal products or supplements, inform your doctor as they can interfere with the Spasrax tablets.
- You are eating oily or fried food; they can worsen the condition.
- You use any medicines that cause drowsiness with the Spasrax tablets; they can increase drowsiness and dizziness.
Mode of Action of Spasrax 5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
The Spasrax tablet is composed of two medicines: chlordiazepoxide 5 mg and Clidinium 2.5 mg. Chlordiazepoxide belongs to a benzodiazepine class of medicines. It increases gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) activity, a chemical messenger that suppresses the excessive and abnormal activity of the nerve cells. It blocks the production of stomach acids and produces calming effects, which helps in reducing anxiety associated with IBS. Clidinium is an antispasmodic medicine. It inhibits the action of acetylcholine, a natural substance in the body, which helps relax the smooth muscles of the intestines. It relieves stomach pain and cramps....
Directions for Use of Spasrax 5mg Tablet
- Take a Spasrax tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- You can take it before consuming food.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot feel its effects.
- Take the tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break the tablet or chew this tablet.
- Do not take if the package has been opened.
- Do not suddenly stop taking this medication, as it can have adverse effects.
- Do not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
Interactions of Spasrax 5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- If you are using other like antidepressants or antipsychotics with the Spasrax tablet, it can cause adverse effects
- Do not take Spasrax with other medicine that affects the gut movements.
- If you are using other medicines that induce drowsiness like opioid painkillers, antihistamines with this medicine, it can cause increased drowsiness and slow your breathing.
- Studies have shown that this medicine can interact with antacids. They should not be used at the same time.
- This medicine can affect the absorption of medications such as antifungal medication, Digoxin, etc.
- Spasrax tablet can affect the removal of certain medicines like disulfiram (medication for alcohol abuse)
Interactions with food items
- Do not take a Spasrax tablet with alcohol. It can lower the functioning of the liver. It also can cause serious side effects like fever, chills, nausea, weakness, joint pain, itching, redness, swelling, vomiting, yellowing of skin and eyes and other life-threatening symptoms....
Storage and disposal of Spasrax 5mg Tablet
Store Spasrax tablets in neat and dry places, at room temperature. Take the tablet immediately after opening it. Do not expose it to direct sunlight, wetness, or humidity. Keep this away from children. Dispose of the package after using it. Do not use the medication after its expiry date. Do not use it if the box is already broken....
Dosage of Spasrax 5mg Tablet
- Overdose of the Spasrax tablets can cause symptoms like dizziness, confusion, coma, blurred vision, excessive mouth dryness, urinary retention and Constipation. In case of the Spasrax tablets overdose, seek immediate medical treatment from the nearest medical centre....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of the Spasrax tablets, you can take it when you remember it. But, skip the missed dose if it's already the time for the next dose. Do not take both at a time, as it can lead to overdose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How do I take the Spasrax tablets?
A: Try to take the Spasrax tablets exactly as your doctor’s suggestion. It is usually recommended to take this tablet one to two hours before eating food or on an empty stomach.
Q: Should I avoid any food while taking the Spasrax tablets?
- Avoid eating deep-fried, spicy, and oily food. It can worsen IBS symptoms. Try to eat food that is high in fibre, like vegetables. These types of food can lower the symptoms of IBS and enterocolitis.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Insulin – Do’s And Don’t
Green Apple: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Plums: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Custard Apple: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies