Skinshine Tube Of 20gm Cream
By CADILA PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
20g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Skinshine cream is used to treat & prevent moderate to severe melasma (dark and discoloured patches on the skin), to lighten the skin tone or appearance and senile lentigines (dark spots or age spots
in older people due to exposure to the sun). It is a topical preparation containing a combination of three medicines - Mometasone, Tretinoin and Hydroquinone. Do not use Skinshine cream for a prolonged duration unless prescribed by your dermatologist as it contains a steroid. Avoid sun exposure immediately after applying the cream. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen....
Uses of Skinshine Tube Of 20gm Cream
- Skinshine cream is used in the treatment of moderate to severe melasma (dark and discoloured patches on the skin).
- It is also used to lighten the skin tone or appearance, especially when there is a dark pigmentation.
Contraindications of Skinshine Tube Of 20gm Cream
- If you are allergic to Mometasone, Tretinoin and Hydroquinone or any other ingredients of Skinshine cream.
- If you any skin problems like eczema (infected skin due to allergy), rosacea (small red pustules on face), rashes around the mouth (perioral dermatitis) or on damaged skin anywhere in the body.
- If you have skin tumor or family history of skin tumor.
- If you have a viral or fungal infection of the skin, any ulcers on the skin or tuberculosis.
- If you need to be exposed to the sun for prolonged periods (using sunscreen lotion is advisable).
Side effects of Skinshine Tube Of 20gm Cream
- Thinning of the skin
- Skin sensitivity at the site of application
Precautions and Warnings of Skinshine Tube Of 20gm Cream
Can I apply Skinshine cream during pregnancy?
Skinshine cream should not be used in pregnant women as it has the potential to cause birth defects in the unborn baby. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I apply Skinshine cream while breastfeeding?
It is not known if the ingredients of Skinshine cream pass into breast milk and its safety is not established in breastfeeding women. Thus, Skinshine cream is not recommended for use while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have applied Skinshine cream?
Skinshine cream is meant for external application and thus may not affect driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Skinshine cream?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Skinshine cream. However, you should avoid consuming alcohol as it can worsen the infection and delay healing.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions after the application of topical creams.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You develop skin rashes or infections after using Skinshine cream.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after using this cream.
- Prolonged use of this cream may lead to side effects such as Cushing's syndrome (weight gain, fatty deposits under the skin, moon face, purple patches on skin, etc.) and increased sugar levels in theblood and urine....Read more
- Avoid exposure to sun rays as it may be harmful after applying this cream.
Mode of Action of Skinshine Tube Of 20gm Cream
How Does It Work?
- Skinshine cream contains a combination of Mometasone, Tretinoin and Hydroquinone as active ingredients and works by combined action of these three components.
- Hydroquinone inhibits an enzyme known as tyrosinase which is responsible for the production of a pigment called melanin. Melanin is responsible for skin pigmentation and melasma.
- Tretinoin is a metabolite of Vitamin A and is keratolytic in nature. It is responsible for the elimination of melanin that has been formed. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mometasone is a corticosteroid and it works by blocking the production of inflammatory chemicals like prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Mometasone narrows and constricts blood vessels which are dilated(widened) and leaky and allowing other inflammatory cells into the skin to promote the inflammatory response....Read more
Directions for Use of Skinshine Tube Of 20gm Cream
- Skinshine cream is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor.
- Apply the cream on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this cream rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Skinshine Tube Of 20gm Cream
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Skinshine cream with other medicines. However, as this medicine contains a combination of Mometasone, Tretinoin and Hydroquinone, any interactions are seen with these three components when taken alone may occur with this combination....Read more
- Since Skinshine cream is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....Read more
Storage and disposal of Skinshine Tube Of 20gm Cream
Store Skinshine cream at room temperature in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired medicines. Discard any un
used medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Skinshine Tube Of 20gm Cream
As Skinshine cream is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have ove
rapplied it, wipe out the excess of medicine with tissue or cotton. Excessive use for a prolonged duration is not advised as it can lead to hormonal issues....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed the application of Skinshine cream, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this cream to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How should I use Skinshine cream?
- Apply it gently and as a thin film and rub/massage it thoroughly after applying, until the cream absorbs into the skin.
- Avoid exposure to sun and use a broad spectrum sunscreen to prevent the sun's radiation from reaching your skin.
- Do not use this cream more than as advised by doctor. This cream should not be used for prolonged duration to avoid the side effects such as skin thinning, irritation etc.
Q: What are the precautions to be taken while applying Skinshine cream?
- Do not apply anywhere near the eyes, nose, mouth or any infected or exposed surfaces.
- Do not occlude (applying a polythene film) after applying this cream or use it under bandages.
- Limit sun exposure and use a broad spectrum sunscreen while going out in sun to avoid damage to skin by radiations.
- You should cover the areas of skin where Skinshine cream is applied when outdoors.
Q: What is melasma?
A: Melasma is a skin condition characterised by dark spots or pigmentation (excessive production of melanin) on the skin. It appears as greyish brown to brown patches on the face. It usually occurs on face involving cheeks, forehead, lower eyelids, uppers lip and nose..
Q: What are the causes of melasma?
A: Exact cause for melasma is not known. Pregnancy, birth control pills, hormonal changes, exposure to sunlight (UV rays), hypothyroidism, or a family history of melasma are believed to be some common triggers for melasma.
Q: Can I use Skinshine cream for acne and pimples?
A: No, Skinshine cream does not have any action against acne and pimples and thus should not be used for treating such skin disorders
Q: How Skinshine cream works?
A: Skinshine cream works by reducing the formation of a pigment called melanin responsible for dark spots. It also helps in improving the spots on the skin and reduces swelling, redness, and itching.
Q: Is Skinshine cream good for face?
A: Yes, it is good for skin of face which is the usual area affected by melasma.
Q: Which is better Skinshine cream or Skinshine soap?
A: Skinshine cream is prescription medicine used for the treatment of melasma, a condition of skin pigmentation. Skinshine soap is a cleansing product which helps to reduce skin problems such as pimples and acne and has anti-microbial properties. These two products are used for different skin problems.
- CDSCO. Mometasone/Tretinoin/Hydroquinone. [Accessed on 05.April.2021] (online)
- Medlineplus. Tretinoin Topical. [Accessed on 05.April.2021] (online)
- Mometasone-based triple combination therapy in melasma: is it really safe. [Accessed on 05.April.2021] (online)
- Medlineplus. Mometasone Topical. [Accessed on 05.April.2021] (online)
- WebMD. Hydroquinone Topical. [Accessed on 05.April.2021] (online)
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹46.5 (30% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Tretinoin(0.025 %w/w),Mometasone(0.1 %w/w),Hydroquinone(2.0 %w/w)|
|Uses||Melasma (dark pigmentation)|
|Side effects||Itching, redness, burning, irritation, thinning of the skin|
Last Updated on: 19 Jun 2021 | 06:51 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved