Skinshine Tube Of 20gm Cream
Skin Shine cream is used to treat & prevent moderate to severe melasma (dark and discoloured patches on the skin) to lighten the skin tone or appearance and senile lentigines (dark spots or age spots
in older people due to exposure to the sun). It is a topical preparation containing a combination of three medicines - Mometasone, Tretinoin and Hydroquinone. Skin shine cream suppresses pigmentation's metabolic process, leading to scars or blemishes. This helps lightens the skin tone; however, the process is reversible. In melasma, brown patches appear on the face. Most prominently, the patches occur on the nose, cheeks, chin and forehead. Change in hormone levels during pregnancy and exposure to the sun can cause this condition. It is more likely that women will develop this condition than men. Patients must avoid sun exposure immediately after applying the cream, as this will reverse the effect of the cream and will cause repigmentation. Do not use Skin Shine cream for a prolonged duration unless prescribed by your dermatologist, as it contains a steroid. Skin Shine cream is for external use only. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they usually fade with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen. Do not apply to open wounds or weeping areas. Before using, wash and dry the area gently. Apply a thin film to the affected area and rub it gently and thoroughly until the medication vanishes. Avoid direct sunlight or use sunblock or protective clothing to prevent repigmentation.
|You Save||₹75.00 (30% on MRP)|
|Contains||Tretinoin(0.025 %W/W) + Mometasone(0.1 %W/W) + Hydroquinone(2.0 %W/W)|
|Uses||Melasma (dark pigmentation)|
|Side effects||Itching, redness, burning, irritation, thinning of the skin|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR MELASMA|
- Skinlite Tube Of 25gm CreamBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd25g Cream in TubeMRP 255.00₹ 216.758% CHEAPER₹ 8.67/Gram
- Skinlite Tube Of 15gm CreamBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd15g Cream in TubeMRP 163.99₹ 141.031% CHEAPER₹ 9.4/Gram
Uses of SKINSHINE TUBE OF 20GM CREAM
- Skin Shine cream is used in the treatment of moderate to severe melasma (dark and discoloured patches on the skin).
- It is also used to lighten the skin tone or appearance, especially when there is a dark pigmentation or skin discoloration.
Contraindications of SKINSHINE TUBE OF 20GM CREAM
- If you are allergic to Mometasone, Tretinoin and Hydroquinone or any other ingredients of Skin Shine cream.
- If you any skin problems like eczema (infected skin due to allergy), rosacea (small red pustules on face), rashes around the mouth (perioral dermatitis) or on damaged skin anywhere in the body.
- If you have skin tumor or family history of skin tumor.
- If you have a viral or fungal infection of the skin, any ulcers on the skin or tuberculosis.
- If you need to be exposed to the sun for prolonged periods (using sunscreen lotion is advisable).
Side effects of SKINSHINE TUBE OF 20GM CREAM
- Thinning of the skin
- Skin sensitivity at the site of application
Precautions and Warnings of SKINSHINE TUBE OF 20GM CREAM
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergic reactions after the application of topical creams.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You develop skin rashes or infections after using Skin Shine cream.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after using this cream.
- Prolonged use of this cream may lead to side effects such as Cushing's syndrome (weight gain, fatty deposits under the skin, moon face, purple patches on skin, etc.) and increased sugar levels in the blood and urine....
- Avoid exposure to sun rays as it may be harmful after applying this cream.
Directions for Use of SKINSHINE TUBE OF 20GM CREAM
- Skin Shine cream is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor.
- Apply the cream on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this cream rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Storage and disposal of SKINSHINE TUBE OF 20GM CREAM
Dosage of SKINSHINE TUBE OF 20GM CREAM
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of SKINSHINE TUBE OF 20GM CREAM
How Does It Work?
- Skin Shine cream contains a combination of Mometasone, Tretinoin and Hydroquinone as active ingredients and works by combined action of these three components.
- Hydroquinone inhibits an enzyme known as tyrosinase which is responsible for the production of a pigment called melanin. Melanin is responsible for skin pigmentation and melasma.
- Tretinoin is a metabolite of Vitamin A and is keratolytic in nature. It is responsible for the elimination of melanin that has been formed. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mometasone is a corticosteroid and it works by blocking the production of inflammatory chemicals like prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Mometasone narrows and constricts blood vessels which are dilated (widened) and leaky and allowing other inflammatory cells into the skin to promote the inflammatory response....
Interactions of SKINSHINE TUBE OF 20GM CREAM
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Skin Shine cream with other medicines. However, as this medicine contains a combination of Mometasone, Tretinoin and Hydroquinone, any interactions are seen with these three components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Since Skin Shine cream is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How should I use Skin Shine cream?
Q: What are the precautions to be taken while applying Skin Shine cream?
Q: What is chloasma?
Q: What are the causes of melasma?
Q: Can I use Skin Shine cream for acne and pimples?
Q: How Skin Shine cream works?
Q: Is Skin Shine cream good for face?
Q: Which is better Skin Shine cream or Skin Shine soap?
Q: Can Skin Shine cream cause photosensitivity?
Q: Can I use Skin Shine cream for dark spots?
Q: What are the side effects of using Skin shine cream?
Q: Is Skin shine cream good for pimples?
Q: How long can we use Skin shine cream?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 November 2021]
- Tretinoin Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 6 November 2021]
- Mometasone-based triple combination therapy in melasma: is it really safe. [cited 6 November 2021]
- Mometasone Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 6 November 2021]
- Hydroquinone [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 6 November 2021]