Sizodon Solu 60ml
Sizodon 1 MG Description
Sizodon oral solution is used to manage psychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia. It is composed of risperidone as its active ingredient. It belongs to the class of atypical antipsychotic medicine
s. The mode of action of Sizodon solution increases serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain. These are neurotransmitters (chemical substances) that help stabilise the mood and prevent the overactivity of the nerve cells in the brain. Managing the symptoms of acute mania and other manic episodes of bipolar disorder are other uses of Sizodon oral solution. It is generally used alone or with other medications to manage these conditions. This medicine can increase the risk of death in elderly patients with psychotic episodes and memory loss. Nausea, dizziness, vomiting, etc., are a few common side effects of Sizodon oral solution. Before using this medicine, you must inform your doctor about all the medicines you are already taking to prevent interactions and adverse effects. Also, inform your doctor if you have been diagnosed with heart diseases, kidney, liver problems, seizures, etc. Stopping Sizodon oral solution suddenly can cause withdrawal problems such as trouble sleeping, feeling or being sick, sweating, irritation, and uncontrollable muscle movements.
|Uses||Schizophrenia, acute mania in bipolar disorder, irritability in autistic children.|
|Side effects||Appetite increased, Fatigue, Upper respiratory tract infection, Vomiting, Increased saliva, Constipation, Anxiety, Urinary incontinence|
Uses of Sizodon 1 MG
- As per USFDA, Sizodon oral solution is used in
- The treatment of various symptoms of schizophrenia in adults and adolescents from age 13 to 17.
- Maintenance of acute manic or mixed episodes of bipolar disorder in adults as alone or it is used along with other medicines like lithium or valproate.
- Treatment of irritability associated with autistic disorder in children aged 5-16 years.
Contraindications of Sizodon 1 MG
- If you are allergic to the risperidone component of Sizodon oral solution.
- If you are an elderly patient with dementia-related psychosis. There is an increased risk of death.
- If you are going through treatment with other antipsychotic medicines.
- If you are diagnosed with neuroleptic malignant syndrome (a neuromuscular disorder).
- If you have tardive dyskinesia (abrupt jerky movements).
- If you have a history of diabetes and uncontrolled glucose levels.
- If you were diagnosed with any type of seizure disorder.
- If you have a low white blood cell count (leukopenia or neutropenia).
- If you are under treatment for Parkinson's disease or dementia with Lewy bodies.
- If you are diagnosed with an adrenal gland tumour, Sizodon oral solution can cause life-threatening high blood pressure.
- If you are expecting currently or are planning a pregnancy.
- If you have a tumour on your adrenal gland (a condition called pheochromocytoma), or if you have been diagnosed with 'a prolactin-dependent tumour'. This medicine can increase prolactin levels.
Side effects of Sizodon 1 MG
- Appetite increased
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Increased saliva
- Urinary incontinence
Precautions and Warnings of Sizodon 1 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have suicidal or self-harming thoughts.
- You are taking any vitamins, herbal products, ayurvedic medicines or supplements. A few of them can interfere with this medicine.
- You are an older patient over the age of 65. The effects of this medicine are exaggerated in older patients, so use it with caution.
- You have diabetes. You must check your blood glucose levels, as this medicine can cause changes in blood glucose levels.
- You have low blood pressure. This medicine can cause orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure with change in position).
- You have priapism (prolonged erection of the penis).
Mode of Action of Sizodon 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Sizodon 1 MG
- Take Sizodon oral solution exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the prescribed dosage of Sizodon oral solution, even if you cannot feel its effects.
- Take this Sizodon oral solution as a whole with a glass of water. Do not break or chew it.
- Do not try to take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not use this medication if the package has been already opened.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Sizodon oral solution, as it can have adverse effects.
Interactions of Sizodon 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- It is not recommended to use Sizodon oral solution with levodopa(used for Parkinson’s disease), as they have exactly opposite effects.
- Try to use caution when taking tablets that can reduce high blood pressure while using Sizodon oral solution, as it can further lower the blood pressure.
- If you are using any medicines that reduce potassium (such as diuretics, laxatives, etc.), Sizodon oral solution can lower potassium even further, which can cause hypokalemia and various adverse effects....
- Using antidepressant medicines such as fluoxetine and paroxetine, have been shown to increase the levels of Sizodon oral solution, which can lead to the symptoms of overdose or increased side effects. ...
- If you take medications that lower heart rates, Sizodon oral solution can reduce heart rates even further.
- If you are on other antipsychotic, antidepressant, or anti-seizure medications, using them along with Sizodon oral solution can have adverse effects.
- Be cautious if you use other sedatives, antimalarial medicines, heart medicines, antihistamines, etc. On interaction, all of them can cause excessive drowsiness.
Interactions with food items
- There is no information available on the interaction of food with Sizodon oral solution. You can take this oral solution before or after consuming a meal.
Storage and disposal of Sizodon 1 MG
Dosage of Sizodon 1 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Do Sizodon oral solution cause weight gain?
Q: What should I do if I have side effects for many weeks after using Sizodon oral solution?
Q: Do Sizodon oral solutions cause dependency or addiction issues if I take them every day?
- Risperidone: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Mar 8].
- RISPERDAL® (risperidone) oral solution, RISPERDAL® (risperidone) oral solution, RISPERDAL® M-TAB®. Access data. FDA. gov (risperidone) orally disintegrating oral solution [cited 2022 Mar 8].
- Risperidone [Internet]. Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online. [cited 2022 Mar 8].