Sizodon Solu 60ml
By SUN PHARMA
60ml Oral Liquid in Bottle
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Sizodon oral solution is used to manage psychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia. It is composed of risperidone as its active ingredient. It belongs to the class of atypical antipsychotic medicines. The mode of action of Sizodon solution increases serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain. These are neurotransmitters (chemical substances) that help stabilise the mood and prevent the overactivity of the nerve cells in the brain. Managing the symptoms of acute mania and other manic episodes of bipolar disorder are other uses of Sizodon oral solution. It is generally used alone or with other medications to manage these conditions. This medicine can increase the risk of death in elderly patients with psychotic episodes and memory loss. Nausea, dizziness, vomiting, etc., are a few common side effects of Sizodon oral solution. Before using this medicine, you must inform your doctor about all the medicines you are already taking to prevent interactions and adverse effects. Also, inform your doctor if you have been diagnosed with heart diseases, kidney, liver problems, seizures, etc. Stopping Sizodon oral solution suddenly can cause withdrawal problems such as trouble sleeping, feeling or being sick, sweating, irritation, and uncontrollable muscle movements....
|You Save||₹21.78 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, acute mania in bipolar disorder, irritability in autistic children.|
|Side effects||Appetite increased, Fatigue, Upper respiratory tract infection, Vomiting, Increased saliva, Constipation, Anxiety, Urinary incontinence|
Check more medicines with composition as Risperidone(1.0 Mg)
Uses of Sizodon 1 MG
- As per USFDA, Sizodon oral solution is used in
- The treatment of various symptoms of schizophrenia in adults and adolescents from age 13 to 17.
- Maintenance of acute manic or mixed episodes of bipolar disorder in adults as alone or it is used along with other medicines like lithium or valproate.
- Treatment of irritability associated with autistic disorder in children aged 5-16 years.
Contraindications of Sizodon 1 MG
- If you are allergic to the risperidone component of Sizodon oral solution.
- If you are an elderly patient with dementia-related psychosis. There is an increased risk of death.
- If you are going through treatment with other antipsychotic medicines.
- If you are diagnosed with neuroleptic malignant syndrome (a neuromuscular disorder).
- If you have tardive dyskinesia (abrupt jerky movements).
- If you have a history of diabetes and uncontrolled glucose levels.
- If you were diagnosed with any type of seizure disorder.
- If you have a low white blood cell count (leukopenia or neutropenia).
- If you are under treatment for Parkinson's disease or dementia with Lewy bodies.
- If you are diagnosed with an adrenal gland tumour, Sizodon oral solution can cause life-threatening high blood pressure.
- If you are expecting currently or are planning a pregnancy.
- If you have a tumour on your adrenal gland (a condition called pheochromocytoma), or if you have been diagnosed with 'a prolactin-dependent tumour'. This medicine can increase prolactin levels.
Side effects of Sizodon 1 MG
- Appetite increased
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Increased saliva
- Urinary incontinence
Precautions and Warnings of Sizodon 1 MG
Can I take the Sizodon oral solution during pregnancy?
No, Sizodon oral solution can be unsafe during pregnancy. There is not enough data available to establish the safety of this medicine in humans. However, some studies on animal subjects have shown harmful effects on fetuses. Do not take Sizodon oral solution without medical consultation.
Can I take the Sizodon oral solution while breastfeeding?
No, Sizodon oral solutions are probably unsafe to use during breastfeeding. Some human data suggest that this medicine may pass into the breastmilk. Please consult your doctor before using Sizodon medication during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken the Sizodon oral solution?
No, do not drive after taking the Sizodon oral solution. It can cause side effects like sleepiness, dizziness, blurred vision, and slow reflexes that can affect the ability to drive or to operate heavy machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with the Sizodon oral solution?
No, you cannot consume alcohol with a Sizodon oral solution. It can alter the effectiveness of this medicine. It can also cause increased side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, etc.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have suicidal or self-harming thoughts.
- You are taking any vitamins, herbal products, ayurvedic medicines or supplements. A few of them can interfere with this medicine.
- You are an older patient over the age of 65. The effects of this medicine are exaggerated in older patients, so use it with caution.
- You have diabetes. You must check your blood glucose levels, as this medicine can cause changes in blood glucose levels.
- You have low blood pressure. This medicine can cause orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure with change in position).
- You have priapism (prolonged erection of the penis).
Mode of Action of Sizodon 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Sizodon oral solution contains risperidone as its active component. Risperidone belongs to the class of medicines called atypical antipsychotics. It functions by increasing the activity of dopamine and serotonin by blocking their receptors. Both of them are neurotransmitters (chemical messengers) responsible for improving mood, and cognitive behaviour. By blocking their receptors, the effect of these chemical messengers will last longer. It also helps in improving the different symptoms of schizophrenia and other disorders....
Directions for Use of Sizodon 1 MG
- Take Sizodon oral solution exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the prescribed dosage of Sizodon oral solution, even if you cannot feel its effects.
- Take this Sizodon oral solution as a whole with a glass of water. Do not break or chew it.
- Do not try to take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not use this medication if the package has been already opened.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Sizodon oral solution, as it can have adverse effects.
Interactions of Sizodon 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- It is not recommended to use Sizodon oral solution with levodopa(used for Parkinson’s disease), as they have exactly opposite effects.
- Try to use caution when taking tablets that can reduce high blood pressure while using Sizodon oral solution, as it can further lower the blood pressure.
- If you are using any medicines that reduce potassium (such as diuretics, laxatives, etc.), Sizodon oral solution can lower potassium even further, which can cause hypokalemia and various adverse effects....
- Using antidepressant medicines such as fluoxetine and paroxetine, have been shown to increase the levels of Sizodon oral solution, which can lead to the symptoms of overdose or increased side effects. ...
- If you take medications that lower heart rates, Sizodon oral solution can reduce heart rates even further.
- If you are on other antipsychotic, antidepressant, or anti-seizure medications, using them along with Sizodon oral solution can have adverse effects.
- Be cautious if you use other sedatives, antimalarial medicines, heart medicines, antihistamines, etc. On interaction, all of them can cause excessive drowsiness.
Interactions with food items
- There is no information available on the interaction of food with Sizodon oral solution. You can take this oral solution before or after consuming a meal.
Storage and disposal of Sizodon 1 MG
Store Sizodon oral solution in dry conditions and at room temperature. Keep these medicines away from wet surfaces, direct sunlight, and humid conditions. Keep Sizodon oral solution away from children and pets. Dispose of the packaging carefully after use. Do not use the medicine if the package has been opened. Check the expiration date on the packaging before taking the oral solution. If the medicine is past the expiration date, do not use it. Dispose of unused/expired medicine as biomedical waste....
Dosage of Sizodon 1 MG
Sizodon oral solution overdose can cause dizziness, tremors, agitation, convulsion, nausea, vomiting, low blood pressure, increased heart rate, confusion, sleep disturbances, diminished reflexes, and loss of consciousness. If you overdose on Sizodon medicine and experience these symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment from a nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of Sizodon oral solution, take it as soon as you recall. If you remember when it is time to take the next dose of Sizodon oral solution, skip the missed one and take the scheduled dose. If you have any doubts about the dosage of Sizodon oral solutions, talk to your doctor. Do not double the dose, as it can lead to serious side effects....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Do Sizodon oral solution cause weight gain?
A: Sizodon oral solution is associated with weight gain. It may vary from person to person. But most commonly, patients on this medication start to notice weight gain in a few weeks. If you see any changes in your weight, try exercising and eating healthy food.
Q: What should I do if I have side effects for many weeks after using Sizodon oral solution?
A: Some patients may experience certain side effects after using Sizodon oral solution regularly. However, most of these side effects does not need any medical intervention. However, if you have had them for a long time or the severity of side effects is increasing, then consult your doctor as soon as possible. Maybe the dose will be adjusted. But do not stop using the medicine without consulting your doctor.
Q: Do Sizodon oral solutions cause dependency or addiction issues if I take them every day?
A: Sizodon oral solution is not addictive and does not cause any physical dependency. But stopping it abruptly can lead to withdrawal problems such as sleeping problems, nausea, vomiting, sweating, agitation, and uncontrollable jerky movements. Ask your doctor if you want to stop this medicine or notice these symptoms. You might feel sleepy in the first few days after starting the course of Sizodon oral solution.
- Risperidone: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Mar 8].
- RISPERDAL® (risperidone) oral solution, RISPERDAL® (risperidone) oral solution, RISPERDAL® M-TAB®. Access data. FDA. gov (risperidone) orally disintegrating oral solution [cited 2022 Mar 8].
- Risperidone [Internet]. Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online. [cited 2022 Mar 8].
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.