Siliryl Ct Oint
Siliryl Ct Oint Description
Siliryl Ct Oint is a medicated preparation. It contains a combination of salicylic acid and coal tar as the active ingredient. Salicylic acid is an antiseptic and coal tar is a preservative as well
as aids in relieving itching. This can soften the hard layer of skin. It is used for the treatment of various skin conditions such as eczema, red sores around the nose and mouth (impetigo), skin damage (lesions) and red scaly patches (psoriasis). Siliryl Ct Oint should only be used externally and must not be used for any other skin conditions without consulting your doctor. Avoid direct contact with eyes.
Uses of Siliryl Ct Oint
Contraindications of Siliryl Ct Oint
- If you are allergic to salicylic acid, coal tar or any other ingredient of Siliryl Ct Oint .
- If you have any wounds, broken or skin infections.
- If you are using it for any other skin condition such as acne, inflammation of genitals, etc.
- If you are photosensitive or allergic to light.
Side effects of Siliryl Ct Oint
- Skin irritation
- Staining of skin
Precautions and Warnings of Siliryl Ct Oint
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergic reactions to any other topical medicine containing a similar ingredient.
- You should not use this on open wounds or on a large surface area.
- You are experiencing irritation, dryness and sensitivity on the skin after applying this , discontinue and consult your doctor.
- You should not apply this medicine near the eyes, eyelids, nose or mucous membranes.
- You should not smoke or go near smoke or heat after applying this .
- Avoid direct sunlight, as it may lead to photosensitivity.
Mode of Action of Siliryl Ct Oint
How Does It Work?
- Salicylic acid improves the condition of swelling and redness in the skin and helps in shedding the hard skin or dead skin. It also improves the penetration of clobetasol into the skin.
- Coal tar provides relief from itching and also aids in softening the hard skin.
Directions for Use of Siliryl Ct Oint
Interactions of Siliryl Ct Oint
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Siliryl Ct Oint
- Store Siliryl Ct Oint below 30°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard the expired medicine or medicine that is no longer required.
Dosage of Siliryl Ct Oint
- Siliryl Ct Oint is for external application. Hence, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of this , wipe out the excess of the medicine with a tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Siliryl Ct Oint ?
Q: Can I go out on a sunny day after using Siliryl Ct Oint ?
- Tarcilic Solution [Internet]. Leeford.in. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- Tarcilic Soap [Internet]. Leeford.in. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- Salicylic Acid Ointment BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- Coal Tar (Exorex) Lotion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]