Sephbrex 500mg Cap
By ZEE LABORATORIES LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Sephbrex 500mg Cap is an antibiotic medicine and is used to treat various bacterial infections such as infections of lungs, respiratory tract, urinary tract, skin and pneumonia. It contains cephalexin (cefalexin) as its active component. Sephbrex 500mg Cap works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, the absence of cell wall leads to the death of bacteria and cure of infection. Do not use it if you are allergic to Cephalexin or penicillin antibiotics. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Before using Sephbrex 500mg Cap , inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Cephalexin / Cefalexin(500.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Cephalexin / Cefalexin(500.0 Mg)
3 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Sephbrex 500mg Cap
Uses of Sephbrex 500mg Cap
Sephbrex 500mg Cap is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the chest, lungs, respiratory tract, skin, urinary tract.
Contraindications of Sephbrex 500mg Cap
If you are allergic to Cephalexin or any other ingredients of Sephbrex 500mg Cap . If you are allergic to any other cephalosporin group of antibiotics like Ceftriaxone or Cefuroxime.
Side effects of Sephbrex 500mg Cap
Nausea and diarrhoea (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Sephbrex 500mg Cap
Can I take Sephbrex 500mg Cap during pregnancy?
Sephbrex 500mg Cap should not be used in pregnancy unless it is considered essential by your physician. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits of cefalexin over risks.
Can I take Sephbrex 500mg Cap while breastfeeding?
Cephalexin passes into the breastmilk in a very small amounts. So, caution should be exercised while giving Sephbrex 500mg Cap to a nursing mother. If you are taking this medicine during breastfeeding, watch for diarrhoea in a newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Sephbrex 500mg Cap ?
It does not influence driving ability, but if you experience dizziness after taking Sephbrex 500mg Cap , you should avoid the drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Sephbrex 500mg Cap ?
Alcohol consumption with Sephbrex 500mg Cap can increase the side effect like dizziness & nausea. You should avoid alcohol while on this treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy to Sephbrex 500mg Cap or any other antibiotics like penicillin, as much caution is required in such patients.
- You have liver or kidney problems; your doctor may adjust the dose accordingly.
- You experience any allergic reaction like skin rashes, etc. which may appear at the start of the treatment; the doctor may discontinue the medicine.
- Complete the course of the antibiotic even if you are feeling better after a few doses. Not completing the course of antibiotics can lead to resistance.
- If you get persistent diarrhoea, immediately inform your doctor.
- You find any other superinfection occurs during the treatment; the doctor should take appropriate measures. It may impair your blood test reports. So, talk to your doctor before any lab tests.
Mode of Action of Sephbrex 500mg Cap
How Does It Work?
Cephalexin in Sephbrex 500mg Cap fights a wide range of bacterial infections by killing the bacteria. It acts by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis, which ultimately leads to the death of bacteria....
Directions for Use of Sephbrex 500mg Cap
- Sephbrex 500mg Cap should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or after food.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Sephbrex 500mg Cap
Interactions with other medicines
- Sephbrex 500mg Cap may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please inform your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines and herbal preparations....
- Medicine used to treat gout such as probenecid should be used cautiously. Concomitant use of antibiotics such as streptomycin, gentamycin, water pills such as furosemide can increase the risk of kidney problems....
Storage and disposal of Sephbrex 500mg Cap
- Store Sephbrex 500mg Cap below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Sephbrex 500mg Cap
Symptoms of an overdose may include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea or blood in the urine. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken an excessive dose of Sephbrex 500mg Cap , contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- You should never miss your dose of antibiotics, as it may lead to treatment failure.
- If you have missed taking any dose of Sephbrex 500mg Cap , take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Sephbrex 500mg Cap ?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your physician if you have any liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning a pregnancy.
- Sephbrex 500mg Cap may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
Q: Can Sephbrex 500mg Cap affect my blood test values?
A: Yes, Sephbrex 500mg Cap may affect your blood result values. Talk to your doctor if you are taking this medicine before doing any blood test.
Q: Can I stop taking Sephbrex 500mg Cap on my own?
A: No, do not stop taking Sephbrex 500mg Cap on your own, as this may lead to antibiotic resistance and treatment failure. Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.