Semi Glim Total 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Semi Glim Total 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Semi Glim Total Tablet contains glimepiride, metformin and pioglitazone as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, a condition where blood sugar level rises
above the normal range when it cannot be controlled by diet, exercise and other medicine alone. Semi Glim Total is an antidiabetic medicine that lowers the raised blood glucose levels. You must follow a healthy diet and exercise along with the medicine. Semi Glim Total must be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using the Semi Glim Total Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about the detailed medical history. An individual with uncontrolled diabetes is at increased risk of various health complications such as eye, kidney and nerve problems, heart diseases and stroke.
|You Save||₹6.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Glimepiride(1.0 Mg) + Pioglitazone(15.0 Mg) + Metformin(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes|
|Side effects||Hypoglycemia, headache, nausea, vomiting|
Uses of Semi Glim Total 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Semi Glim Total 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to metformin, pioglitazone, glimepiride, or any other ingredient of Semi Glim Total Tablet.
- If you have class III or IV heart failure.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have serious kidney failure or liver failure.
- If you have any metabolic acidosis (too much acid in the body fluids) like lactic acidosis, diabetic ketoacidosis or diabetic pre-coma.
- If you have dehydration, severe infections, shock and injections containing iodine.
- If you have had heart or lung failure, a recent incidence of heart attack and shock due to lack oxygen supply.
- If you are an alcoholic.
Side effects of Semi Glim Total 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)
- Eye disorders
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Metallic taste
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Semi Glim Total 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Semi Glim Total Tablet can cause low blood sugar levels which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness, visual disturbance or confusion. These can be dangerous while driving.
- Consult your doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycemia.
- Keep a juice or chocolate in the car close to you while driving, in case you start feeling any of the above symptoms of hypoglycemia, immediately have the juice or chocolate.
- Note that artificial sweeteners are not of any use in such scenarios.
- It is not advisable to consume alcohol during treatment with Semi Glim Total Tablet.
- Alcohol alters the way this medicine works. Be cautious not to consume alcohol on an empty stomach. Alcohol increases the risk of low blood sugar.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol when taking this medicine can cause serious complications known as ketoacidosis.
Other General Warnings
- You have fluid retention, swelling or heart failure condition.
- You are an elderly person.
- You have or had bladder cancer or are at risk of developing bladder cancer, liver disease.
- You experience sudden weight gain, changes in blood parameters.
- You experience or have any eye disorder or visual disturbances.
- You have weak bones or are prone to fractures.
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness, confusion, shakiness or dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice. Inform your doctor as you may need a change in your medicine's dose....
- You are experiencing pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness.
- You are going to have a diagnostic imaging test that involves an injection of iodine.
- You have dehydration due to diarrhoea, vomiting or limited fluid intake.
- You have suffered through trauma.
- You have to undergo surgery in the near future.
- You have serious kidney problems, or undiagnosed blood in urine.
- You have thyroid disorders.
- You are overweight (specific diet restriction may be suggested).
Mode of Action of Semi Glim Total 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Glimepiride lowers the blood sugar level increasing release of insulin hormone from the pancreas. Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells.
- Metformin decreases the absorption in the intestine and production of sugar by the liver.
- Pioglitazone acts by improving the sensitivity of liver (hepatic) and peripheral (muscle) tissue to insulin
- All of these components are known to increase the insulin sensitivity of the body (allows the cells of the body to use blood glucose more effectively, reducing blood sugar).
Directions for Use of Semi Glim Total 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Semi Glim Total Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Semi Glim Total 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Semi Glim Total Tablet works or Semi Glim Total itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are on other blood sugar medicine, heart medicine, blood pressure medicine, antibiotics, painkillers, medicine used to treat brain related disorder, blood thinners, antacids, or immunomodulatory medicines....
Storage and disposal of Semi Glim Total 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Semi Glim Total Tablet at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Semi Glim Total 1mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Overdose of Semi Glim Total Tablet may cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar levels), nausea, vomiting, lactic acidosis (excessive lactic acid build-up), headache, dizziness, etc.
- If you experience these, immediately take glucose or juice or sugar-containing products (Sugar candy).
- Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital if you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
- A missed dose may lead to high blood sugar levels, which includes symptoms like feeling thirsty, excessive urination, loss of appetite, drowsiness, a fruity smell from breath, etc.
- If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)