Seldruff Shampoo Description
Seldruff Shampoo is used in dandruff and flaky scalp. It contains a combination of ketoconazole and zinc pyrithione as its active ingredients. Ketoconazole binds to the fungal cell membrane and inhib
its its growth by altering the permeability of cell membranes. Seldruff Shampoo should be used as advised by your doctor.
- Nuforce Anti Dandruff Shampoo 50 MlBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd50ml Shampoo in BottleMRP 221.43₹ 221.43₹ 4.43/Ml
- Myket Zp Shampoo 100mlBy Kivi Labs Limited100ml Shampoo in BottleMRP 355.00₹ 301.75₹ 3.02/Ml
- Danclear Shampoo 90mlBy Zydus Healthcare Limited90ml Shampoo in BottleMRP 361.75₹ 307.49₹ 3.42/Ml
Uses of Seldruff Shampoo
Contraindications of Seldruff Shampoo
Side effects of Seldruff Shampoo
- Dry hair
- Skin burning sensation
- Thinning of the hair
- Change of hair texture
Precautions and Warnings of Seldruff Shampoo
Other General Warnings
- Your skin condition doesn't improve, worsens or if you experience any side effects.
- Take precautions to ensure the shampoo does not get into your eyes if it does wash your eyes with cold water gently.
- You are applying any steroid creams, gradually decrease the application over 2-3 weeks. Suddenly stopping it is not advised as it may worsen your skin problems.
Mode of Action of Seldruff Shampoo
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Seldruff Shampoo
- Seldruff Shampoo should be used as directed by the doctor.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Wet your hair and scalp well with water. Apply enough shampoo and gently massage it over your entire scalp. Keep it for 5-10 mins before rinsing off. Rinse your hair and scalp with water.
- Seldruff Shampoo may be irritating to mucous membranes of the eyes and contact with this area should be avoided.
- In case your eyes come in contact with Seldruff Shampoo rinse your eyes with cold water thoroughly.
Interactions of Seldruff Shampoo
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Seldruff Shampoo
- Store the Seldruff Shampoo in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture and direct light.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged products.
Dosage of Seldruff Shampoo
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to use Seldruff Shampoo?
- Wet your hair and scalp well with water
- Apply enough shampoo and gently massage it over your entire scalp
- Rinse your hair and scalp with water
Q: Is Seldruff Shampoo good for hair?
- Dandruff makes your hair brittle and causes hair fall
- Seldruff Shampoo will help you to get rid of dandruff
Q: Can Seldruff be used on coloured hair?
Q: Will Seldruff cure dandruff permanently?
Q: What is the use of Seldruff Shampoo?
- Ketoconazole 2% w/w Shampoo - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Ketoconazole (Topical Route) Description and Brand Names - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Ketoconazole: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Ketomac Shampoo [Internet]. Ketomac.co.in. 2021 [ Cited 7 May 2022]
- Ketoconazole 2% w/w Shampoo - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Ketoconazole Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- The effects of a shampoo containing zinc pyrithione on the control of dandruff [Internet]. pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]