Selbo 400mg Tablet
By SEPTALYST LIFESCIENCES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Selbo 400 MG Description
Selbo Tablet is used to regulate the increased levels of phosphates in blood in individuals with severe kidney disease. It is also used in patients who undergo dialysis. It contains sevelamer, which
belongs to a class of medicines known as phosphate binders. It works by binding to the phosphates and reduces the levels of phosphate in the blood. Selbo should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed.
|You Save||₹37.20 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||High blood phosphate levels|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea|
|Therapy||DRUG FOR CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE|
Check more medicines with composition as Sevelamer(400.0 Mg)
9 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Selbo 400mg Tablet
- Sevcar 400mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 357.05₹ 303.49₹ 30.35/Tablet
- Sevelabind 400mg Tablets 10'sBy Repens Healthcare India Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 230.00₹ 195.507.26% CHEAPER₹ 19.55/Tablet
- Sevapik 400mg Tablets 10'sBy Alniche Lifesciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 160.00₹ 88.0058.25% CHEAPER₹ 8.8/Tablet
- Renecar Cp 400mg Tablet 30'sBy Rene Lifescience Pvt Ltd30 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 600.00₹ 540.0014.61% CHEAPER₹ 18/Tablet
- Sevelam 400mg Tablets 10'sBy Rencord Life Sciences10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 230.00₹ 195.507.26% CHEAPER₹ 19.55/Tablet
- Acutrol C 400mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 177.00₹ 150.4552.42% CHEAPER₹ 10.03/Tablet
- Phoscut 400 Mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Steadfast Medishield Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 88.00₹ 74.8064.52% CHEAPER₹ 7.48/Tablet
- Sevalac 400mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Rivpra Formulation Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 235.00₹ 204.453.04% CHEAPER₹ 20.44/Tablet
- Revlamer 400mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 98.00₹ 83.3060.48% CHEAPER₹ 8.33/Tablet
Uses of Selbo 400 MG
Selbo Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood phosphate levels in patients with severe kidney diseases & is also used patients who undergo dialysis.
Contraindications of Selbo 400 MG
- If you are allergic to sevelamer or any other ingredients of Selbo Tablet
- If you have difficulty in passing stools
- If you have low levels of phosphorous
Side effects of Selbo 400 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Selbo 400 MG
Can I take Selbo Tablet during pregnancy?
- You should consult your doctor before using Selbo Tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy.
- Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Selbo Tablet while breastfeeding?
Consult your doctor before taking Selbo Tablet while breastfeeding as it is unknown if sevelamer passes into breast milk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Selbo Tablet?
It is unlikely that Selbo Tablet will influence on your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Selbo Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Selbo Tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have undergone a major stomach or bowel surgery
- You have problems with the bowel movement (digestion problem)
- You have difficulty in swallowing foods or liquids
- You have severe stomach pain or intestine disorders
- You notice blood in your stools (gastrointestinal bleeding)
- You are suffering from a condition when the parathyroid gland becomes overactive and leads to a raise in calcium level (hyperparathyroidism) and when thyroid gland doesn't produce enough thyroid hormone (hypothyroidism)...
- During the treatment you may develop low levels of vitamins A, D, E, K and folic acid in your blood and therefore your doctor may monitor these levels.
Mode of Action of Selbo 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Sevelamer works by binding with phosphates in the intestine and inhibits its absorption thus decreasing blood phosphorus levels. This in turn helps in preventing low calcium levels.
Directions for Use of Selbo 400 MG
- Selbo Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Selbo 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Selbo Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Selbo Tablet can reduce the effect of the antibiotic ciprofloxacin when used together.
- Medicines used for heart rhythm problems or for epilepsy like amiodarone, quinidine, phenytoin should be given after a gap of at least 1 hour before and 3 hours after the administration of Selbo Tablet...
- Medicine used to treat acidity like omeprazole, pantoprazole or lansoprazole may interfere with the efficacy of this tablet on concomitant use
- This medicine can reduce the effect of medicines acting on immune system like ciclosporin, mycophenolate mofetil and tacrolimus when used simultaneously.
- Close monitoring of the hormone levels is recommended if this medicine is taken along with levothyroxine to treat low thyroid hormone levels.
Storage and disposal of Selbo 400 MG
- Store Selbo Tablets at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Selbo 400 MG
Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, indigestion, diarrhoea, constipation, stomach pain. If you think you have taken too much of Selbo Tablet contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Selbo Tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long to take Selbo Tablet?
A: The dose and duration of Selbo Tablet will depend on the response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: Does Selbo Tablet contain a steroid?
A: No, Selbo Tablet does not contain a steroid. It contains sevelamer, which belongs to a class of medicines known as phosphate binders.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 may 2022]
- Sevelamer carbonate 800 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 may 2022]
- Sevelamer carbonate 800 mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 may 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed