S Vocita 5mg Tablet
S Vocita 5 MG Description
S Vocita 5 mg tablet is a prescription medication. It is commonly used for managing the symptoms of major depressive and panic disorders, with or without agoraphobia (fear of open spaces or crowded p
laces). The active ingredient in S Vocita 5 mg tablet is Escitalopram. S Vocita 5 mg tablet is an antidepressant medicine. The mode of action of S Vocita 5 mg tablet is by increasing certain chemical substances in the brain and reducing the excess activity of the nerve cells, elevating the mood, increasing energy, reducing nervousness, etc. It produces a calming effect and sedation. The dosage of S Vocita 5 mg tablets should be carefully monitored, especially in older adults and persons with liver and kidney conditions. Even though it does not result in physical dependency, this medicine can cause psychological dependency if taken long. S Vocita 5 mg tablets can interact with other medicines to cause adverse reactions. It is important to inform the doctor of the user’s medical history and any medications currently taken.
|You Save||₹6.59 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety, Major depressive disorder, Panic disorder|
|Side effects||Delayed ejaculation, Vomiting, Memory problems, Confusion, Depression, Drowsiness, Weight gain, Loss of appetite, Change in sexual desire, Sexual dysfunction|
Uses of S Vocita 5 MG
- As per CDSCO, S Vocita 5 mg tablet is used for the following:
- Treatment of symptoms of major depressive disorder (persistent feeling of sadness, loneliness, and loss of interest in life)
- Treatment of panic disorders (a type of anxiety disorder), with or without agoraphobia (fear of open and crowded places)
Contraindications of S Vocita 5 MG
- Do not take S Vocita 5 mg tablets or take with caution:
- If you have any allergic reaction to any of the components of this medicine.
- If you have a known history of alcohol or recreational drug addiction or a mental health disorder.
- If you have a seizure disorder and are currently on antiepileptic (anti-seizure) medication.
- If you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
- If you are nursing; this medicine may cause side effects in the baby.
- If you use other anti-anxiety medicines or sedatives, they can interfere with S Vocita 5 mg tablets and cause adverse reactions.
- If you are diagnosed with acute-angle glaucoma (an eye condition that causes high fluid pressure inside the eye).
- If you have severe liver disease.
Side effects of S Vocita 5 MG
- Side effects of S Vocita 5 mg tablet include:
- Changes in sexual drive
Precautions and Warnings of S Vocita 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You notice sudden mood changes or have suicidal thoughts after taking S Vocita 5 mg tablets.
- You experience changes in your sexual desires after taking S Vocita 5 mg tablets.
- You use any Ayurvedic and herbal medicines (St John’s Wort) or take vitamins and supplements; these can interact with S Vocita 5 mg tablets and cause serious side effects.
- You use pain relievers or other medications that cause sedation or tranquillisation.
- You are an older adult over 65. The effects of this medicine are exaggerated in older persons and must be used with caution.
- You have been diagnosed with a seizure disorder and are on antiepileptic medicines.
- You are planning to have surgery or a dental procedure.
- You recently had a heart attack or stroke.
- You have high blood pressure.
- You have been diagnosed with respiratory or lung disease.
- You have kidney disorders. While S Vocita Tablet can be safe, consult a doctor as side effects of this medicine increase in end-stage kidney failure.
- You have or had a liver condition; this medicine may need some dose adjustment.
- You are a child or adolescent under 18.
Mode of Action of S Vocita 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of S Vocita 5 MG
- Take S Vocita 5 mg tablets precisely in the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose of S Vocita 5 mg tablet, even if you cannot notice its effects.
- Take the tablet as a whole with a glass of water. Do not break or chew it.
- Do not take the tablets with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not use these tablets if their packaging is damaged.
- Do not suddenly stop using S Vocita 5 mg tablets.
- S Vocita 5 mg tablets can be taken with or without food. In case of any stomach issues, take it after a meal.
Interactions of S Vocita 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain anti-anxiety and mood disorder medicines like monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) (linezolid, moclobemide, selegiline, etc.) combined with the S Vocita 5 mg tablet can cause severe reactions. They inhibit serotonin metabolism and can result in serotonin levels high enough to produce heart and neurotoxic serotonin syndrome....
- Combining other antidepressant medicines like fluoxetine, paroxetine etc., with S Vocita Tablet can raise serotonin levels and lead to serotonin toxicity with life-threatening side effects.
- If you have bleeding issues or take blood thinners, use S Vocita 5 mg tablets with caution as this medicine may increase the risk of bleeding.
- Do not take other medicines that cause drowsiness, such as allergy, cold and cough medicine, opiates, or narcotic pain relievers with S Vocita 5 mg tablets. These medicines can increase the side effects of S Vocita 5 mg tablets and cause extreme drowsiness....
- Antiepileptic medicines for seizure disorders can increase the side effects of S Vocita 5 mg tablets.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid grapefruit and its juice, as this fruit can worsen the side effects of S Vocita 5 mg tablets.
- Avoid coffee and caffeine products as well as chocolates and desserts; these foods can increase serotonin levels and cause serotonin toxicity. High levels of serotonin can cause severe side effects.
Storage and disposal of S Vocita 5 MG
Dosage of S Vocita 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use S Vocita 5 mg tablets for the long term if I do not see an improvement in my condition?
Q: Can daily use of S Vocita 5 mg tablets cause sexual dysfunction?
Q: Will I put on weight if I use S Vocita 5 mg tablets every day?
- Escitalopram: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. US National Library of Medicine [cited 27 Feb 2022]
- Landy K. Escitalopram [Internet]. StatPearls [Internet]. US National Library of Medicine. 2021 [cited 27 Feb 2022]
- Escitalopram [Internet]. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. US National Library of Medicine. 2021 [cited 27 Feb 2022] -