Ropimate 50mg Tab
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ropimate Tablet contains topiramate which is an anti-epileptic medicine. It is used for the treatment of epilepsy also known as fits (a brain disorder characterized by repeated seizures or convulsions where part of the brain or whole brain is affected). It is also used for the treatment of seizures in a rare and severe form of epilepsy called lennox gastaut syndrome which starts in childhood. It works by stopping the abnormal excitation of brain cells in a part of the brain or the whole brain and in turn, stops the generation of seizures. Nausea or vomiting, loose motions or constipation, tiredness, low mood, sleepiness, dizziness are some of the side effects of using Ropimate Tablet. This medicine can be taken with or without food....
Uses of Ropimate 50 MG
- Ropimate Tablet is used for the treatment of epilepsy (a brain disorder characterized by repeated seizures or convulsions where part of the brain or the whole brain is affected).
- It is also used for the treatment of seizures in a rare and severe form of epilepsy called lennox gastaut syndrome which starts in childhood.
Contraindications of Ropimate 50 MG
- If you are allergic to topiramate or any of the other ingredients of Ropimate Tablet.
- If you are pregnant and using this medicine for the prevention of migraine headache.
Side effects of Ropimate 50 MG
- Loose motions
- Low mood
- Blurred vision
- Loss of hair
Precautions and Warnings of Ropimate 50 MG
Can I take Ropimate Tablet during pregnancy?
- Components of Ropimate Tablet are known to be harmful to foetus, thus it should be avoided in pregnant women.
- It is necessary to perform a pregnancy test before starting with Ropimate Tablet.
- If you become pregnant while on the treatment with this medicine immediately inform your doctor.
Can I take Ropimate Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine are known to be excreted in milk, this medicine should be avoided if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ropimate Tablet?
This medicine may cause sleepiness, dizziness or blurring of vision. Therefore, avoid driving while on this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Ropimate Tablet?
Drinking alcohol while on this medicine can increase sleepiness, tiredness and other side effects of this medicine and also it can cause seizures to occur. Therefore avoid alcohol consumption while on this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney problems such as kidney stones.
- You have metabolic acidosis (body fluid and blood abnormality).
- You have glaucoma (an eye disorder).
- You are pregnant or a woman of childbearing age, as taking this medicine in pregnancy could be dangerous for the foetus.
- You are taking any other medicine containing topiramate
- You have suicidal thoughts or harming yourself, in such cases immediately inform your doctor.
- Do not stop taking Ropimate Tablet on your own without consulting your doctor.
- The weight of the patient should be checked regularly as taking this medicine may cause weight loss.
Mode of Action of Ropimate 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Ropimate Tablet works by stopping the abnormal excitation of brain cells in a part of the brain or the whole brain and in turn stop the generation of seizure.
Directions for Use of Ropimate 50 MG
Take Ropimate Tablet as directed by the physician. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. It can be taken with or without food. Do not break, crush or chew the medicine. It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time. Do not exceed the dose more than the recommended amount....
Interactions of Ropimate 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Ropimate Tablet with medicines used in brain diseases such as phenytoin or carbamazepine, herbal preparations of st John's wort decreases the blood concentration of this medicine.
- Taking this medicine with valproic acid can cause a decrease in body temperature.
- Inform your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations before starting with Ropimate Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Ropimate 50 MG
- Store at a temperature not above 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ropimate 50 MG
Symptoms of overdose include sleepiness, blurring of vision, dizziness, low mood, etc. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Ropimate Tablet then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Ropimate Tablet?
A: Ropimate Tablet is used for the treatment of epilepsy (a brain disorder characterized by repeated seizures or convulsions where part of the brain or whole brain is affected). It is also used for the treatment of seizures in a rare and severe form of epilepsy called lennox gastaut syndrome which starts in childhood.
Q: How Ropimate Tablet works?
A: Ropimate Tablet works by stopping the abnormal excitation of brain cells in a part of the brain or whole brain and in turn stops the generation of seizures.
Q: Can Ropimate Tablet cause hair loss?
A: Ropimate Tablet can cause hair loss as a side effect of using this medicine.
Q: Does Ropimate Tablet make you sleepy?
A: Ropimate Tablet can cause sleepiness as its side effect.
Q: Can I stop taking Ropimate Tablet suddenly if I feel good?
A: Ropimate Tablet should not be stopped suddenly as it may increase the chances of seizures. The dose of this medicine has to be tapered while stopping this medicine as advised by your doctor.
- Topamax 50 Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Topamax 50 Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.