Risp Plus Tablets
Risp Plus Tablets Description
Risp Plus tablet is a combination medication used to manage Schizophrenia. It functions by influencing the actions of specific chemical messengers inside the brain. Trihexyphenidyl and Risperidone ar
e the active ingredients in Risp Plus Tablet. Risp Plus tablets should be taken at night, without or with food. It is recommended that the patient take it at the same time every day. Nausea, constipation, and mouth dryness are all the frequent side effects of this medication. Initially, this medication may cause an immediate decline in blood pressure once you shift positions, and therefore, it is best to rise when you are lying down or sitting slowly. It also makes you feel dizzy and sleepy. This medication may cause an increase in your body weight, blood glucose and cholesterol. However, you can avoid this by changing your lifestyle, eating nutritious foods, exercising frequently, and dieting. Your physician should also be aware of any other medications you are consuming, as some may reduce the effectiveness or alter how this medication works.
|₹11.20 (14% on MRP)
|Risperidone(3.0 Mg) + Trihexyphenidyl / Benzhexol Hydrochloride(2.0 Mg)
|Bipolar disorder, Schizophrenia
|Decrease in libido, Difficulty in passing urine, Dryness in the mouth, High prolactin concentration in the blood, Orthostatic hypotension (an abrupt decline in blood pressure while standing), Variations in the pattern of speech
Uses of Risp Plus Tablets
- Risp Plus tablets are used in the following cases:
- Bipolar disorder
Contraindications of Risp Plus Tablets
- Risp Plus tablets are contraindicated in the following cases:
- Dementia-related psychosis
- Myasthenia Gravis (rapid fatigue and weakness of muscles)
- Narrow-angle glaucoma (high pressure inside the eyes)
- Tardive Dyskinesia (involuntary body movements)
Side effects of Risp Plus Tablets
- The side effects of Risp Plus tablets include the following:
- Decrease in libido
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Dryness in mouth
- High prolactin concentration in the blood
- Orthostatic hypotension (an abrupt decline in blood pressure while standing)
- Variations in the pattern of speech
Precautions and Warnings of Risp Plus Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are under the age of 18. As the efficacy and safety of this medication have not been clinically verified on children, it is not advised for use in them.
- You are elderly individuals. Due to the increased vulnerability of renal injury and orthostatic hypotension in elderly individuals, the patient must use medicine with caution. In some situations, depending on the medical condition, the doctor may recommend appropriate dose modifications or substitutions with a reasonable replacement....
- You have diabetes or suffering from dyslipidemia (hyperlipidemia). This medication can raise blood glucose and cholesterol levels in the body. These indicators must be assessed before starting medicine, and blood sugar and body weight must be monitored frequently....
Mode of Action of Risp Plus Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Risp Plus Tablets
- Follow your doctor's instructions on the dosage and duration of this medication.
- Take it all in at once. Do not chew, crush, or break the tablets.
Interactions of Risp Plus Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Risp Plus Tab should not be taken with medicines such as levodopa. Combining these medications may antagonise the effects of levodopa.
- Risp Plus Tab should not be taken with some anticonvulsants such as carbamazepine. Combining these medicines may reduce the serum concentration of Risp Plus Tablets.
- Risp Plus Tab should not be taken with some medicines such as clozapine. Combining these medicines may reduce the clearance of Risp Plus Tab.
Interactions with food items
- There has been no evidence of food interaction with Risk Plus Tab.