Rifill Tablet Description
Rifill Tablet contains a combination of calcium and vitamin D3 (also known as cholecalciferol/colecalciferol). It is used to treat vitamin D and calcium deficiency. It is used for conditions such as
osteoporosis and helps in maintaining healthy bones and teeth. Take Rifill Tablet as recommended by your doctor or pharmacist. Do not consume it in more quantity than that suggested by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting Rifill Tablet. Talk to your doctor regarding any other medications or supplements and especially, if you are using steroids, medicines used to treat heart disorders, medicines used for thyroid disorders, antacids and certain antibiotics, as these medicines may interfere with the effect of Rifill Tablet.
|Contains||Calcium Citrate Maleate(1.2 G) + Vitamin D3 / Cholecalciferol(0.25 Mcg)|
|Uses||Vitamin D and Calcium deficiency|
|Therapy||CALCIUM AND VITAMIN D SUPPLEMENTATION|
Uses of Rifill Tablet
- Rifill Tablet is used for the treatment of vitamin D and calcium deficiency.
- It is used for the treatment of osteoporosis or bone-related disorders.
- It is also used in special populations like the elderly, pregnant, breastfeeding who need vitamin D and calcium supplements.
Precautions and Warnings of Rifill Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You should not take Rifill Tablet if you are allergic to any of the components of this supplement.
- You are suffering from tissue calcification (deposit of calcium in body tissues).
- You are suffering from malabsorption or have high levels of cholesterol.
- You are taking any other product containing vitamin D or calcium.
- You have problems with your heart, kidney or liver.
- You have any existing medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, cancer or any other diseases.
- You are on other medications, supplements or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You have any planned surgery or operation. You may be asked to stop taking these products at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the procedure.
- Do not take Rifill Tablet if you have a high level of calcium or vitamin D in the blood, a high level of calcium in urine, kidney stones or are bedridden.
- Never take thyroid medicines and this tablet together.
- You should avoid consuming too much alcohol.
- You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Ingredients and Benefits of Rifill Tablet
- Rifill Tablet contains calcium and vitamin D3 (also known as cholecalciferol/colecalciferol).
- Calcium: Calcium is one of the most profuse minerals in the body which is essential for critical metabolic functions. Most prominently, it is required for building and maintaining healthy bones and teeth. It plays a crucial role in nerve transmission, muscle function, cellular signalling and hormone secretion....
- Vitamin D3: Vitamin D3 plays a very crucial role in the absorption of calcium and phosphorous from the intestine, which is critical for the formation, growth and regeneration of bones. It supports healthy bones and teeth. It also plays a role in cell growth, neuromuscular and immune function and reduction of inflammation....
Directions for Use of Rifill Tablet
- Rifill Tablet should be taken as advised by the doctor or pharmacist.
- Take it preferably after the evening meal.
- Do not consume it more than that recommended.
Storage and disposal of Rifill Tablet
- Store Rifill Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which foods are a good source of Vitamin D?
- Foods rich in Vitamin D are certain fatty fish such as salmon & tuna, fish & cod liver oil, cheese and egg yolk.
- Vitamin D is formed under our skin when we are exposed to the sun. Thus, sun exposure from 10 am to 3 pm at least twice a week for 10-30 minutes can help prevent vitamin D deficiency.
Q: Why should one take Vitamin D?
- With the current lifestyle, we are all based indoors in air-conditioned offices, houses and cars, with hardly any exposure to the sun. This is leading to increased Vitamin D deficiency in all age groups and more fractures, muscle weakness. ...
- There is a lot of research happening suggesting that Vitamin D may have a role in preventing the onset of diabetes, cancers like colon, breast, help build immunity.
Q: What are the side effects of taking Rifill Tablet?
- Calci-D Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Calci-D Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Vitamin D - Fact Sheet for Health Professionals [Internet]. Nccih.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]