Relax T Tablet
By PAX HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Relax T Tab contains a combination of Aceclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.
|You Save||₹32.40 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Aceclofenac(100.0 Mg),Thiocolchicoside(4.0 Mg)|
Check more medicines with composition as Aceclofenac(100.0 Mg) + Thiocolchicoside(4.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Relax T Tablet
Uses of Relax T Tablet
It is used to treat the pain caused by muscle spasms.
Contraindications of Relax T Tablet
- If you are allergic to Aceclofenac, Thiocolchicoside or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have a history of serious allergies like asthma, skin rashes, swelling, etc. in response to painkillers
- If you have or had stomach bleeding problems due to painkillers
- If you have kidney and liver failure
- If you have heart problems or heart failure
- If you are losing blood or have bleeding disorders
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you are a woman of childbearing age and not using contraception
- This medicine may impair your fertility thus should not be used by women trying to conceive
Side effects of Relax T Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Stomach bleeds
- Mouth ulcer
- Skin allergies
Precautions and Warnings of Relax T Tablet
Can I take Relax T Tab during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be used for pregnant women as it can lead to malformations, congenital disabilities, kidney and heart problems in the growing baby. It can also delay the labour and cause bleeding defects in pregnant women. Consult your doctor for further information on the use of this medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Relax T Tab while breastfeeding?
This medicine passes into breast milk. Thus, breastfeeding is not recommended when you are taking this medicine. It can harm the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Relax T Tab?
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness, tiredness or visual disturbance after taking this medicine. It is advised not to drive if you are experiencing any of these symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Relax T Tab?
It would be best if you avoid the intake of alcohol. It may affect your brain and you may feel dizzy, difficulty in breathing, slow heart rate and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you are suffering from lung disorders like asthma, this medicine can worsen it
- If you have heart and associated problems like heart failure, low blood pressure and bleeding in the brain
- If you have a kidney and liver function problem
- If you are suffering from cardiovascular disorders like high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.
- If you have stomach ulcers and bleeding problem
- If you have SLE
- If you have serious allergy problems and skin-related allergic reaction
- If you are trying to conceive a baby, this medicine should not be used in such cases
- If you have a history of any kind of blood disorder like anaemia
- If you are supposed to take this medicine for a prolonged time, it can affect liver and kidney functions
- If you have diarrhoea after taking this medicine, you should stop this medicine immediately
- If you experience fits or are prone to get fits
Mode of Action of Relax T Tablet
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins which is responsible for pain and swelling. It relaxes muscle spasms and helps in alleviating muscle stiffness.
Directions for Use of Relax T Tablet
Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water preferably with or after meals.
Interactions of Relax T Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains a combination of Aceclofenac and Thiocolchicoside. Thus any interaction associated with any one of these can happen with this combination
- Increased risk of stomach bleeding, if you take other pain killers, steroids, antidepressants like Fluoxetine or Clopidogrel along with this medicine
- This medicine interferes with the way medicines for high blood pressure works like Enalapril, Captopril and water pill
- Concomitant use of Cyclosporine and Tacrolimus (used in organ transplant) can lead to serious kidney damage
- There is an increased risk of bleeding if this medicine is taken along with other medicines like Warfarin
- You may experience fluctuations in blood sugar if you are taking anti-diabetic medicines like Glimepiride or Metformin
- Do not take Relax T Tab, if you have taken Mifepristone lately (within 2 weeks)
- This medicine can worsen the heart failure problem if taken with medicine for heart failure like Digoxin
- You may experience fits if you are taking antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin, Norfloxacin and Ofloxacin
- Other medicines like Lithium, Methotrexate and Zidovudine
- Medicines used to treat anxiety and pain like Clonazepam, Zolpidem and Alprazolam
Storage and disposal of Relax T Tablet
- Store below 30°C protected from moisture
Dosage of Relax T Tablet
- An overdose of this medicine may lead to serious kidney and liver problems
- Symptoms of overdose include headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and discomfort, stomach bleeding, mental disturbances, excitation, coma, drowsiness, dizziness, ringing sound in ears, low blood pressure, breathing problems, fainting and sometimes fits...
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Being a diabetic, do I need to take any precautions before taking this medicine?
A: Yes, you may experience an episode of low blood glucose. If you experience headaches, irritability, sweating, hunger pangs, increased heart beats and dizziness, immediately consume juice or sugar. Inform the same to your doctor as you may require a change in dose of diabetes medicine.
Q: Can I take my regular painkillers along with this medicine?
A: No, it is not safe. You should consult a doctor because concomitant use of painkillers can cause side effects.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.