Recita Lite Tablets
Recita Lite Tablets Description
Recita Lite tablet is a prescription medication commonly used for mood disorders, anxiety and co-morbid depression. It is a combination of two active ingredients: escitalopram and clonazepam. Escital
opram belongs to the class of antidepressant medication, as it increases the effect of a chemical substance in the body. Clonazepam is a tranquilliser(medicine that reduces the state of fear and anxiety). Anxiety and other mood disorders affect how you feel. Major depressive disorder is one of the mood disorders. Sometimes it can be caused by sudden triggers like stress, trauma, etc. Recita Lite tablet help stabilise the mood, stabilise anxiety and improve behaviour. It can also cause a calming mood and sedation effect. The dose of the Recita Lite tablet should be carefully monitored in everyone, especially in older patients and patients with liver and kidney disorders. The dose should also be monitored because it can cause physical dependence and potential habit-forming. You should tell your doctor all the medication you are taking, as it can interact with them and have undesirable side effects.
|You Save||₹18.77 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Citalopram(10.0 Mg) + Clonazepam(0.25 Mg)|
|Uses||Anxiety, major depressive disorder|
|Side effects||Reduced heart rate, nightmares, cold palms and soles, uncoordinated body movements, sweating, flu-like symptoms, nausea, dizziness, drowsiness, erectile dysfunction, loss of sexual desire, diarrhoea, constipation, confusion.|
|Therapy||ANTI-ANXIETY AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT|
Uses of Recita Lite Tablets
- As per CDSCO, the Recita Lite tablet is used for managing the symptoms of co-morbid depression, anxiety disorder, panic disorder and other mood disorders.
Contraindications of Recita Lite Tablets
Side effects of Recita Lite Tablets
Precautions and Warnings of Recita Lite Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are an elderly patient over 65 years of age. This medicine can cause increased side effects due to slow metabolism.
- You are a child below 18 years of age, as not enough studies on this medicine’s safety.
- You are currently using any medications like pain relievers, cold or cough medicine, or allergy medicines that cause sedation or tranquillisation, consult your doctor first.
- You are using any ayurvedic or herbal medicines or supplements, notify your doctor as some of them can cause serious side effects.
- You are doing something that requires focus. This medicine can affect the focus and cause drowsiness.
Mode of Action of Recita Lite Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Recita Lite Tablets
- Take the Recita Lite tablet in the exact dosage and at the same time every day.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot feel its effects.
- Take this tablet (whole) with a glass of water.
- Do not break this tablet or chew it.
- Do not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not suddenly stop taking this medication, as it can have unwanted side effects due to the withdrawal effect.
Interactions of Recita Lite Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- If you are using other anti-anxiety and mood disorder medications such as linezolid, moclobemide, or selegiline. When taken with the Recita Lite tablets, they can cause some severe reactions.
- Do not take other medicines that cause drowsiness, such as allergy medicine, cold or cough medicine, Opiates or narcotic pain relievers with Recita Lite tablets. It can increase the side effects and cause extreme drowsiness....
- If you are already using anti-epileptic medicines for seizure (fits) disorders, inform your doctor as it can increase the side effects of this medication.
- If you are using other anti-depression medication, do not use it with the Recita Lite tablet without informing your doctor, as they can have severe reactions.
Storage and disposal of Recita Lite Tablets
Dosage of Recita Lite Tablets
- Recita Lite tablet overdose can cause symptoms like dizziness, tremors, agitation, convulsion, nausea, vomiting, hypotension, increased heart rate, sodium and potassium electrolyte imbalance, extreme drowsiness, sleeping problems, seizures and coma. If you overdose on this tablet and experience any of these symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment from a nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use a Recita Lite tablet for a long time?
Q: Can Recita Lite tablets cause erectile dysfunction in me?
- Recita Lite tablet can have undesirable side effects and lower sexual desire(libido) in men and women. It can also cause erectile dysfunction in men. Talk to your doctor if you are experiencing any changes in your sexual desires....
- Kakde RB, Satone DD. Spectrophotometric method for simultaneous estimation of escitalopram oxalate and Clonazepam in tablet dosage form [Internet]. Indian journal of pharmaceutical sciences. Medknow Publications; 2009 [cited 2022 Jan 20]. Available from:
- Dar SA, Bhat BA, Jan MM. Addition of benzodiazepines to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors to optimize treatment of depression: A hospital based study [Internet]. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. [cited 2022 Jan 20]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Jan 20]. Available from: