Rebozen Dsr Capsule
By LEEFORD HEALTHCARE LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rebozen DSR capsule is an anti-reflux medicine containing a combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone. It is used to treat GERD (gastrointestinal reflux disease). GERD is a condition in which acid from the stomach flows back to the food pipe and causes heartburn, nausea and chest pain. It acts by decreasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach and improves the mortality in the gut, thus reducing the backflow of stomach content to the food pipe. This medicine should be taken at least 30 mins before the meal, preferably breakfast. Inform your doctor if you have any known medical condition and are on any medication for treating the same.
Uses of Rebozen Dsr Capsule
Rebozen DSR capsule is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD). This condition leads to the acid flowing back from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort and acidity.
Contraindications of Rebozen Dsr Capsule
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole, domperidone or any of the ingredients of the Rebozen DSR capsule.
- If you are taking any medicine which might affect the contraction of the heart muscle (QT prolongation).
- If you are suffering from bleeding in the digestive system.
- If you have any problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte imbalance.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Rebozen Dsr Capsule
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rebozen Dsr Capsule
Can I take the Rebozen DSR capsule during pregnancy?
Rebozen DSR capsules should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited safety data available. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby
Can I take the Rebozen DSR capsule while breastfeeding?
- Components of the Rebozen DSR capsule can pass in breast milk in a small amount. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine while you are breastfeeding, only if it is necessary. Inform your doctor if you are a nursing mother.Read less
Can I drive if I have consumed the Rebozen DSR capsule?
If you experience drowsiness after taking this medicine, it is advised not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Rebozen DSR capsule?
You should avoid consuming alcohol in excess as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop watery diarrhoea, fever after taking this medicine.
- You experience black stools.
- You have a stomach tumour.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You have any mental health problems.
- You have heart problems and associated symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, unconsciousness.
- You are on this medicine for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- You develop skin lesions especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this medicine
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV (atazanavir) or are taking ketoconazole or itraconazole (used to treat infections caused by a fungus).
- You should not give this medicine to children of 12 years and below.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
Mode of Action of Rebozen Dsr Capsule
How Does It Work?
A pump called a proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Rabeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion. Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Rebozen Dsr Capsule
Rebozen DSR capsules should be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a sufficient amount of water (not to be chewed or crushed), preferably in the morning before food.
Interactions of Rebozen Dsr Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Rebozen DSR capsule works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Rilpivirine should never be used with this medicine.
- Never take these medicines along with Disopyramide, Amiodarone, medicines for mental problems haloperidol, Citalopram, antibiotics like Erythromycin, Levofloxacin, Azithromycin, antifungals like Pentamidine, Ketoconazole and other medicines like Cisapride, Dolasetron, Mequitazine, etc.Read less
- Rebozen DSR capsule interferes with the action of antiviral medicines like Rilpivirine, Atazanavir and Nelfinavir and antifungals like Posaconazole, Ketoconazole and Itraconazole.
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine.
- Medicines used for mental disorders like Diazepam, Phenytoin.
- If you are taking Warfarin, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding.
Interactions with food items
- Rebozen DSR capsules should preferably be taken on an empty stomach.
- There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine and caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) can increase stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process.Read less
Storage and disposal of Rebozen Dsr Capsule
- Store the Rebozen DSR capsules below 25°C, protected from moisture and light
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children
Dosage of Rebozen Dsr Capsule
- Symptoms of an overdose include confusion, anxiety, fits, altered consciousness, sleepiness, etc.
- If you think you have taken too much of the Rebozen DSR capsule, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of the Rebozen DSR capsule take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am suffering from a liver problem. Is the Rebozen DSR capsule safe for me?
A: Tell your doctor if you are having any liver or kidney problems. The doctor may suggest an alternative.
Q: I get acidity quite often, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy and oily food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake as these are known to worsen reflux.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks and soda as the carbon dioxide gas in these is known to worsen acid reflux.
- Reduce chocolate, mint intake.
- Some medicines are known to increase acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers like Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for a long duration.
Q: I have been taking the Rebozen DSR capsule for a few months now, what should I look out for?
- Take the Rebozen DSR capsule only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up, when your doctor may reduce its dose.
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels and vitamin B12 levels on long term use.
- You need to be cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly and if need be your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies.
Q: Should Rebozen DSR capsule be taken before or after food?
A: Rebozen DSR capsule should normally be taken on an empty stomach, preferably 1 hour before having food in the morning.
Last Updated on: 18 Jul 2021 | 07:30 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved