Realcef Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By JAGSONPAL PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Realcef Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Realcef Dt Tablet tablet is an antibiotic medicine used in treating bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways, tonsils, middle ear and cervical/urethral infections. It is also
used to treat typhoid fever. Realcef Dt Tablet contains a combination of Cefixime, and Lactobacillus sporogenes. It is advised to complete the entire course of Realcef Dt Tablet mg tablet, do not stop taking this medicine even if your symptoms disappear.
|You Save||₹13.35 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Cefixime(100.0 Mg) + Lactobacillus Sporogenes(60.0 M)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, indigestion|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefixime(100.0 Mg) + Lactobacillus Sporogenes(60.0 M)
Uses of Realcef Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Realcef Dt Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of ear, nose or sinuses, urinary system, throat infections and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia).
- It is also effective for typhoid (enteric) fever and gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Realcef Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you are allergic to cefixime and Lactobacillus sporogenes or any similar antibiotics, including penicillin or any other ingredients of Realcef Dt Tablet.
Side effects of Realcef Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach upset
- Skin itching
- Vaginal discharge
Precautions and Warnings of Realcef Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Realcef Dt Tablet during pregnancy?
Due to a lack of safety information on pregnancy, Realcef Dt should not be used in pregnancy unless considered essential by your doctor.
Can I take Realcef Dt Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown whether Realcef Dt Tablet passes into human milk. Hence, it is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are treated with this medicine. If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, watch for diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Realcef Dt Tablet?
Realcef Dt Tablet can cause side effects like confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert and fits. If you experience any of these, don’t drive or use machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Realcef Dt Tablet?
There is limited information available on interactions of Realcef Dt Tablet when taken with alcohol. However, alcohol may worsen the side effects of this medicine and delay the recovery from infection. Thus, avoid consuming alcohol while taking this antibiotic.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease or kidney failure or liver disease.
- You experience skin reactions after taking this medicine.
- You have or had encephalopathy (damage or disease that affects the brain and alters the way the brain works).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a condition where red blood cells get broken down faster than they are formed).
- You experience watery diarrhoea, stomach pain and fever.
Mode of Action of Realcef Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Realcef Dt Tablet contains cefixime and Lactobacillus sporogenes. It works by inhibiting the growth of the cell walls of bacteria, which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
- Lactobacillus are a gut friendly bacteria, which is often used as a probiotic. It helps in improving digestion and also prevents diarrhoea caused due to use of antibiotics.
Directions for Use of Realcef Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Realcef Dt Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as directed by your doctor.
- Do not consume it more than the prescribed medicine or for a longer duration.
- Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine and do not discontinue on your own.
Interactions of Realcef Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Realcef Dt Tablet works or Realcef Dt itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- Medicine used as a blood thinner such as warfarin should be used with caution, as it increases the risk of bleeding when used along with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Realcef Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store it below 25°C, protected from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Realcef Dt 100mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Seek medical care immediately in case you happen to take too much of Realcef Dt Tablet.
Missed a Dose
It is advisable to complete the course of antibiotics. Do not miss any dose. If you have missed any dose of Realcef Dt Tablet, then take it as early as you remember. If it is the time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosage schedule....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Realcef Dt Tablet for tooth infections?
A: No, do not self medicate with Realcef Dt Tablet. Reach out to your dentist to find out the main cause of your tooth infection and get treatment.
Q: How many days the Realcef Dt Tablet should be taken?
A: The doctor will adjust the dose and duration of treatment with the Realcef Dt Tablet, depending on the severity and type of infection. Do not stop the treatment in between even if you feel better. Also, do not take it for longer than prescribed, without consulting a doctor. If you do not feel any improvement, even after completing the full course of treatment, immediately inform the doctor.
Q: Can we take the Realcef Dt Tablet with milk?
A: You should take the Realcef Dt Tablet exactly as told by the doctor. Taking it with milk might interfere with the activity of this antibiotic. However, you can confirm with your doctor if you have any doubts about how to take this antibiotic.
Q: Can I take Realcef Dt Tablet for fever and cold?
A: No, Realcef Dt Tablet is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
- DailyMed - CEFIXIME capsule [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 3 June 2022]
- Ziprax Tablet [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 3 June 2022]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 3 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 3 June 2022]
- Drugs, H. and Supplements, H., 2022. Bacillus Coagulans: MedlinePlus Supplements. [online] Medlineplus.gov. [Accessed 3 June 2022].
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed