Razel 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Razel 10mg Tab 10'S consists of Rosuvastatin, which belongs to the statin class of medicines that are used for reducing bad cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein) levels and increasing good cholesterol (high-density lipoprotein) levels in the blood.
Uses of Razel 10mg Tab 10'S
- Treatment of high cholesterol level
- Treatment of high blood pressure
- Treatment of heart disease
- Treatment of stroke
- Reduction of heart attack risk
Contraindications of Razel 10mg Tab 10'S
- Kidney and liver problems
- Abnormal liver tests
- Allergy to rosuvastatin
- Alcohol addiction
Side effects of Razel 10mg Tab 10'S
- Heartburn or stomach ache
- Myopathy which includes symptoms like muscle ache, lethargy, and fever (serious, seek immediate medical assistance)
- Blood in urine or dark coloured urine (serious, seek immediate medical assistance)
- Jaundice and elevated liver enzyme levels (serious, seek immediate medical assistance)
- Rhabdomyolysis whose symptoms are severe muscle pain and soreness along with fever associated with muscle breakdown (serious, seek immediate medical attention)
Precautions and Warnings of Razel 10mg Tab 10'S
Can I take Razel 10mg Tab 10'S during pregnancy?
Rosuvastatin consumption harms the growing foetus. Hence this medicine must be avoided during pregnancy and during the period of preparing for a pregnancy. Effective contraception is advised for women of childbearing age who are taking this medicine.
Can I take Razel 10mg Tab 10'S while breastfeeding?
This medicine must not be consumed during breastfeeding as a small amount of the medicine is known to pass into breast milk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Razel 10mg Tab 10'S?
This medicine can be taken before driving, as it is not known to affect your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Razel 10mg Tab 10'S?
Consumption of alcohol along with this medicine leads to liver damage; thus, the combination of the two must be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Consumption of fusidic acid (a medicine used to treat bacterial infection) and Razel 10mg Tab 10'S together can lead to serious muscle problems
- Inform your doctor of any kidney or liver problems, muscle pains, family history of muscle problems, history of muscular problems during treatment with cholesterol-lowering medicines, and if you are regular alcohol consumerread less
Mode of Action of Razel 10mg Tab 10'S
How Does It Work?
The composition of Razel 10mg Tab 10'S inhibits the cholesterol-producing enzyme, HMG-CoA reductase. As a result, the levels of bad cholesterol are decreased, and the levels of good cholesterol are increased.
Directions for Use of Razel 10mg Tab 10'S
Razel 10mg Tab 10'S is to be taken orally as per the dosage recommended by your doctor.
Interactions of Razel 10mg Tab 10'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Pose a high risk of myopathy when taken along with any other lipid-lowering agents
- Rosuvastatin must be consumed at lowest possible dosages when consumed along with amiodarone, diltiazem, or verapamil
- Cyclosporin, warfarin, oral contraceptive pills, itraconazole, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin, and HIV protease inhibitors interact with Razel 10mg Tab 10'S reducing the level of statinsread less
- Antacid like aluminium hydroxide should not be taken within two hours of consuming rosuvastatin
- The tablet should not be absorbed along with or after the intake of fusidic acid; this might result in muscle breakdown
Interactions with food items
Consume grapefruit juice in limited quantities or avoid completely while taking this medicine.
Other general Interactions
Enough data is unavailable. Please consult your doctor for the latest information.
Storage and disposal of Razel 10mg Tab 10'S
Store at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture.
Dosage of Razel 10mg Tab 10'S
Follow the dosage of Razel 10mg Tab 10'S as prescribed. An overdose is not known to cause any specific side effects; however, its common side effects, such as headache, stomach ache, dizziness, jaundice, and elevated liver enzymes, can be expected.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Do not double the dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does Razel 10mg Tab 10'S takes to show its effect?
A: The medicine requires two to four weeks to show its effect in lowering low-density lipoprotein level; however, results will vary from person to person.
Q: What precautions are to be followed while consuming Razel 10mg Tab 10'S?
A: Avoid the intake of high-fat food and exercise regularly for an optimal outcome.
Q: How do I store the medicine?
A: Store the medicine at room temperature, 68 to 77°F (20 to 25°C) and away from the reach of children.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. rosuvastatin.
- Drugs and Lactation Database. Rosuvastatin.
- DailyMed. Label: ROSUVASTATIN- rosuvastatin calcium tablet, film coated.
- MedlinePlus. Rosuvastatin.
- PubChem. Rosuvastatin.
- Luvai A et al. Rosuvastatin: A review of the pharmacology and clinical effectiveness in cardiovascular disease. 2012.
Other Variants for
Razel 10mg Tab 10'S
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 08:56 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved