By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
200ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ranpon Syrup Description
Ranpon Syrup is an appetite stimulant and is used for the treatment of loss of appetite. It contains cyproheptadine and tricholine. It works by inhibiting the action of a chemical substance called serotonin that acts as an appetite suppressant. Thus, increasing the hunger by constantly increasing the energy requirement. It promotes the desire to eat in undernourished and malnourished people. Ranpon Syrup should not be used in children below 1 year of age. Always shake the bottle well before consuming. Inform your doctor if you are on any other medicine or have medical conditions. If you experience any other undesired effects such as dizziness, sleepiness, dry mouth, altered coordination, confusion after consuming this medicine and if these symptoms get worse, reach out to your doctor....
|You Save||₹13.80 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Side effects||Dizziness, diarrhoea, constipation|
Check more medicines with composition as Cyproheptadine + Tricholine Citrate
Uses of Ranpon Syrup
Ranpon Syrup is used for treating loss of appetite.
Contraindications of Ranpon Syrup
- If you are allergic to cyproheptadine, tricholine or any other component of Ranpon Syrup.
- If you are using it for newborn or premature infants.
- If you have an eye condition such as glaucoma.
- If you have or had a stomach ulcer.
- If you have or had obstruction of stomach, intestine or bladder.
- If you have an active prostate disease.
Side effects of Ranpon Syrup
- Altered coordination
- Dryness of mouth, nose and throat
Precautions and Warnings of Ranpon Syrup
Can I take Ranpon Syrup during pregnancy?
Ranpon Syrup should be taken during pregnancy only if considered essential by the doctor as limited safety data is available in pregnant women.
Can I take Ranpon Syrup while breastfeeding?
Ranpon Syrup is not recommended while breastfeeding due to limited safety data available. Thus consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ranpon Syrup?
If you experience dizziness, drowsiness, blurry vision after taking Ranpon Syrup, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Ranpon Syrup?
Alcohol should not be consumed with Ranpon Syrup. It may increase the side effect profile and cause excessive drowsiness, dizziness. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a respiratory condition such as asthma.
- You have an eye condition such as increased ocular pressure.
- You have hyperthyroid (overactive thyroid), increased blood pressure, heart disease.
- You experience any side effect after taking Ranpon Syrup.
- Ranpon Syrup should not be used in children below 1 year of age.
Mode of Action of Ranpon Syrup
How Does It Work?
- Cyproheptadine acts by inhibiting the action of a chemical substance called serotonin in the body, which works as an appetite suppressant.
- Tricholine citrate removes bile acids from the body, thereby converting the fats into good cholesterol. Thus, lowering the cholesterol levels.
Directions for Use of Ranpon Syrup
- Take Ranpon Syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use. Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
Interactions of Ranpon Syrup
Interactions with other medicines
- Concurrent use of medicines such as tranylcypromine, isocarboxazid, selegiline with Ranpon Syrup can increase the action of these medicines.
- Concurrent use of antipsychotic medicines such as zolpidem, alprazolam, diazepam with this Syrup should be done with caution.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Ranpon Syrup
- Store Ranpon Syrup below 25°C. Protect from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Ranpon Syrup
If you have taken too much of this Syrup, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this Syrup, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Ranpon Syrup used for?
A: Ranpon Syrup is used for treating loss of appetite.
Q: Can Ranpon Syrup cause dry mouth?
A: Yes, Ranpon Syrup can cause dry mouth along with the desired effect. However, not everyone experiences it. Keep a bottle of water handy. Inform your doctor if these symptoms bother you.
Q: What is the composition of Ranpon Syrup?
A: The composition of Ranpon Syrup includes cyproheptadine and tricholine.
Q: Can I take other herbal supplements for appetite along with Ranpon Syrup?
A: You should consult a doctor before taking any other supplement along with this syrup to avoid any possible interactions.
Expires on or After
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
Common Diseases You Should Be Wary About This Rainy Season
Frequently Asked Questions On Diabetes And Obesity
Common Illnesses During Monsoons In India
Your Healthcare App Now Has Beauty Products Too!
Can Home Remedies Help With Cataracts?
How Good Are Exercises For Cataracts? Know more.
Gift Your First Superhero The Power Of Unbeatable Health
6 Foods That Will Help You Deal With Hydrocele
Foods To Eat And Avoid With Varicocele
Sitopaladi Churna: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Munakka: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions and More!
Kanchanar Guggulu: Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Nagkesar – Benefits, Uses, Side Effects & More!
Ashokarishta: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Amaltas – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Kaunch Beej: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Jatamansi: Uses, Benefits, Precautions & More!
Kalmegh: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Sarpagandha – Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Chandraprabha Vati: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Precautions & More!
Home Remedies That Ease Your Hydrocele
6 Safe And Simple Exercises For Hydrocele
Ramsay Hunt Syndrome: What Is This Rare Condition?
How Is Internet Addiction Affecting Your Mental Health?
Kiwi: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Anise: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Saffron: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Jackfruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Safe Stretching Exercises You Can Try If Suffering From Phimosis
Pomegranate: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Things You Shouldn’t Do Before And After Sex
Black Cardamom: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Galangal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Baby Hygiene: Everything You Should Know
Breaking Down The Baby’s Growth Stages | 0-5 Years
Lady Finger : Uses, Benefits, Side effects and More!
Amla Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Aloe Vera Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Phimosis – Causes, Symptoms And Remedies
Orange: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Guide To The Third-Trimester Of Pregnancy For Expecting Moms
Lychee: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Effective Home Remedies for Anti-Ageing
Best Home Remedies For Hangover
Exercises To Do If You Suffer From Varicocele
Varicocele – Symptoms, Causes, Home Remedies
The Link Between Our Gut And Overall Well-being
Can Aerobic Exercises Improve Your Overall Health?
Natural Home Remedies for Tooth Decay