Pulmocef Cv 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
By MICRO LABS
4 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pulmocef Cv 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets is a combined antibiotic containing Cefuroxime Axetil and Clavulanic Acid. Cefuroxime is a cephalosporin antibiotic that acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria. Clavulanic acid acts by inhibiting the enzyme made by bacteria; this will help cefuroxime to function optimally. Pulmocef Cv 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets is used to treat various bacterial infections like infections of the urinary tract, respiratory tract, and sexually transmitted diseases. You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to penicillins or any other ingredient of this medicine. If there is no improvement in your condition or any side effects bother you, then consult with your doctor.
Uses of Pulmocef Cv 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
- Pulmocef Cv 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets is used to treat various types of bacterial infections such as infection of the urinary tract, Lower respiratory tract, and Sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea.read less
Contraindications of Pulmocef Cv 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
- As this medicine contains cefuroxime Axetil and clavulanic acid, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination.
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have a history of a severe allergy to any other antibiotics like penicillins.
Side effects of Pulmocef Cv 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
- Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting
- Increase in liver enzymes
- Low blood count
- Stomach pain, flatulence, indigestion
- Headache, chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Itching and swelling in the vagina, painful urination
- Itching, redness, chills
- Mouth ulcers, sleepiness
- Thirsty feeling, lack of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Pulmocef Cv 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
Can I take Pulmocef Cv 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets during pregnancy?
It is advised to take this medicine only if your doctor considers it essential.
Can I take Pulmocef Cv 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets while breastfeeding?
It passes into the breastmilk in small quantities. It is advised not to breastfeed during the treatment. Doctors may also recommend monitoring the baby if any fungal infection of mouth or diarrhoea develops.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pulmocef Cv 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken this medicine as it may cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Pulmocef Cv 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets?
Try to avoid alcohol intake during the treatment, as it can make you more dizzy or drowsy.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of an allergy to any antibiotic like cephalosporins, penicillins
- You are already taking water pills, as it can affect kidney functions
- You have a history of pain and swelling in the inner lining of the intestine
Mode of Action of Pulmocef Cv 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Cefuroxime acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which is responsible for bacterial infection. However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases), which can destroy cefuroxime. Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps cefuroxime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Pulmocef Cv 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor and follow the prescribed dosage duration.
- It should be taken orally with or after food.
Interactions of Pulmocef Cv 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Pulmocef Cv 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription), and herbal preparations.read less
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, any interactions are seen with these two components, when taken alone, may occur with this combination.read less
- Oral contraceptives. antacids and medicines used in the treatment of gout, such as Probenecid, should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Pulmocef Cv 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
Store at room temperature, protected from light and moisture Keep out of reach of the children and pets
Dosage of Pulmocef Cv 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose include brain damage, fits, or coma. If you think you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail therapy
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment but contact your doctor immediately if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucus along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: For how long do I need to take Pulmocef Cv 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets?
A: You are supposed to complete the dosage prescribed by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Q: Is Pulmocef Cv 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets safe to use?
A: Yes, Pulmocef Cv 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets safe to use under medical supervision, however in some patients, it may show allergic reactions. Inform your doctor about all other medicines and herbal preparations you are taking.
Last Updated on: 15 Oct 2020 | 05:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved