Prelid 16mg Tablet
By GLOWDERMA LAB PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Prelid Tablet contains methylprednisolone as its active ingredient. It belongs to the class of medicines called steroids that is used in various allergic conditions like skin allergies, asthma and lung-related problems. You should take this medicine in the correct dose and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor. It is advised to complete the full course of the treatment as per the doctor's directions. You should not stop the medicine abruptly otherwise it can increase the risk of the symptoms returning. There are a few side effects also like stomach pain, diarrhoea, skin rash or facial swelling, etc. can be experienced while using this medication. If you experience persistent signs or any uneasiness while using this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately....
|You Save||₹2.73 (3% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(16.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Increased risk for infections, high blood pressure, stomach ulcers, bloating|
Check more medicines with composition as Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(16.0 Mg)
4 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Prelid 16mg Tablet
Uses of Prelid 16 MG
- Prelid Tablet is indicated for the treatment and/or suppression of inflammatory and allergic disorders associated with different organs. It is also helpful in various allergic ailments like asthma, skin allergies....
Contraindications of Prelid 16 MG
If you are allergic to Prelid Tablet, steroids or any other components of this medicine. If you are suffering from any kind of infection such as infection of the lungs, throat or food pipe. If you have any untreated infection. If you recently had or have an upcoming vaccination scheduled....
Side effects of Prelid 16 MG
- Increased risk for infections
- High blood pressure
- Stomach ulcers
- Water retention in the body
- Mood disorders
- Muscle weakness
- Eye disorders like cataracts
- Thinning of the skin
- Delayed wound healing
Precautions and Warnings of Prelid 16 MG
Can I take Prelid Tablet during pregnancy?
The medicine should not be given to pregnant women unless it is considered necessary by the doctor.
Can I take Prelid Tablet while breastfeeding?
This medicine may pass into breast milk in small amounts. Hence the use of this medicine is not recommended during breastfeeding unless it is absolutely necessary.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Prelid Tablet?
This medicine can cause disorientation, confusion and mental problems. Therefore, if you experience any of these symptoms after taking this medicine, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Prelid Tablet?
There is no known interaction of the Prelid Tablet with alcohol. It is advisable to consult your doctor before taking it.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Inform your doctor about your detailed history of a medical condition like heart-related disorder, allergies, fungal infections, bleeding disorders and osteoporosis.
- Prelid Tablet can make you more prone to infections, especially if you already have an infection and you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response. So it is advised to discuss your condition with a doctor....
- You are elderly.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Prelid 16 MG
How Does It Work?
The medicine is effective against many diseases and works by reducing swelling, pain and redness. Methylprednisolone is a man-made steroid. It acts by suppressing the immune response in allergies and inflammation during organ transplantation. Steroids play a critical role in maintaining normal body functions during stress....
Directions for Use of Prelid 16 MG
- Take Prelid Tablet exactly as prescribed by your physician.
- Do not stop it abruptly, as this can lead to side effects.
- Taking a dose higher or lower than prescribed is not advisable.
- It would be best if taken along with meals to avoid stomach discomfort.
Interactions of Prelid 16 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- There are certain medicines that can affect the activity of Prelid Tablet when taken along with other medicines at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions. Especially, if you are taking anti-tubercular medicines, antibiotics, antihypertensive medicines, oral contraceptives, antacids and antidiabetic medicines....
- Immunosuppressants like Ciclosporin and Tacrolimus, you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine.
- Concomitant use of painkillers can cause the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Medicines used to treat muscle disorders (myasthenia gravis or muscle weakness) such as Distigmine, Neostigmine, and Pancuronium, if taken along with Prelid Tablet, can lead to muscle weakness.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid having grapefruit juice, as it can cause adverse effects with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Prelid 16 MG
- Keep the medicine at room temperature and away from extreme heat and moisture.
- Do not take this medicine after its expiry date which is mentioned on the medicine.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Prelid 16 MG
Taking more than the prescribed dose can cause side effects, which can become severe over time. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember unless its time for your next dose. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my doctor before taking the Prelid Tablet?
A: You must inform your doctor if you have diabetes, as this medicine may increase sugar levels or if you have recently received any live vaccines such as measle, mumps and rubella (MMR), chickenpox or flu.
Q: Does the Prelid Tablet affect vaccinations?
A: The medicine can reduce the effectiveness of live or weakened vaccines. Hence, it is advisable to consult your doctor before taking any vaccine.
Q: What is the duration of the effect of this medicine?
A: The effect of this medicine lasts for approximately 36 hours.
Q: Can I stop taking Prelid Tablet on my own if I feel my symptoms are recovering?
A: No, steroids therapy should not be stopped abruptly, your doctor will gradually reduce your dose before completely withdrawing this therapy.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After