By FINECURE PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Poronil 10 MG Description
Poronil Tablet contains Alendronic Acid (also called Alendronate) as its active ingredient. It is used in treating and preventing bones from weakening (osteoporosis) in post-menopausal women. Take th
is medicine exactly as directed by your doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It must be taken on an empty stomach. Poronil Tablets should not be used in patients less than 18 years old. Before starting Poronil Tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from.
|You Save||₹7.43 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Alendronic Acid / Alendronate(10.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea Vomiting Headache Dizziness Stomach pain|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR OSTEOPOROSIS|
Check more medicines with composition as Alendronic Acid / Alendronate(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Poronil 10 MG
- Poronil Tablet is used to treat and prevent osteoporosis (a condition in which bones become weak and brittle) in post-menopausal women.
- It can also be used to treat and prevent osteoporosis in men or people using steroids.
Contraindications of Poronil 10 MG
- If you are allergic to Alendronic Acid (Alendronate) or any other ingredients of Poronil Tablet.
- If you have problems with your oesophagus, that makes it difficult to swallow or your food gets stuck.
- If you find it difficult to stand or sit straight for at least half an hour.
- If you have low calcium levels in your blood.
Side effects of Poronil 10 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Poronil 10 MG
Can I take Poronil Tablet during pregnancy?
Poronil Tablets should not be used in pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant before using it.
Can I take Poronil Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if the components of Poronil Tablet pass into breastmilk. Hence, do not breastfeed while taking this medicine. Consult your doctor before using Poronil Tablet while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Poronil Tablet?
Poronil Tablets may blur your vision and make you dizzy and sleepy. Avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Poronil Tablet?
There is limited information about the effects of Poronil Tablet with alcohol. However, avoid taking alcohol in an excessive amount.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have had a stomach ulcer.
- You suffer from Vitamin D deficiency.
- You have any dental and jaw problems.
- You have pain or difficulty in swallowing.
- You have any problems with your kidney.
- You have low levels of calcium in your blood.
- You have any stomach or intestine problems.
- You have had any operation of the stomach, throat.
- You have a condition called Barrett’s oesophagus (damage to the lower part of the oesophagus).
- Poronil Tablet is not recommended for patients below the age of 18 years.
Mode of Action of Poronil 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Alendronate in Poronil Tablet works by stopping the bones from becoming thinner and weaker. Thus, it helps in maintaining stronger bones and reduces the risk of broken bones.
Directions for Use of Poronil 10 MG
- Poronil Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It has to be taken on an empty stomach (at least 30 minutes before food).
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Poronil 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations or supplements to avoid any interaction.
- You should avoid consuming any food, beverages, calcium supplements, antacids, etc., for at least 30 minutes after taking this medicine.
- You need to be cautious while taking this medicine along with medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen (used to relieve pain and reduce inflammation).
Interactions with food items
Your doctor may recommend you to take Poronil Tablets on an empty stomach.
Storage and disposal of Poronil 10 MG
- Poronil Tablets should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Poronil 10 MG
Excess of Poronil Tablets may lead to symptoms like indigestion, heartburn, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, blood in vomit or stools. Seek urgent medical help if you experience any symptoms or feel you have taken too much of this medicine....
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What lifestyle changes do I need to make while suffering from osteoporosis?
A: You need to have a balanced and healthy diet. Exercise regularly and avoid or stop smoking.
Q: How to take Poronil Tablet?
A: Take Poronil Tablet as told by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water on an empty stomach. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Q: How long to take Poronil Tablet?
A: The dose and duration of Poronil Tablet will depend on the response to treatment. Take it for as long as the doctor has prescribed. Follow your doctor's instructions. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
- Binosto 70 mg effervescent tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Binosto 70 mg effervescent tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed