Pinom H 20mg Tablet 15'S
Pinom H 20mg Tablet 15'S Description
Pinom H 20 tablet is an antihypertensive medication. It contains a combination of two active ingredients - olmesartan and hydrochlorothiazide. Pinom H 20 is used for the management of high blood pres
sure. It lowers increased blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels. It also helps the body to get rid of extra fluid by producing more urine. This combined action helps to lower the blood pressure in individuals with high blood pressure. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended by your doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before starting Pinom H 20 tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, breastfeeding, and about your complete medical history. Along with taking this medicine, it is recommended to make certain lifestyle changes like eating a balanced diet, reducing salt intake, exercising regularly, and avoiding smoking and alcohol for better control of your blood pressure levels.
|You Save||₹29.09 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg) + Olmesartan Medoxomil(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, weakness, dizziness, chest pain|
Uses of Pinom H 20mg Tablet 15'S
Contraindications of Pinom H 20mg Tablet 15'S
- If you are allergic to olmesartan, hydrochlorothiazide, or any other ingredient of Pinom H 20 tablet.
- If you are allergic to other sulfonamide-derived medicines like sulfamethoxazole, sulfisoxazole. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have any kind of kidney or liver disease (yellowing of the skin and eyes, problems with drainage of the bile from the gallbladder).
- If you are more than 3 months pregnant.
- If you have diabetes, low potassium levels, low sodium levels, high calcium levels, or high uric acid levels in your body.
Side effects of Pinom H 20mg Tablet 15'S
- Chest pain
- Swelling of the legs, ankles, and hands
Precautions and Warnings of Pinom H 20mg Tablet 15'S
- The consumption of alcohol with Pinom H 20 tablet is not recommended because of the risk of development of orthostatic hypotension (low blood pressure that occurs when you stand up from a sitting or lying down position)....
Other General Warnings
- You are taking medicines called aliskiren or ACE-inhibitors (enalapril, lisinopril, ramipril), especially for diabetes-related kidney problems.
- You have liver, kidney problems, or if you have had a recent kidney transplant
- You have heart failure or problems with your heart valves or heart muscles.
- You are taking high doses of a medicine called diuretics or if you are on a low salt diet.
- You have problems with your adrenal glands (primary aldosteronism), diabetes, asthma, allergies, or an autoimmune disease called lupus erythematosus.
- You have had skin cancer or if you develop an unexpected skin lesion during the treatment.
- You experienced breathing or lung problems (including inflammation or fluid in the lungs) after taking hydrochlorothiazide in the past.
- You develop diarrhoea that is severe, continues for a long time, and causes weight loss.
- You notice a decrease in vision or eye pain.
- You develop symptoms like thirst, dryness of the mouth, muscle pain or cramps, low blood pressure, feeling weak, sluggish, tired, sleepy or restless, nausea, vomiting, less need to pass urine.
- You are due to have tests for parathyroid function.
- You are pregnant, you plan on becoming pregnant soon, or become pregnant during the course of the medicine.
Mode of Action of Pinom H 20mg Tablet 15'S
How Does It Work?
- Pinom H 20 tablet contains a combination of olmesartan and hydrochlorothiazide as active substances.
- Olmesartan works by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten. The tightening of the blood vessels restricts proper blood flow and causes the blood pressure to increase. When this substance is blocked, the blood vessels relax and blood flow occurs easily. As a result, the blood pressure is lowered. ...
- Hydrochlorothiazide helps the body to get rid of extra fluid by making your kidneys produce more urine. This leads to a reduction in blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Pinom H 20mg Tablet 15'S
- Take Pinom H 20 tablet exactly as recommended by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with sufficient water.
- Do not crush, break, or chew the medicine.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Pinom H 20mg Tablet 15'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Pinom H 20 tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Pinom H 20 tablet should not be used along with medicines containing lithium, ACE-inhibitors (captopril, enalapril, lisinopril, benazepril, fosinopril), angiotensin II receptor blockers (azilsartan, fimasartan), aliskiren, medicines affecting potassium levels (potassium-sparing diuretics like spironolactone, potassium supplements, salt substitutes containing potassium, other medicinal products that may increase potassium levels like heparin), and bile acid sequestering agent colesevelam....
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, abnormal heart rhythm, abnormal cholesterol levels, skeletal muscle relaxants, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorders....
Storage and disposal of Pinom H 20mg Tablet 15'S
- Store Pinom H 20 tablet in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pinom H 20mg Tablet 15'S
- Symptoms of an overdose of Pinom H 20 tablet include dehydration, altered electrolyte levels, decreased heart rate, decreased blood pressure, etc.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Pinom H 20 tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is essential hypertension (high blood pressure) and what are its causes?
Q: How often should I take Pinom H 20 tablets?
Q: What food and drinks should I avoid if I am taking medicines for high blood pressure?
Q: What are the side effects that can occur with the use of Pinom H 20 tablet?
Q: What is Pinom H 20 used for?
Q: Can I take Pinom H 20 with other medicines?
Q: When to take Pinom H 20?
Q: Can I stop Pinom H 20 on my own?
Q: Can Pinom H 20 be used in children?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 17 October 2022]
- Olmetec Plus 20 mg/12.5 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 October 2022]
- Olmetec Plus 20 mg/12.5 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 October 2022]
- OLMECIP H Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 17 October 2022]