Meftal Forte Tablet
Meftal Forte tablet is a combination medicine used for relieving pain. It is used to relieve pain associated with muscles and joints, headache, migraine and back pain. This tablet is also useful in t
eating pain due to sprain, strain and injury, post-operative pain and dental pain. This medicine contains mefenamic acid and paracetamol as its active molecule. It works by reducing the formation of certain chemicals that causes the sensation of pain. Meftal Forte tablet must be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should preferably be taken with or after having your meals. Take it regularly at a fixed time. Do not skip a dose or consume more than that recommended by the doctor.
|You Save||₹6.60 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Mefenamic Acid(500.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Pain relief, fever|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting|
Uses of MEFTAL FORTE TABLET
- Dental pain
- Post-operative pain
- Traumatic pain
- Sprain and strain
Contraindications of MEFTAL FORTE TABLET
- If you are allergic to Meftal Forte tablet or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are suffering from inflammation in the digestive tract.
- If you have or had stomach ulcers.
- If you have asthma or experienced an asthmatic attack due to painkillers.
- Meftal Forte tablet should not be used in the last trimester of pregnancy.
- Meftal Forte tablet should not be used for managing pain before, during and after coronary bypass surgery.
Side effects of MEFTAL FORTE TABLET
- Skin rashes
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of MEFTAL FORTE TABLET
Other General Warnings
- You have a liver or kidney problem.
- You have an ulcer in your stomach or intestine or perforations in the digestive tract.
- You may experience changes in blood count or anaemia.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure.
- You have a history of asthma or allergic reactions.
- You have fluid retention in your body (oedema).
- You have a heart condition like stroke, heart failure or myocardial infarction.
- Taking more than the daily dose of Meftal Forte may cause serious liver damage or allergic reactions, especially if you are consuming multiple products containing paracetamol or you consume alcohol too often....
Directions for Use of MEFTAL FORTE TABLET
- Take this medicine as directed by your physician.
- Meftal Forte tablets should be taken preferably with or after food.
Storage and disposal of MEFTAL FORTE TABLET
- Store the medicine at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of MEFTAL FORTE TABLET
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of MEFTAL FORTE TABLET
How Does It Work?
Interactions of MEFTAL FORTE TABLET
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Meftal Forte Tablet works or this tablet itself can affect the action of certain medicines when taken together.
- Especially, when taken along with medicines like Metoclopramide, Domperidone, Warfarin, Aspirin, Clopidogrel, steroids and painkillers when taken along can induce stomach or intestinal bleeding.
- Antidiabetic medicine if taken along with Meftal Forte can lead to low blood glucose.
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like Colestyramine should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours.
- Medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like Chloramphenicol.
- Meftal forte tablets should not be taken for 8 to 12 days after taking a medicine called Mifepristone.
- Digoxin used to treat heart failure should not be taken along with Meftal Forte tablets.
- Medicines used to lower blood pressure such as water pills, immunomodulator medicines such as Tacrolimus, Ciclosporin and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously.