Meftal Forte Tablet
By BLUE CROSS LABORATORIES PRIVATE LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Meftal Forte tablet is used for the symptomatic relief of mild-to-moderate pain such as pain associated with muscles and joints, headache, migraine and dental pain. It is also used to relieve pain due
to sports injury, sprain and strain. Meftal Forte tablet contains a combination of two medicines, Mefenamic acid and Paracetamol....
Uses of Meftal Forte Tablet
Meftal Forte is used for symptomatic relief of mild to moderate pain in headache, migraine, toothache, muscle ache, backache, traumatic pain, pain due to sprain and strain and pain after surgeries and
Contraindications of Meftal Forte Tablet
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you are suffering from inflammation in the digestive tract.
- If you have or had stomach ulcers.
- If you have asthma or experienced asthmatic attack due to painkillers.
- This medicine should not be used in the last trimester of pregnancy.
- This medicine should not be used for managing pain before, during and after coronary bypass surgery.
Side effects of Meftal Forte Tablet
- Skin rashes
- Stomach pain
- Lack of sleep
Precautions and Warnings of Meftal Forte Tablet
Can I take the Meftal Forte Tablet during pregnancy?
Meftal Forte should not be used in a pregnant woman as it can cause cardiovascular malformations in the growing foetus. It can also delay labour and can increase bleeding tendency in both mother and child if used during labour.
Can I take the Meftal Forte Tablet while breastfeeding?
You can take this medicine while breastfeeding as it is usually safe.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Meftal Forte Tablet?
No information is available on the ability to drive or use machines. However, if you observe or experience any side effects, it is advised not to drive or use machines. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with the Meftal Forte Tablet?
There is no direct interaction of the Meftal Forte tablet with alcohol. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems if you are taking this medicine with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a liver or kidney problem.
- You have an ulcer in your stomach or intestine or perforations in the digestive tract.
- You may experience changes in blood count or anaemia.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure.
- You have a history of asthma or allergic reactions.
- You have fluid retention in your body(oedema).
- You have a heart condition like stroke, heart failure or myocardial infarction.
Mode of Action of Meftal Forte Tablet
How Does It Work?
Mefenamic acid and Paracetamol act by inhibiting the prostaglandin synthesis, a chemical responsible for pain, inflammation and swelling
Directions for Use of Meftal Forte Tablet
- Take this medicine as directed by your physician.
- Meftal Forte tablets should be taken preferably with or after food.
Interactions of Meftal Forte Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Meftal Forte Tablet works or the Meftal Forte Tablet itself can affect the action of certain medicines when taken together.
- Especially, when taken along with medicines like Metoclopramide, Domperidone, Warfarin, Aspirin, Clopidogrel, steroids and painkillers when taken along can induce stomach or intestinal bleeding.
- Antidiabetic medicine if taken along with the Meftal Forte can lead to low blood glucose.
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like Colestyramine should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours.
- Medicines used to treat a bacterial infection like Chloramphenicol.
- Meftal forte tablet should not be taken for 8 to 12 days after taking a medicine called Mifepristone.
- Digoxin used to treat heart failure should not be taken along with the Meftal Forte tablets.
- Medicines used to lower blood pressure such as water pills, immunomodulator medicines such as Tacrolimus, Ciclosporin and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Meftal Forte Tablet
- Store the medicine at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Meftal Forte Tablet
The symptoms of an overdose of the Meftal Forte tablets include lethargy, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest ho
spital. Significant high doses of this medicine can lead to liver damage or liver failure....
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one. If you have missed the dose, take the next dose as soon as you remember.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give this medicine to my children?
A: It is not to be used for children. Do not give any medicine to your child without consulting a child specialist as the organs and other body structures are not fully developed in children.
Q: Can we take the Meftal Forte on an empty stomach?
A: No, you should always take this medicine with or after food.
Q: How does the Meftal Forte work on a headache?
A: Headache or any pain is caused due to the production of inflammatory mediators such as prostaglandin. Meftal Forte blocks the formation of those chemicals and relieves headaches.
Q: Is the Meftal Forte an antibiotic?
A: No, it is not an antibiotic medicine. It helps in relieving pain.
Q: Can I have the Meftal Forte twice a day?
A: You should take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor. The dose of this medicine depends on your underlying condition. Refrain from using too much of this medicine if you do not experience any pain relief.
Q: Does the Meftal Forte affect your blood count?
A: Yes, there can be variations in blood cell count after taking this medicine. You should tell your doctor before going for any blood tests as it may vary due to this medicine.
Q: How long does the Meftal Forte take to show its actions?
A: This medicine usually starts working within an hour. However, it can vary among individuals depending on their physiology and other biological parameters.
Q: Meftal Forte vs Dolo 650, How do they differ?
A: Meftal Forte Tablet contains Mefenamic acid and Paracetamol and is generally used for symptomatic relief from mild to moderate pain. Dolo 650 Tablet contains only Paracetamol and generally used for the treatment of fever and pain. You should only take the Meftal Forte if your doctor prescribes it as the same shall be based on your diagnosis and your medical history.
Last Updated on: 01 Jul 2021 | 11:50 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved