Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets contains Olmesartan medoxomil, an anti-hypertensive. It is used to treat high blood pressure. It should be taken as directed by your doctor. Take it in the dose and duration as prescribed. It may be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Avoid taking this medicine if you are allergic to it, are over 3-months pregnant, have any kidney diseases or are diabetic. Before starting this medicine, it is mandatory to inform your doctor about your past medical history and medicines that you take.
Uses of Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Olmesartan medoxomil or any other ingredients of Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are pregnant for over 3-months
- If you are suffering from jaundice
- If you have diabetes
- If you have problems with your gallbladder
- If you have any kidney disease
- If you are using any medicine containing aliskiren
Side effects of Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Body pain, chest pain
- Flu-like symptoms
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Blood in the urine
Precautions and Warnings of Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets during pregnancy?
This medicine may cause harmful effects in the unborn baby and it should be avoided. Consult your doctor before using any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets while breastfeeding?
This medicine is not recommended during breastfeeding, as it is unknown if it passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before using any medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
This medicine may make you dizzy. You need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
It is unsafe for you to consume alcohol while on treatment with Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from any heart diseases
- You have problems with your kidney or liver
- You have diarrhoea, vomiting
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide)
- You are on a low-salt diet
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels
- You have problems with your adrenal glands
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like Ramipril, Lisinopril, Aliskiren, etc
- Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets is not recommended for children below the age of 6 years
Mode of Action of Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, thus relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily.
Directions for Use of Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Take this tablet as directed by the physician. Swallow it whole with a glass of water or milk. It can be taken with or without food. Do not break, crush or chew the medicine. It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time. Do not exceed that dose more than that recommended.
Interactions of Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Before starting Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets, inform your doctor about all the medicines you take, including herbal, vitamins & mineral supplements.
- This medicine, when taken with other antihypertensive medications like benazepril, captopril, lisinopril, may alter its effects.
- Concomitant use along with medicine used in heart diseases and high blood pressure like perindopril, candesartan, aliskiren may increase the risk of side effects with this medicine.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with potassium supplements, medications like amiloride, spironolactone is not recommended, as it may lead to increased potassium levels in the blood.
- Medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, etc may lead to kidney failure when taken together with this medicine.
- Lithium should not be taken simultaneously with this medicine.
- This medicine should be taken at least 4 hours before Colesevelam (used to reduce cholesterol and fatty substances in the blood).
Interactions with food items
Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets can be taken either before or after your meals.
Storage and disposal of Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat. Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Overdose of this medicine may lead to low blood pressure (symptoms include dizziness, nausea, unconsciousness, blurred vision, etc). Seek urgent medical help if you experience any such symptom or feel that you have taken too much of Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets.read less
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets?
A: Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets is used to treat high blood pressure.
Q: What lifestyle changes should I make to control high blood pressure?
- You should plan your diet, consume a balanced diet which has proteins, whole grain fibrous fruits and vegetables
- Limit carbohydrate, salt and sugar intake
- Exercise regularly and reduce weight
- Avoid smoking or drinking
- Consult your doctor before starting any diet or food habits
Q: What does Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets contain?
A: Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets is an antihypertensive medicine containing Olmesartan medoxomil as its active ingredient.
Q: Should Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets be taken with or without food?
A: Pinom 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. It can be taken with or without food.
Last Updated on: 23 Dec 2020 | 11:08 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved