Pantosec Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Pantosec D SR capsule is an anti-reflux medicine. It contains pantoprazole and domperidone as active components. It is used for the treatment of heartburn, acidity, ulcer, acid reflux etc. It is also
helpful in nausea, vomiting and fullness and prevents the backflow of undigested food to the food pipe. Ulcer is a sore present in the lining of the stomach or intestine due to excess acid. This excess of acid can also cause acidity, heartburn and backflow of acid (acid reflux). Pantosec DSR capsule works by reducing acid production and preventing the backflow of acid to the food pipe. Pantosec D SR capsules should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Try to take this medicine first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or at least 1 hour before a meal. Before taking this medicine or initiating the treatment, let your doctor know about your detailed medical and medication history. Along with taking medicine on time, making certain lifestyle modifications can help to manage your acidity problem better. Try eating smaller meals, eat slowly and avoid overeating and lying down immediately after having a meal. Limit intake of alcohol, avoid smoking and maintain a healthy weight, consult the doctor to understand what works for you best.
Uses of PANTOSEC DSR STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Contraindications of PANTOSEC DSR STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- If you are allergic to Pantoprazole or Domperidone or any of the ingredients of Pantosec D sr.
- If you are taking any product containing Rilpivirine
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeding or obstruction
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder
- If you have any tumor of the pituitary gland (prolactin pituitary tumours)
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems or electrolyte imbalance
Side effects of PANTOSEC DSR STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Dry mouth
- Altered sense of taste
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Joint and muscle pain
- Decreased magnesium in blood
- Polyps in the stomach
- Irregular menses, breast enlargement, breast swelling
Precautions and Warnings of PANTOSEC DSR STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Other General Warnings
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking this medicine
- You experience black stools
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids
- On exposure to sun, you get rash on your skin, stop your treatment and inform your doctor as soon as you can
- You are on this medicine for a long time. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase chances of developing bone fractures
- You have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems and electrolyte imbalance
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure
- You are taking medicines to treat infection or you have HIV
- You need to go through a regular checkup if you are taking this medicine since last one year
Directions for Use of PANTOSEC DSR STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Storage and disposal of PANTOSEC DSR STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Protect it from light
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of PANTOSEC DSR STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of PANTOSEC DSR STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids
- Pantoprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion
- Domperidone increases the motility of stomach, intestines; so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe
Interactions of PANTOSEC DSR STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Pantoprazole and Domperidone. Any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Medicines used to treat HIV infection like Atazanavir
- Medicines used to thin the blood like Warfarin
- Do not take this medicine along with Methotrexate
- Medicines used to treat fungal infections like Ketoconazole, Itraconazole and Posaconazole
- Medicines used to treat infections (antibiotics) like Erythromycin
- Medicines used to treat heart diseases or medicines that may affect your heart
Interactions with food items
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the precautions I need to take before taking Pantosec D sr?
Q: What is GERD?
Q: Can I give Pantosec D sr to my child for acidity?
Q: Can we take Pantosec DSR on an empty stomach?
Q: How long Pantosec DSR can be taken?
Q: How does Pantosec DSR capsule work?
- PANSEC DSR Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 9 August 2022]
- Pantoprazole (Oral Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 9 August 2022]
- DailyMed - PANTOPRAZOLE SODIUM DELAYED-RELEASE- pantoprazole sodium tablet, delayed release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 9 August 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 9 August 2022]