Dompan Sr Description
Dompan SR tablet is an antacid and anti-reflux medicine that is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) - a condition where acid from the stomach flows back to the food pipe. This backfl
w of acid irritates the lining of the food pipe and leads to chest pain and heartburn. Dompan SR tablet is a combination medicine containing pantoprazole and domperidone as active substances. This combination is used in patients in which pantoprazole alone is not able to control acid reflux. Dompan SR tablets should be taken as directed by the doctor in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should preferably be taken before meals. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before starting treatment with this medicine.
Uses of Dompan Sr
Contraindications of Dompan Sr
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole, domperidone, or other ingredients of Dompan SR tablet.
- If you are taking an anti-HIV medicine called rilpivirine.
- If you have or had bleeding or blockage in the stomach or intestine.
- If you have any liver or kidney-related problems.
- If you were diagnosed with a pituitary gland tumor.
- If you have any heart conditions such as heart failure, irregular heart rhythm, electrolyte or salt imbalance.
Side effects of Dompan Sr
- Dry mouth
- Flatulence (gas)
Precautions and Warnings of Dompan Sr
Other General Warnings
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking Dompan SR tablet.
- You experience black tarry stools and abdominal pain after taking this medicine.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You have kidney or liver-related disorders, including kidney failure.
- You have or had a fracture recently or have brittle or weak bones (osteoporosis).
- You are on steroids or HIV medicines or any anti-infective medicine.
- You get a rash on your skin on exposure to the sun.
- You have existing heart conditions such as heart failure, heart rhythm disorders, and electrolyte or salt imbalance.
Mode of Action of Dompan Sr
How Does It Work?
- Dompan SR tablet works by the combined action of its two ingredients - pantoprazole and domperidone.
- Pantoprazole blocks the action of a substance called hydrogen-potassium-ATPase which is responsible for the production of acid in the stomach. This helps to heal ulcers and improve symptoms like acidity and heartburn....
- Domperidone is an antiemetic agent which prevents vomiting. It works by increasing the movement in the stomach and intestines so that acid and food do not flow back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Dompan Sr
- Dompan SR tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, preferably in the morning before your first meal.
Interactions of Dompan Sr
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Dompan SR tablet works or Dompan SR tablet itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines like antibiotics, antimalarials, blood thinners, medicines to treat heart conditions like heart failure, high cholesterol, or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Storage and disposal of Dompan Sr
- Store Dompan SR tablets in a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Dompan Sr
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does GERD mean?
Q: Can I give Dompan SR tablet to my child?
Q: Dompan SR tablet vs Pan 40, how do they differ?
- Dompan SR tablet is a combination of medicine. It contains two ingredients, Pantoprazole and Domperidone. It is used to treat gastrointestinal reflux diseases, not responding to Pantoprazole alone or other acidity medicines. ...
- Pan 40 contains only Pantoprazole and is used for acidity, GERD and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (a tumour of the pancreas inducing excess secretion of stomach acid). These two differ in their ingredients and the conditions they are used for. Your doctor may prescribe you the medicine suitable for you after accessing your medical history....
Q: What is the use of Dompan SR tablet?
- Dompan SR tablet is used to treat GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), a condition where acid from the stomach flows back to the food pipe.
- It also helps in relieving symptoms such as heartburn, chest discomfort or acidity.
Q: When to take Dompan SR tablet?
- PANSEC DSR Capsules (Pantoprazole Gastro-resistant + Domperidone Prolonged-release) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 11 Apr 2022]
- DailyMed - PANTOPRAZOLE SODIUM tablet, delayed release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 11 Apr 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 Apr 2022]
- Pantoprazole (Oral Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 11 Apr 2022]
- Pantoprazole 40 mg gastro-resistant tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 Apr 2022]
- Pantoprazole 40 mg gastro-resistant tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 Apr 2022]
- Domperidone Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 Apr 2022]
- Domperidone Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 Apr 2022]