Ulpan Dsr Capsule
By CORONA REMEDIES PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
9 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ulpan Dsr Capsule is an anti-reflux medicine. It is used to treat GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease). GERD is a condition where acid from the stomach flows back to the food pipe. This backflow of
acid irritates the lining of the food pipe and leads to chest pain and heartburn. It contains a combination of two medicines - pantoprazole and domperidone. This combination is used in patients in which pantoprazole alone is not able to control acid reflux. Ulpan Dsr Capsule should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken before meals....
Uses of Ulpan Dsr Capsule
Ulpan Dsr Capsule is used to treat GERD (Gastrointestinal reflux disease), which is non-responsive to pantoprazole alone. It helps in relieving symptoms such as heartburn, chest discomfort or acidity.
Contraindications of Ulpan Dsr Capsule
- If you are allergic to Pantoprazole or Domperidone or other ingredients present along with it.
- If you are taking an anti-HIV medicine called Rilpivirine.
- If you have or ever had bleeding or obstruction in the stomach or intestine.
- If you have any liver or kidney-related problems.
- If you were diagnosed with pituitary gland tumors
- If you have any heart conditions such as heart failure,irregular heart rhythm, electrolyte or salt imbalance.
Side effects of Ulpan Dsr Capsule
- Dry mouth
- Flatulence (Passing gas)
Precautions and Warnings of Ulpan Dsr Capsule
Can I take Ulpan Dsr Capsule during pregnancy?
- There is no safety information available on the use of Ulpan Dsr Capsule in pregnant women. Hence, it should be avoided unless it is prescribed by the doctor to reduce the chances of any potential harm to the unborn baby....Read more
Can I take Ulpan Dsr Capsule while breastfeeding?
- Components of Ulpan Dsr Capsule pass into the breastmilk in a small amount. Hence, it should be avoided while breastfeeding. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine while you are breastfeeding ifit is necessary for your health. In that case, avoid breastfeeding....Read more
Can I drive if I have consumed Ulpan Dsr Capsule?
Ulpan Dsr Capsules have no or negligible influence on your ability to drive and use machines. However, if you experience headache, dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances, it is advisable not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Ulpan Dsr Capsule?
There are no known interactions reported between this medicine and alcohol. However, alcohol is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking this medicine.
- You experience black tarry stools and abdominal pain after taking this medicine.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You have kidney or liver-related disorders, including kidney failure.
- You have or had a fracture recently or have brittle or weak bones (Osteoporosis).
- You are on steroids or HIV medicines or any anti-infective medicine.
- On exposure to the sun, you get a rash on your skin, stop your treatment and inform your doctor as soon as you can.
- If you are on this medicine for a long time. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- You have existing heart conditions such as heart failure, heart rhythm disorders and electrolyte or salt imbalance.
- You may be asked by your doctor to perform certain tests regularly if you are taking this medicine for long-term treatment.
Mode of Action of Ulpan Dsr Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Ulpan Dsr Capsule works by the combined action of its two ingredients, pantoprazole and domperidone.
- Pantoprazole reduces the intake of certain ions in the stomach wall that are necessary for the production of digestive acids in the stomach, and hence leads to reduced acid production.
- Domperidone is an antiemetic agent. It works by increasing the movement in the stomach and intestines so that acid does not flow back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Ulpan Dsr Capsule
Ulpan Dsr Capsule should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.Take Ulpan Dsr Capsule tablets, preferably in the morning before your first meal.
Interactions of Ulpan Dsr Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Ulpan Dsr works or Ulpan Dsr itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines like antibiotics, antimalarials, blood thinners, and to treat heart conditions like heart failure, high cholesterol, antimalarials, or medicines for brain-related disorders....Read more
Interactions with food items
You may be asked to avoid spicy foods, smoking, reduce caffeine intake (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) and alcohol as they may stimulate stomach acid and hinder the treatment process.
Storage and disposal of Ulpan Dsr Capsule
- Store Ulpan Dsr Capsule in a cool and dry place away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly.
Dosage of Ulpan Dsr Capsule
Symptoms of an overdose of Ulpan Dsr Capsule include abnormal muscle movements, fits, aggressive behaviour, drowsiness, slurred speech and feeling anxious. If you have taken too much of this medicine,
then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a doubl
e dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does GERD mean?
A: GERD is a condition of acid reflux, also known as gastrointestinal reflux disease. It is a condition in which acid from the stomach flows back to the food pipe, a tube connecting your mouth to the stomach. This acid backflow irritates the lining of the food pipe and causes chest discomfort, pain, burping and damage to liing of the food pipe.
Q: Can I give Ulpan Dsr Capsule to my child?
A: No, Ulpan Dsr Capsule is not recommended for individuals below 12 years of age.
Q: Ulpan Dsr Capsule vs Pan 40, how do they differ?
- Ulpan Dsr Capsule is a combination of medicine. It contains two ingredients, Pantoprazole and Domperidone. It is used to treat gastrointestinal reflux diseases, not responding to Pantoprazole alone orother acidity medicines....Read more
- Pan 40 contains only Pantoprazole and is used for acidity, GERD and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (a tumour of the pancreas inducing excess secretion of stomach acid). These two differ in their ingredients and the conditions they are used for. Your doctor may prescribe you the medicine suitable for you after accessing your medical history....Read more
Q: Can I take Ulpan Dsr Capsules for gas?
A: No, Ulpan Dsr Capsule is not effective in reducing gas, bloating and flatulence.
Last Updated on: 04 Jun 2021 | 07:17 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Get FREE HbA1c test + Flat 15% off on 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved