Pantop Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Pantop DSR capsule is an acidity medicine. It contains pantoprazole and domperidone as the main components. It is used for the treatment of heartburn, acidity, ulcers, acid reflux, etc. It is also helpful in nausea, vomiting and fullness and prevents the backflow of undigested food to the food pipe.
An ulcer is a sore present in the lining of the stomach or intestine due to excess acid. This excess of acid can also cause acidity, heartburn and backflow of acid (acid reflux). A few more capsules that also contain pantoprazole and domperidone are Pantocid Dsr, Pan D and Pantodac Dsr. Pantop DSR capsule works by reducing acid production and preventing the backflow of acid to the food pipe.
Pantop DSR capsules should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Try to take this medicine first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or at least 1 hour before a meal. Before taking this medicine or initiating the treatment, let your doctor know about your detailed medical and medication history.
Along with taking medicine on time, making certain lifestyle modifications can help to manage your acidity problem better. Try eating smaller meals, eating slowly, avoiding overeating and lying down immediately after having a meal. Limit your intake of alcohol, avoid smoking and maintain a healthy weight; consult the doctor to understand what works best for you.
|You Save||₹7.00 (5% on MRP)|
|Contains||Pantoprazole(40.0 Mg) + Domperidone(30.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Acidity, heartburn, Gastroesophageal reflux disease|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, dry mouth, headache, weakness, rash|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC|
- Pantakind Dsr 40mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 109.89₹ 93.4121.51% CHEAPER₹ 9.34/Capsule
- Intacool D Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Revomed Private Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 159.00₹ 128.79₹ 12.88/Capsule
Uses of PANTOP DSR STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD)
- Stomach and intestinal ulcer (peptic ulcer)
- Acidity, indigestion and heartburn
- Nausea, vomiting and fullness
- Erosive oesophagitis (EE)
- Regurgitation of stomach contents
Contraindications of PANTOP DSR STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or domperidone, or any of the ingredients of the Pantop DSR Capsule.
- If you are suffering from a liver or kidney disorder.
- If you are taking any product containing Rilpivirine.
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeding or obstruction.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you have severe heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems or electrolyte imbalance.
Side effects of PANTOP DSR STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of PANTOP DSR STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Other General Warnings
- You experience black stools.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking the Pantop DSR Capsule.
- You have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems and electrolyte imbalance.
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You are taking medicines to treat an infection or you have HIV.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- On exposure to the sun, if you get a rash on your skin, stop your treatment and inform your doctor immediately.
- You are on the Pantop DSR Capsule for a long time. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- You need to go through a regular checkup if you are taking this medicine for a prolonged period.
Directions for Use of PANTOP DSR STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Pantop DSR Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should preferably be used in the morning before food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of PANTOP DSR STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Store the Pantop DSR capsules in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Quick Tips of PANTOP DSR STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Pantop DSR Capsule is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). GERD occurs when the stomach contents go back into the food pipe. Do not take this medicine for any other condition other than that specified by your doctor....
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- Before starting Pantop DSR Capsule, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding. Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history....
- This medicine should preferably be taken before meals for optimum effectiveness.
- Headache, dizziness, diarrhoea, nausea and vomiting may occur in some individuals with the use of this medicine. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or do not go away.
- You can make certain lifestyle modifications like preventing excess intake of foods that cause acidity like carbonated drinks and oily/fried food, regular exercise and maintaining a healthy weight.
- It is also advised to limit alcohol intake and quit smoking for better treatment of your acid reflux.
Dosage of PANTOP DSR STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Symptoms of an overdose may lead to uncontrolled muscle movements, aggression, fits, sleepiness, slurred speech, anxiety, etc.
- If you think you have taken too much of the Pantop DSR Capsule, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of PANTOP DSR STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
How Does It Work?
Interactions of PANTOP DSR STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Interactions with other medicines
- Pantop DSR Capsule contains Pantoprazole and Domperidone. Any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Medicines used to treat HIV infection like Atazanavir.
- Medicines used to thin the blood like Warfarin.
- Do not take this medicine along with Methotrexate.
- Medicines used to treat fungal infections like Ketoconazole, Itraconazole and Posaconazole.
- Medicines used to treat infections (antibiotics) like Erythromycin.
- Medicines used to treat heart diseases or medicines that may affect your heart.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Interactions with food items
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the precautions I need to take before taking Pantop DSR capsules?
Q: What is GERD?
Q: Can I give Pantop DSR to my child for acidity?
Q: Does Pantop DSR affect periods?
Q: Does Pantop DSR make you sleepy?
Q: Can I use Pantop DSR in diarrhoea?
Q: Is Pantop DSR for gas?
Q: Can I take Pantop DSR if I have high blood pressure?
Q: Can I take Pantop DSR in the evening?
Q: For what purpose is Pantop DSR used?
Q: Can we take Pantop DSR on an empty stomach?
Q: How long Pantop DSR can be taken?
Q: How does the DSR capsule work?
Q: Does Pantop DSR capsule cause osteoporosis?
Q: Can Pantop DSR cause allergies?
Q: Can I take Pantop DSR for acidity on my own?
Q: Can Pantop DSR be taken with antibiotics?
Q: Does pantop DSR cause brittle bones?
Q: What are the side effects of Pantop DSR?
Q: Does Pantop DSR cause flatulence?
- PANSEC DSR Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 9 August 2022]
- Pantoprazole (Oral Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 9 August 2022]
- DailyMed - PANTOPRAZOLE SODIUM DELAYED-RELEASE- pantoprazole sodium tablet, delayed release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 9 August 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 9 August 2022]