Pantop Dsr Capsule
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pantop DSR Capsule is an anti-reflux medicine containing a combination of two medicines - Pantoprazole and Domperidone. It is used to treat gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD), not responding to pantoprazole alone. GERD occurs due to frequent acid reflux (Burning pain or discomfort in the chest). Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to it. This medicine should be used under medical prescription and for the duration, it is prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Pantop DSR capsule.
Uses of Pantop Dsr Capsule
Pantop DSR Capsule is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease, not responding to pantoprazole alone. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort or acidity.
Contraindications of Pantop Dsr Capsule
- If you are allergic to Pantoprazole or Domperidone or any of the ingredients of Pantop DSR capsule.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder.
- If you are taking any product containing Rilpivirine.
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeding or obstruction.
- If you have any tumor of the pituitary gland (prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems or electrolyte imbalance.
Side effects of Pantop Dsr Capsule
- Dry mouth
- Altered sense of taste
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Joint and muscle pain
- Decreased magnesium in blood
- Polyps in the stomach
- Irregular menses, breast enlargement, breast swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Pantop Dsr Capsule
Can I take Pantop DSR Capsule during pregnancy?
Pantop DSR capsule should not be used during pregnancy as its components may harm your unborn baby. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take Pantop DSR Capsule while breastfeeding?
Components of Pantop DSR capsule passes into breast milk in small amounts and might affect your baby. Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding. After assessing the benefits over risks, your doctor might change the medicine or ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pantop DSR Capsule?
If you experience headaches, dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances, it is advisable not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Pantop DSR Capsule?
There is no interaction reported between Pantop DSR capsule and alcohol. However, alcohol is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience black stools.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking Pantop DSR capsule.
- You have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems and electrolyte imbalance.
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You are taking medicines to treat an infection or you have HIV.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- On exposure to the sun, you get rash on your skin, stop your treatment and inform your doctor immediately.
- You are on Pantop DSR capsule for a long time. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- You need to go through a regular checkup if you are taking this medicine for a prolonged period.
Mode of Action of Pantop Dsr Capsule
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids.
- Pantoprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach, intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Pantop Dsr Capsule
- Pantop DSR capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should preferably be used in the morning before food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Pantop Dsr Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Pantop DSR capsule contains Pantoprazole and Domperidone. Any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Medicines used to treat HIV infection like Atazanavir.
- Medicines used to thin the blood like Warfarin.
- Do not take this medicine along with Methotrexate.
- Medicines used to treat fungal infections like Ketoconazole, Itraconazole and Posaconazole.
- Medicines used to treat infections (antibiotics) like Erythromycin.
- Medicines used to treat heart diseases or medicines that may affect your heart.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Interactions with food items
Pantop DSR capsule is to be taken on an empty stomach. There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) and alcohol can stimulate stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process.
Storage and disposal of Pantop Dsr Capsule
- Store Pantop DSR capsules in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Pantop Dsr Capsule
- Symptoms of overdose may lead to uncontrolled muscle movements, aggression, fits, sleepiness, slurred speech, anxiety, etc.
- If you think you have taken too much of Pantop DSR capsule, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Pantop DSR capsule, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the precautions I need to take before taking this medicine?
- You need to tell your doctor if you have any heart, liver or kidney problem.
- Check if you have low levels of magnesium or vitamin B12.
- You should avoid the use of this medicine for a prolonged time.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines for treating HIV.
Q: What is GERD?
A: GERD stands for gastro-intestinal reflux disorder. There is a valve-like structure between the stomach and food pipe, which allows food to pass from the food pipe into the stomach. In this disease, the acid from the stomach, goes back upwards in the food pipe. This acid then causes chest discomfort, pain, burping and damage to the food pipe.
Q: Can I give this medicine to my child for acidity?
A: No, this medicine is not meant for children less than 12 years of age.
Last Updated on: 06 Feb 2021 | 12:18 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved