Pantop Dsr Capsule
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pantop DSR capsule is an acidity medicine. It contains a combination of pantoprazole and domperidone. Pantop DSR capsule is used for the treatment of heartburn, acidity, ulcer, acid reflux etc. Ulcer is a sore present in the lining of the stomach or intestine due to excess acid. This excess of acid can also cause acidity, heartburn and backflow of acid (acid reflux). Pantop DSR capsule works by reducing acid production and preventing the backflow of acid to the food pipe. It is also helpful in nausea, vomiting, fullness and prevents the backflow of undigested food to the food pipe. Pantop DSR capsules should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Try to take this medicine first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or at least 1 hour before a meal. Before taking this medicine or initiating the treatment let your doctor know about your detailed medical and medication history....
|You Save||₹25.20 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Pantoprazole(40.0 Mg),Domperidone(30.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, dry mouth, headache, weakness, rash|
|Classification||ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC|
Check more medicines with composition as Pantoprazole(40.0 Mg) + Domperidone(30.0 Mg)
Uses of Pantop Dsr Capsule
Gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD) Stomach and intestinal ulcer Acidity and heartburn Nausea, vomiting and fullness Erosive oesophagitis (EE) Regurgitation of stomach contents
Contraindications of Pantop Dsr Capsule
- If you are allergic to Pantoprazole or Domperidone or any of the ingredients of the Pantop DSR Capsule.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder.
- If you are taking any product containing Rilpivirine.
- If you have stomach or intestinal bleeding or obstruction.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems or electrolyte imbalance.
Side effects of Pantop Dsr Capsule
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Pantop Dsr Capsule
Can I take the Pantop DSR Capsule during pregnancy?
Pantop DSR Capsule should not be used during pregnancy as its components may harm your unborn baby. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take the Pantop DSR Capsule while breastfeeding?
Components of the Pantop DSR Capsule pass into the breastmilk in small amounts and might affect your baby. Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding. After assessing the benefits over risks, your doctor might change the medicine or ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Pantop DSR Capsule?
If you experience headaches, dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances, it is advisable not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Pantop DSR Capsule?
There is no interaction reported between the Pantop DSR Capsule and alcohol. However, alcohol is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience black stools.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking the Pantop DSR Capsule.
- You have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems and electrolyte imbalance.
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You are taking medicines to treat an infection or you have HIV.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- On exposure to the sun, you get rash on your skin, stop your treatment and inform your doctor immediately.
- You are on the Pantop DSR Capsule for a long time. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- You need to go through a regular checkup if you are taking this medicine for a prolonged period.
Mode of Action of Pantop Dsr Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Pantoprazole belongs to the class of medicines called proton pump inhibitors. The lining of the stomach secretes acid by certain processes that involve the intake of ions via a proton pump in the cells. Rabeprazole reduces the intake of the ions in the stomach cells that are necessary for the production of digestive acids in the stomach and hence leads to reduced acid production....
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Pantop Dsr Capsule
- Pantop DSR Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should preferably be used in the morning before food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Pantop Dsr Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Pantop DSR Capsule contains Pantoprazole and Domperidone. Any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Medicines used to treat HIV infection like Atazanavir.
- Medicines used to thin the blood like Warfarin.
- Do not take this medicine along with Methotrexate.
- Medicines used to treat fungal infections like Ketoconazole, Itraconazole and Posaconazole.
- Medicines used to treat infections (antibiotics) like Erythromycin.
- Medicines used to treat heart diseases or medicines that may affect your heart.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Interactions with food items
Pantop DSR Capsule is to be taken on an empty stomach. There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) and alcohol can stimulate stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process....
Storage and disposal of Pantop Dsr Capsule
- Store the Pantop DSR capsules in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Pantop Dsr Capsule
- Symptoms of an overdose may lead to uncontrolled muscle movements, aggression, fits, sleepiness, slurred speech, anxiety, etc.
- If you think you have taken too much of the Pantop DSR Capsule, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of the Pantop DSR Capsule, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the precautions I need to take before taking Pantop DSR capsules?
- You need to tell your doctor if you have any heart, liver or kidney problems.
- Check if you have low levels of magnesium or vitamin B12.
- You should avoid the use of this medicine for a prolonged time.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines for treating HIV.
Q: What is GERD?
A: GERD stands for gastro-intestinal reflux disorder. There is a valve-like structure between the stomach and food pipe, which allows food to pass from the food pipe into the stomach. In this disease, the acid from the stomach goes back upwards in the food pipe. This acid then causes chest discomfort, pain, burping and damage to the food pipe.
Q: Can I give Pantop DSR to my child for acidity?
A: No, this medicine is not meant for children less than 12 years of age.
Q: Does Pantop DSR affect periods?
A: No, Pantop DSR does not affect your monthly menstrual cycle or periods. If you experience irregularities in the cycle while taking this medicine consult your doctor.
Q: Does Pantop DSR make you sleepy?
A: Pantip DSR can make few individuals feel drowsy or sleepy. However, this is uncommon and does not affect everyone.
Q: Can I use Pantop DSR in diarrhoea?
A: No, Pantop DSR does not help you control diarrhoea. You should not take this medicine for any other condition other than what it is prescribed for.
Q: Is Pantop DSR for gas?
A: No, Pantop DSR is not effective in controlling gas and flatulence. It is used for ulcers and diseases associated with an excess of acid in the stomach.
Q: Can I take Pantop DSR if I have high blood pressure?
A: Pantop DSR may interact with certain medicines used for the treatment of high blood pressure. Consult your doctor before taking Pantop DSR if you are already on medicines to control high blood pressure.
Q: Can I take the Pantop DSR in the evening?
A: Pantop DSR should preferably be taken in the morning before meals or as told by the doctor, for maximum results.
Q: For what purpose the Pantop DSR is used?
A: Pantop DSR capsule is used to treat GERD (Gastrointestinal reflux disease), not responding to pantoprazole alone. It helps to relieve symptoms like heartburn, chest discomfort or acidity.
Q: Can we take the Pantop DSR on an empty stomach?
A: No, Pantop DSR should preferably be taken in the morning before food. Take it at least one hour before the meal. It should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
Q: How long Pantop DSR can be taken?
A: You should take the Pantop DSR for as long as a doctor has prescribed you. Do not take it for longer than 4 weeks, without consulting a doctor.
Q: How does the DSR capsule work?
A: Pantop DSR capsule contains a combination of pantoprazole and domperidone. Pantop DSR capsule works by reducing acid production and preventing the backflow of acid to the food pipe. It is helpful in nausea, vomiting, fullness and prevents the backflow of undigested food to the food pipe by increasing the motility of the stomach and intestines.
Q: Does Pantop DSR capsule cause osteoporosis?
A: Therapy with Pantop DSR capsule may increase the risk for osteoporosis-related fractures of the hip, wrist or spine. The risk of fracture is more in patients who are supposed to take a high dose of this medicine for a prolonged duration. Tell your doctor if you already have osteoporosis before initiating treatment with Pantop DSR. It is recommended to have an adequate intake of vitamin D and calcium.
Q: Can Pantop DSR cause allergies?
A: You may rarely experience an allergic reaction after taking the Pantop DSR. The symptoms may include swelling of the tongue and/or throat, difficulty in swallowing, hives, rash, facial swelling, etc. If you experience any such kind of allergic reaction during the treatment, inform the doctor immediately.
- PANSEC DSR Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 9 November 2021]
- Pantoprazole (Oral Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 9 November 2021]
- DailyMed - PANTOPRAZOLE SODIUM DELAYED-RELEASE- pantoprazole sodium tablet, delayed release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 9 November 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 November 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.