Pantonex 40 MG Description
Pantonex Tablet is used to reduce acid production in stomach. It is used for the treatment of ulcers and acid reflux disease or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). It contains pantoprazole as an
active ingredient. It reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach by blocking a pump called the proton pump in the stomach wall responsible for the formation of acid. The medicine should be taken on an empty stomach as prescribed by a doctor. Along with taking medicine on time making certain lifestyle modifications can help to manage your acidity problem better. Try eating smaller meals, eat slowly, avoid overeating and lying down immediately after having a meal, limit alcohol intake, avoid smoking and maintain a healthy weight, consult the doctor to understand what works for you best.
- Pharpanto 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Threpsi Solutions Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 99.00₹ 84.15₹
- Pentaloc 40mg Tablet 15'sBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 126.70₹ 107.69₹
- Pantosec 40mg TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 130.51₹ 104.41₹
- Pentowok 40mg TabletBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 114.70₹ 91.76₹
- Pentab 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 163.80₹ 139.23₹
- Protera 40mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 179.35₹ 152.45₹
- Pancrazio 40mg TabletBy Cadomed Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 60.00₹ 60.00₹
- Panmerz 40mg Tablets 15'sBy Tms India15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 129.00₹ 129.00₹
- Nulcer 40mg TabletBy Coxswain Healthcare10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.00₹ 63.75₹
- H2 Check Tablets 10'sBy Goodman Pharmaceutical10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 60.00₹ 51.00₹
Uses of Pantonex 40 MG
Contraindications of Pantonex 40 MG
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or similar medicines or other ingredients of Pantonex Tablet.
- Do not consume the medicine if you are taking rilpivirine used in HIV treatment.
Side effects of Pantonex 40 MG
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Pantonex 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You may have liver problems.
- You are taking painkiller medicines.
- You have a personal or family history of stomach cancer.
- You are taking medicines used to treat HIV.
- You may have weak and brittle bones (osteoporosis).
- You may have low levels of vitamin B12. Pantonex Tablet reduces the absorption of vitamin B12 after a long term use ( longer than 3 years).
- You are on the medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop. The doctor may advise performing regular tests for the same.
- On exposure to the sun, you get rash on the skin, stop the treatment with Pantoprazole and inform the doctor as this may be a symptom of subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE).
- You are supposed to do a blood test (Chromogranin A). The medicine may alter the results.
Mode of Action of Pantonex 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Pantonex 40 MG
- Pantonex Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- The medicine must be taken 1 hour before food, on an empty stomach.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Pantonex 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Other medicines can affect the way Pantonex Tablet works or the medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially medicines for fungal infection, anti-HIV medicines, blood thinner medicines and medicines for cancer.
Storage and disposal of Pantonex 40 MG
- Store Pantonex Tablets at a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pantonex 40 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with the doctor before taking Pantonex Tablet?
Q: What is Pantonex Tablet used for?
Q: Can Pantonex Tablet be taken after food?
- Pansec tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- Pantoprazole 20 mg gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]
- How Are Ulcers Formed from Drinking Alcohol? [Internet]. American Addiction Centers. 2021 [cited 6 May 2022]