Palido Od 3mg Tablet
Palido Od 3 MG Description
Palido Od 3 mg Tablet is a prescription medicine that aids in the treatment of schizophrenia. Schizophrenia refers to a mental disorder wherein a person has hallucinations and is delusional that affe
cts normal life. Palido Od 3 mg Tablet has paliperidone as the active ingredient. Palido Od Tablet can have various side effects like dizziness, weakness, headache, weight gain, stomach pain, and lightheadedness. It can also increase blood sugar, hence it is important to keep a check on blood sugar levels if you have diabetes. Palido Od Tablet should be taken in the dodge recommended by the doctor and should be taken regularly. Do not stop taking Palido Od 3 mg Tablet without consulting the doctor. It can worsen the current situation. It is not recommended for those above the age of 65 years with dementia.
|You Save||₹8.87 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Drowsiness, Weakness, Headache, Weight gain, Stomach pain, Lightheadedness|
Uses of Palido Od 3 MG
- Palido Od 3 mg Tablet is used in,
- Treatment of schizophrenia
Contraindications of Palido Od 3 MG
- If you are allergic or hypersensitive to paliperidone or any of the inactive ingredients of Palido Od 3 mg Tablet.
Side effects of Palido Od 3 MG
- Weight gain
- Stomach pain
- Increased heartbeat
Precautions and Warnings of Palido Od 3 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a medical history of any visual, lung, liver, or kidney disorders.
- You have a history of any mental condition.
- You take other medications, vitamins or health supplements, even if the supplement is ayurvedic or herbal.
- You notice unusual changes in your psyche.
- Your job requires you to drive or operate machinery.
- You have symptoms of serotonin syndrome like diarrhoea, vomiting, sweating, shivering, and confusion.
- You experience symptoms like unusual movement, tremors, difficulty in swallowing, changes in mood or sleep pattern.
- You want to alter the dose or discontinue the use of the Palido Od 3 mg Tablet.
- You experience depression or have suicidal thoughts after taking the medicine.
- You have diabetes and notice a spike in blood sugar.
- You gain weight and have increased cholesterol levels after taking the medicine.
- You notice breast milk oozing even if you are not breastfeeding. Palido Od Tablet can affect a hormone called prolactin that can induce milk production in women.
- You have symptoms of NMS (neuroleptic malignant syndrome). This is a rare and serious side effect and has symptoms like muscle stiffness, tiredness, confusion, sweating, kidney issues, etc. Report to the doctor immediately if you notice any such symptoms....
- You conceive during the course of Palido Od 3 mg Tablet or are planning a pregnancy.
Mode of Action of Palido Od 3 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Palido Od 3 MG
- Palido Od 3 mg Tablet should be taken on a regular schedule in the dodge recommended by the doctor.
- It is important to inform the doctor about accurate medical history, any medical condition, and medicines you are currently taking.
- Palido Od 3 mg Tablet can be taken with or without food.
- Do not discontinue Palido Od 3 mg Tablet without consulting your doctor.
- Consume Palido Od 3 mg Tablet as a whole with some water. Do not break, crush, or chew it.
Interactions of Palido Od 3 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid side effects associated with drug interaction, it is important to inform the doctor about all medicines and supplements you are currently taking.
- Palido Od 3 mg can interact with-
- Erythromycin (antibiotic)- can affect the heart rhythm, specifically can prolong QT interval.
- Risperidone (antipsychotic medicine), alprazolam (antianxiety medicine)- can increase the severity of side effects.
- Thioridazine (antipsychotic medicine))- can increase the orthostatic hypotensive effect of the medicine. Orthostatic hypotensive action refers to sudden lowering of blood pressure when the person gets up from a lying down or sitting position. ...
- Cyclobenzaprine (muscle relaxant), diphenhydramine (anti-allergy medicine)- has the potential to increase the depressive effect on the nervous system.
- Tramadol (painkiller)- can increase the risk of serotonin syndrome, which is characterised by diarrhoea, vomiting, tremors, high temperature, and confusion.
- Paroxetine (antidepressant medicine)- can decrease the metabolism of Palido Od Tablets.
- Carbamazepine (antidepressant medicine)- can decrease the concentration of Palido Od Tablet in the body.
Interactions with food items
- Palido Od 3 mg Tablet is not known to interact with any particular food item. A regular diet can be continued unless advised otherwise by the doctor.
Storage and disposal of Palido Od 3 MG
Dosage of Palido Od 3 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Suneet Monga
BDS, MDS (Paediatric & Preventive Dentistry) MMCDSR
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am noticing a continuous increase in my weight since I am taking Palido Od 3 mg Tablet. Is it normal?
Q: Can I take sleeping pills with Palido Tablet?
Q: Do I need to take any special diet along with Palido Od Tablet?
- Paliperidone: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 6 March 2022]. Available from:
- Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 6 March 2022]. Available from:
- Invega 3 mg prolonged-release tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 6 March 2022]. Available from