Ozotel H Strip Of 10 Tablets
By OZONE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ozotel H Tablet is an antihypertensive medicine containing a combination of two medicines - Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide. It is used to treat high blood pressure when a single medicine has failed or is unable to control blood pressure. This medicine should be used under medical prescription and for the duration, it is prescribed. Avoid missing any dose or stop taking Ozotel H tablets without informing your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Ozotel H Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ozotel H Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure when one medicine alone is unable to control the blood pressure effectively.
Contraindications of Ozotel H Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Telmisartan or Hydrochlorothiazide or any of the ingredients of Ozotel H tablets.
- If you have a kidney problem.
- If you are a diabetic patient.
- If you are pregnant (especially during the 2nd and 3rd trimester).
- If you are suffering from a liver problem like (problems with the drainage of the bile from the liver and the gall bladder).
- If it is found low potassium levels and high calcium level in your blood reports.
- If you are taking medicine for lowering the blood pressure like aliskiren.
Side effects of Ozotel H Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Back, joint or muscle pain
- Flu-like symptoms - cough, runny nose
Precautions and Warnings of Ozotel H Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Ozotel H Tablet during pregnancy?
Ozotel H Tablet should be avoided during pregnancy as it can cause harm to the unborn baby. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Ozotel H Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not safe to breastfeed during the treatment with Ozotel H tablet. Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, your doctor may suggest another treatment for you if you want to breast-feed.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ozotel H Tablet?
You may feel dizzy or tired after taking the Ozotel H tablet. Hence please be cautious while driving or operate any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Ozotel H Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol during the treatment with Ozotel H tablet, as it can cause a drop in your blood pressure, dizziness or sometimes unconsciousness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant.
- You have liver or kidney problems.
- You are suffering from renal artery stenosis (a condition of narrowing of the blood vessels of either of the kidneys).
- You experience sudden blood or fluid losses within your body (Hypovolemia) that may cause headaches, fatigue, nausea, dizziness.
- You are suffering from Primary aldosteronism (a condition of excess production of the hormone aldosterone from the adrenal glands.
- You may experience sugar intolerance, your blood glucose level may drop.
- You may experience electrolyte imbalance with the symptoms of dryness of mouth, thirst, drowsiness, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, etc.
- You have galactose intolerance (mall intestine's inability to transport and absorb glucose and galactose).
- You are black (as this medicine is found less effective in lowering blood pressure in black patients than in non-blacks).
- You have any kind of heart condition like ischaemic cardiopathy (when your heart muscle is weakened as a result of heart disease).
- You are suffering from glaucoma (increased pressure inside the yes).
- You may develop Non-melanoma skin cancer (types of cancer that occur in the skin that are not melanoma).
- Ozotel H Tablet is not recommended for use in patients who are below 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Ozotel H Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Ozotel H Tablet works by the combined action of Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide.
- Telmisartan acts by relaxing the blood vessels and helps in lowering the blood pressure.
- Hydrochlorothiazide helps in increasing the urine output, hence helps in lowering the blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Ozotel H Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ozotel H tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ozotel H Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
- Medicines used to treat depression or other mental conditions like lithium, thioridazine, chlorpromazine.
- Medicines used to treat low blood potassium like water tablets (diuretics).
- Medicines used to soften the stool like (laxatives) like castor oil.
- Medicines used to treat allergies (corticosteroids) like prednisone, terfenadine.
- Medicines used to treat fungal infections like amphotericin.
- Medicines used to treat mouth ulcers like carbenoxolone.
- Medicines used to treat infections (antibiotics) like penicillin G sodium, sparfloxacin, pentamidine.
- Medicines used to increase the blood potassium level like potassium supplements (amiloride, spironolactone).
- Medicines used to prevent organ transplant rejection (immunosuppressants) like cyclosporin.
- Medicines used to stop blood clotting like heparin.
- Medicines used to treat heart conditions like quinidine, digoxin, sotalol.
- Medicines used to treat diabetes like metformin.
- Medicines used to lower blood fat levels like cholestyramine and colestipol.
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure like noradrenaline, aliskiren.
- Medicines used to relax the muscles' tubocurarine.
- Vitamin D and calcium supplements.
- Medicines used to treat GI cramps, urinary bladder spasm, asthma, (anticholinergic medicines) like atropine and biperiden.
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease like amantadine.
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (anti-inflammatory) like aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen.
- Medicines used to treat gout like probenecid.
Interactions with food items
You can take Ozotel H tablets with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Ozotel H Strip Of 10 Tablets
Store Ozotel H tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Ozotel H Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Excess of this medicine will lead to low blood pressure, irregular heartbeats and kidney failure.
- Symptoms of overdose are dizziness, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Ozotel H tablets, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Ozotel H tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Ozotel H tablet during pregnancy?
A: No, it is not safe to take Ozotel H tablets during preganncy and even if you are breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine.
Q: What is Ozotel H Tablet used for?
A: Ozotel H Tablet is effective in treating high blood pressure when a single medicine is unable in controlling your blood pressure.
Q: Can I stop taking Ozotel H tablet if I start feeling better and my symptoms are gone?
A: No, do not stop taking Ozotel H tablet suddenly, as it could worsen your condition of hypertension. Instead, you should consult your doctor and he/she may adjust your dose as per your needs.
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
A: Uncontrolled high blood pressure is known to cause some serious complications in several body parts. It may cause heart failure, kidney damage, bleeding in the brain and eyes.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved