By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
10g Nasal Spray in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Oxyspray Nasal Spray with its active ingredient oxymetazoline helps in relieving blocked nasal pathway caused due to various infections and allergies. It works by reducing the nasal secretions and nar
rowing the blood vessels in the nasal region. It is not to be used continuously for more than 7 days. Use of this medicine is not recommended in children below 12 years of age. Prolonged use of this medicine may lead to reoccurrence of nasal congestion (rebound congestion)....
Uses of Oxyspray 10gm
Oxyspray Nasal Spray provides quick relief from blocked nose caused due to infection to the nasal chambers, cold, and other respiratory allergies.
Contraindications of Oxyspray 10gm
- If you are allergic to the active ingredient oxymetazoline.
- If you are suffering from diabetes.
- If you have an overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism).
- If you have any disorder related to blood vessel or the heart.
- If you have an eye condition with a damaged optic nerve (glaucoma).
- If you have an enlarged prostate gland (in men).
Side effects of Oxyspray 10gm
- Mild burning and/or tingling sensation in nose
- Runny nose
- Dryness in throat and mouth
- Prolonged use may lead to recurrent congestion (redness, irritation and blocked nasal pathway)
- It is recommended to visit the doctor or nearest hospital if you experience the following symptoms; ongoing or the present condition that worsens, severe burning and/or stinging sensation in the nose,pain in the chest, irregular/fast heart rate, severe headache, breathlessness, confusion and anxiety...Read more
Precautions and Warnings of Oxyspray 10gm
Can I use Oxyspray Nasal Spray during pregnancy?
It is not advised to use Oxyspray Nasal Spray during pregnancy as its safety is not been proven. Use only on recommendation by your doctor. Avoid self-medication.
Can I take Oxyspray Nasal Spray while breastfeeding?
Use of this medicine during the breastfeeding phase as its safety is not yet established. Use only on recommendation by your doctor. Avoid self-medication.
Can I drive if I have used Oxyspray Nasal Spray?
This medicine does not interfere with your ability to drive or operate complex machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Oxyspray Nasal Spray?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and this medicine. But it is always better to avoid consuming alcohol when on medication.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to the active ingredient in the nasal drops.
- You are on medication to treat mood disorders (monoamine oxidase inhibitors), medicines used to treat throbbing headaches (ergot alkaloids), medicines used to relax the muscles in the lungs (beta-adrenergic bronchodilators)....Read more
- You experience congestion again (redness, irritation and blocked nasal pathway) as it can be a symptom of rebound congestion.
- You are suffering from diabetes, high blood pressure or heart disease.
- You are suffering from a condition of non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate gland (benign prostatic hyperplasia), as prolonged use of this medicine may lead to an increase in difficulty in urination....Read more
- You experience any discomfort like a burning sensation or irritation in the nose.
- Do not use it in children below 12 years of age.
- Do not use for more than 7 days.
- Keep away from eyes.
Mode of Action of Oxyspray 10gm
How Does It Work?
The active ingredient oxymetazoline works by reducing the nasal secretions and constricting or narrowing the blood vessels in the nasal region thereby relieving the congestion.
Directions for Use of Oxyspray 10gm
- Use these spray in dosage and duration as recommended by your doctors.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Clean your nose before use of the spray.
- Hold the bottle upright and insert the nozzle into the nostril, and close the other nostril. Keep your head in the upright position.
- Squeeze the spray pack hard in the centre of the bottle and inhale deeply. Take a deep breath. Repeat for the other nostril and replace the cap after use.
- Do not blow your nose for a few minutes after administering the spray.
- Avoid sharing the same bottle as it may spread infection.
- Wash your hands before and after application.
Interactions of Oxyspray 10gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use with medicines that are used for treating mood disorders (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) may lead to adverse effects. The use of nasal spray should be by individuals at least 14 days after completing the treatment....Read more
- Oxyspray Nasal Spray should not be co-administered with medicines used to treat throbbing headaches like a migraine (ergot alkaloids) as it may increase the risk of adverse events.
- Oxyspray Nasal Spray should be used with caution along with a class of medicine that are used to dilate the airways in the lungs by relaxing the muscles around it (beta-adrenergic bronchodilators) asit may increase the adverse reactions....Read more
Storage and disposal of Oxyspray 10gm
- Store at room temperature (10-30°C) in a cool and dry place.
- Keep the medicine out of reach from children and pets.
Dosage of Oxyspray 10gm
- If you think you have sprayed a higher dose of the medicine contact your doctor or nearest hospital immediately. Symptoms of overdose may include irritation and itching in the nasal area and reappearance of the congestion of the nasal airway region....Read more
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine then take it as soon as you remember. If it is already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will Oxyspray Nasal Spray help in relieving cough?
A: Oxyspray Nasal Spray is an nasal decongestant used for relieving blocked nose and nasal discomfort caused by colds, allergies, and fever. Please consult doctor before use.
Q: Can I administer Oxyspray Nasal Spray to my baby who is 2 years old?
A: Oxyspray Nasal Spray is not recommended to be used in children below 2 years of age .It is recommended that you consult your doctor for a child-friendly (paediatric formulation) for your child.
Q: Is Oxyspray Nasal Spray anti-allergic?
A: Although, Oxyspray Nasal Spray relieves blocked nose caused by cold and allergies it does so by reducing the nasal secretions and narrowing the blood vessels in the nasal area. It is a decongestant and not an anti-allergic.
Q: How long can I use Oxyspray Nasal Spray?
A: For the dose and duration of any medication, we highly recommend that you consult your doctor as every individual reacts in a unique way to any medicine depending on his/her medical condition and history. This medicine should not be used for more than 7 days continuously. Avoid self-medication.
Q: Does Oxyspray Nasal Spray cause high blood pressure?
A: There is no data that suggests Oxyspray Nasal Spray causes high blood pressure when used alone. If you are being treated by a monoamine oxidase inhibitor class of medicine or have taken it in the last 14 days there may be an increase in blood pressure. Thus, concomitant use of both medicines is to be avoided. Please consult your doctor before use of this medicine and if you are suffering from High blood pressure.
- DailyMed.Oxymetazoline HCL.[Accessed on 24-Mar-2021](online)
- GSK.Otrivin oxy fast relief nasal spray.[Accessed on 24-Mar-2021](online)
- EMA.SmPC.Almus Decongestant Nasal Spray.[Accessed on 24-Mar-2021](online)
- EMA.PIL.Almus Decongestant Nasal Spray.[Accessed on 24-Mar-2021](online)
- Drugs.com.Oxymetazoline nasal.[Accessed on 24-Mar-2021](online)
- CDSCO.Oxymetazoline hydrochloride.[Accessed on 24-Mar-2021](online)
- DrugBank.Oxymetazoline.[Accessed on 24-Mar-2021](online)
Last Updated on: 31 Mar 2021 | 05:47 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved