Ossifix Syrup 200ml
Ossifix Syrup 200ml Description
Ossifix Syrup contains a combination of calcium and vitamin D3 (also known as cholecalciferol/colecalciferol). It is used to treat vitamin D and calcium deficiency. It is used for conditions such as
steoporosis and helps in maintaining healthy bones and teeth. Take Ossifix Syrup as recommended by your doctor or pharmacist. Do not consume it in more quantity than suggested by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting Ossifix Syrup.
- Cipcal Syrup 150mlBy Cipla Gx150ml Syrup in BottleMRP 82.50₹ 70.12₹ 0.47/Ml
- Shelcal Syrup 200mlBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd200ml Syrup in BottleMRP 124.85₹ 106.12₹ 0.53/Ml
Ingredients and Benefits
- Ossifix Syrup contains calcium and vitamin D3 (also known as cholecalciferol/colecalciferol).
- Calcium: Calcium is one of the most profuse minerals in the body which is essential for critical metabolic functions. Most prominently, it is required for building and maintaining healthy bones and teeth. It plays a crucial role in nerve transmission, muscle function, cellular signalling and hormone secretion....
- Vitamin D3: Vitamin D3 plays a very crucial role in the absorption of calcium and phosphorous from the intestine, which is critical for the formation, growth and regeneration of bones. It supports healthy bones and teeth. It also plays a role in cell growth, neuromuscular and immune function and reduction of inflammation....
Uses of Ossifix Syrup 200ml
- Ossifix Syrup is used for the treatment of vitamin D and calcium deficiency.
- It is used for the treatment of osteoporosis or bone-related disorders.
- It is also used in special populations like the elderly, pregnant, breastfeeding who need vitamin D and calcium supplements.
Precautions and Warnings of Ossifix Syrup 200ml
Other General Warnings
- You should not take Ossifix Syrup if you are allergic to any of the components of this supplement.
- You are suffering from tissue calcification (deposit of calcium in body tissues).
- You are suffering from malabsorption or have high levels of cholesterol.
- You are taking any other product containing vitamin D or calcium.
- You have problems with your heart, kidney or liver.
- You have any existing medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, cancer or any other diseases.
- You are on other medications, supplements or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You have any planned surgery or operation. You may be asked to stop taking these products at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the procedure.
- Do not take Ossifix Syrup if you have a high level of calcium or vitamin D in the blood, a high level of calcium in the urine, kidney stones or are bedridden.
- Never take thyroid medicine and this tablet together.
- You should avoid consuming too much alcohol.
- You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Directions for Use of Ossifix Syrup 200ml
- Ossifix Syrup should be taken as advised by the doctor or pharmacist.
- Shake it well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Take it preferably after the evening meal.
- Do not consume it more than that recommended.
Storage and disposal of Ossifix Syrup 200ml
- Ossifix Syrup should be stored in a cool and dry place protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which food items are a good source of Vitamin D?
- Foods rich in Vitamin D are certain fatty fish such as salmon & tuna, fish & cod liver oil, cheese and egg yolk.
- Vitamin D is formed under our skin when we are exposed to the sun. Thus, sun exposure from 10 am to 3 pm at least twice a week for 10-30 minutes can help prevent vitamin D deficiency.
Q: What are the side effects of Ossifix Syrup?
Q: Why should one take Vitamin D?
- With the current lifestyle, we are all based indoors in air-conditioned offices, houses and cars, with hardly any exposure to the sun. This is leading to increased Vitamin D deficiency in all age groups and more fractures, muscle weakness. ...
- There is a lot of research happening suggesting that Vitamin D may have a role in preventing the onset of diabetes, cancers like colon, breast, help build immunity.
- Calci-D Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Calci-D Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Vitamin D - Fact Sheet for Health Professionals [Internet]. Nccih.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]