Orpenem 200mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Orpenem Tablet is an antibiotic medicine, used to treat various bacterial infections such as infections of the respiratory tract, urinary tract and skin infection. It contains faropenem as an active ingredient. It works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria which is an outer layer protecting bacteria. The absence of a cell wall will result in the death of the bacterial cells. Take Orpenem Tablet as prescribed by your doctor and complete the given course, as stopping the treatment in between will result in treatment failure and recurrence of infection. Before starting the treatment with this medicine, inform your doctor about all your past medical and medication history....
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Orpenem 200mg Tablet
Uses of Orpenem 200 MG
- Orpenem Tablet is used for the treatment of various bacterial infections like upper and lower respiratory infections.
- It is also used to treat urinary tract infection and skin infections.
Contraindications of Orpenem 200 MG
- If you are allergic to faropenem or any of the ingredients of Orpenem Tablet.
- If you are allergic to other antibiotics (beta-lactam) like Penicillin derivatives, Cephalosporins, Monobactams, Carbapenems.
Side effects of Orpenem 200 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Orpenem 200 MG
Can I take Orpenem Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of Orpenem Tablet in pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Orpenem Tablet while breastfeeding?
Faropenem passes into the breastmilk. So, if you are breastfeeding, your doctor will decide whether Orpenem Tablet has to be used or not.
Can I drive if I have consumed Orpenem Tablet?
Orpenem Tablet does not affect your ability to drive or to use machinery but, if you experience side effects like dizziness, then you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Orpenem Tablet?
There is no known interaction with alcohol along with Orpenem Tablet, but it is important to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy to any antibiotics like Penicillin, Cephem, or Carbapenem.
- You have an inherent tendency for allergic reactions (also known as atopy), or you have kidney problems.
- You are not able to take diet orally, or you develop a sign of malnutrition or any sign of vitamin K deficiency (easy bleeding), the doctor might need you to monitor closely.
- You experience a persistent diarrhoea, the doctor may discontinue the treatment.
Mode of Action of Orpenem 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Orpenem Tablet works by inhibiting bacterial cell wall synthesis which is essential for bacterial growth. Hence, it helps in killing the bacteria responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Orpenem 200 MG
Orpenem Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It is advisable to take the medicine at a fixed time for optimal results. You should not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Orpenem 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Orpenem Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals that you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Concomitant use of Imipenem and Cilastatin sodium along with Orpenem Tablet should be avoided....
- When it is used along with Sodium Valproate to treat fits/epilepsy, it can cause reoccurrence of fits or epilepsy. If used along with water pills like Furosemide, it can cause adverse effects on the kidney....
Storage and disposal of Orpenem 200 MG
- Store Orpenem Tablet below 25°C.
- Keep it in the original container, out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Orpenem 200 MG
If you think you have taken too much of Orpenem Tablet and you experience any adverse effects, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Orpenem Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Orpenem Tablet?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course with Orpenem Tablet, then it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of immediate treatment.
Q: Is Orpenem Tablet a better antibiotic than others?
A: Orpenem Tablet belongs to the 'penem' class of antibiotics which is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections that are not responding to other regularly used antibiotics (multi-drug resistant infections). The advantage of Orpenem Tablet is that it is available in tablet form and can be conveniently taken, compared to imipenem or meropenem, the other 'penems' which are needed to be taken as injections.
Q: What are the side effects of Orpenem Tablet?
A: Sometimes individuals might experience mild side effects like diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain etc. If you feel any of such symptoms persistently immediately talk to a doctor.
Q: What does Orpenem contain?
A: Orpenem contains faropenem, which belongs to the class of antibiotic medicine.
Q: Is Orpenem a steroid?
A: No, Orpenem Tablet is not a steroid. It is an antibiotic medicine used to treat various bacterial infections.
Q: Is Orpenem an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Orpenem Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of various bacterial infections like upper and lower respiratory infections and infections of the skin and urinary tract.
Q: What is the side effects of Orpenem?
A: The common side effects of Orpenem Tablets include Diarrhoea Nausea, Vomiting, Stomach pain etc. If side effects persist and does not go away on its own consult with your doctor.
- Faropenem: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | MIMS Malaysia [Internet]. Mims.com. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- FAROBACT 200 Tablets (Faropenem) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- FENOQRYL® (Faropenem sodium) 200mg ,Tablets - TAJ PHARMA INDIA [Internet]. TAJ PHARMA INDIA. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Faropenem [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.