Oratil 750mg Inj
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
1 Injection(s) in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Oratil Injection is an antibiotic medicine. It contains cefuroxime as its active ingredient. Oratil Injection is used for the treatment of bacterial infection of lungs, airways, tonsils, throat, sinus, ears, urinary tract, skin and soft tissues. It is also used for preventing the spread of infection during and after surgery. It works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which ultimately causes the death of bacteria. This injection will be given to you by a healthcare professional in a hospital or clinic, please follow any aftercare instructions given by your doctor. The most common side effects associated with this injection are pain and swelling at the site of injection, rashes, feeling feverish, diarrhoea and nausea. However, not everyone gets them, contact your doctor if the side effects do not subside....
Uses of Oratil 750 MG
- For the treatment of bacterial infection of lungs, airways, throat, tonsils, sinus, ears, skin, soft tissues and urinary tract, etc.
- This injection is also used to prevent infections during and after surgery.
Contraindications of Oratil 750 MG
- If you are allergic to cefuroxime or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of allergic reaction due to antibiotics.
Side effects of Oratil 750 MG
- Injection site reactions
- Abnormal blood count
- Raised liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Oratil 750 MG
Can I take Oratil Injection during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the safety of this medicine during pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think maybe pregnant before taking this injection.
Can I take Oratil Injection while breastfeeding?
Components of this injection pass into the breastmilk in small quantities and may cause diarrhoea and fungal infections in the breastfed baby. Discontinue breastfeeding if you observe any of the symptoms in the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have taken Oratil Injection?
Be cautious while driving if you experience dizziness and drowsiness after taking this injection.
Can I consume alcohol after taking Oratil Injection?
There is no known interaction known between alcohol and this injection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience continuous diarrhoea after taking this injection, while you are being given the cefuroxime Injection. Immediately stop taking it and seek medical help.
- You experience allergic reactions such as difficulty in breathing, rashes, swelling of the face or mouth after taking this medicine.
- You have a kidney-related disease, your doctor may have to change the dose of this injection.
Mode of Action of Oratil 750 MG
How Does It Work?
Oratil Injection works by inhibiting the formation of the bacterial cell wall that leads to the death of infection-causing bacteria.
Directions for Use of Oratil 750 MG
- Oratil Injection will be given to you in the hospital or healthcare set up by your doctor or nurse.
- Do not self-inject and follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor or nurse.
Interactions of Oratil 750 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interact with the action of Oratil or Oratil itself can alter the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, herbals or supplements you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for acidity, oral contraceptives, anti-gout medicines and blood thinners such as warfarin.
Storage and disposal of Oratil 750 MG
- Store it protected from light at a temperature not exceeding 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused portion properly.
Dosage of Oratil 750 MG
This medicine will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, you are less likely to get an overdose of this injection. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection, seek medical help. An overdose of this medicine may cause damage to the brain and one may also experience fits....
Missed a Dose
You are less likely to miss a dose of this injection since it is to be given under medical supervision. However, if your think that your doctor has missed a dose, remind them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take this injection if I am allergic to similar antibiotics?
A: No, do not take this injection if you have experienced allergies due to the use of other antibiotics. Always inform your doctor about any medicine-related allergies.
Q: Is Oratil Injection an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Oratil Injection is an antibiotic medicine containing cefuroxime as its active ingredient.
Q: What are the side effects of Oratil Injection?
A: The common side effects of this injection are swelling, pain and bruising at the site of injection and rashes. You may also feel feverish and experience diarrhoea after taking this injection. These are temporary but if side effects persist or there is no improvement in your condition, inform your doctor immediately.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.