Opox Cv 200mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Opox Cv 200mg Strip Of 6 Tablets Description
Opox Cv Tablet is an antibiotic containing a combination of cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid that belongs to the 'Cephalosporin' and 'Beta-Lactamase' class of medicine respectively. Opox Cv Tablet is
used to treat bacterial infections of the throat/neck, lungs, ear, urinary tract and skin caused by various bacterial organisms. Cefpodoxime and Clavulanic acid in Opox Cv Tablet work in a synergistic manner to produce optimal effects by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration. Do not stop taking this medicine, even if you start feeling better, as it may result in treatment failure and other consequences. The common side effects of Opox Cv Tablet are diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and gas. If you feel the side effects persist or the condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Opox Cv 200mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Contraindications of Opox Cv 200mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- If you have an allergy to cefpodoxime, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Opox Cv Tablet.
- If you are allergic to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics. If you have an infection that is caused by the bacteria clostridium difficile....
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you are suffering from fits.
Side effects of Opox Cv 200mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Opox Cv 200mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- There is limited data available about the effect of Opox Cv Tablet during pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to take this medicine, unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or you are planning to have a baby.
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergic reactions to antibiotics.
- You are suffering from persistent diarrhoea when on this medicine or even after discontinuing this medicine.
- You are an alcoholic.
Mode of Action of Opox Cv 200mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Cefpodoxime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy cefpodoxime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps cefpodoxime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Opox Cv 200mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Interactions of Opox Cv 200mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Opox Cv Tablet contains Cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Concomitant use of acid-lowering drugs like antacids, ranitidine, cimetidine with Opox Cv Tablet decrease the effect of this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Probenecid with Opox Cv Tablet increases the effect of this medicine.
- When medicines known to cause harm to the kidney such as amphotericin-B, vancomycin, amikacin are administered along with Opox Cv Tablet may increase the risk of kidney disease.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are currently taking to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Opox Cv 200mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- Store Opox Cv Tablet at or below 25°in a cool and dry place.
- Please keep it in the original packaging in order to protect it from light.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Opox Cv 200mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
- An overdose of Opox Cv Tablet may cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea; and if have kidney problems and you take more of this medicine, brain diseases (encephalopathy) may occur.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in the failure of therapy.
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.