Olsertain 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Olsertain 20 MG Description
Olsertain Tablet contains olmesartan medoxomil, an anti-hypertensive. It is used to treat high blood pressure. It should be taken as directed by your doctor. Take it in the dose and duration as presc
ibed. It may be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Avoid taking Olsertain if you are allergic to it, are over 3-months pregnant, have any kidney diseases or are diabetic. Before starting this medicine, it is mandatory to inform your doctor about your past medical history and medicines that you take.
Uses of Olsertain 20 MG
Contraindications of Olsertain 20 MG
- If you are allergic to Olmesartan medoxomil or any other ingredients of Olsertain Tablet
- If you are pregnant for over 3-months
- If you are suffering from jaundice
- If you have diabetes
- If you have problems with your gallbladder
- If you have any kidney disease
- If you are using any medicine containing aliskiren
Side effects of Olsertain 20 MG
- Stomach pain
- Body pain, chest pain
- Flu-like symptoms
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Blood in the urine
Precautions and Warnings of Olsertain 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from any heart diseases
- You have problems with your kidney or liver
- You have diarrhoea, vomiting
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide)
- You are on a low-salt diet
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels
- You have problems with your adrenal glands
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like Ramipril, Lisinopril, Aliskiren, etc
- Olsertain Tablet is not recommended for children below the age of 6 years
Mode of Action of Olsertain 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Olsertain 20 MG
Interactions of Olsertain 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Before starting Olsertain Tablet, inform your doctor about all the medicines you take, including herbal, vitamins & mineral supplements.
- This medicine, when taken with other antihypertensive medications like benazepril, captopril, lisinopril, may alter its effects.
- Concomitant use along with medicine used in heart diseases and high blood pressure like perindopril, candesartan, aliskiren may increase the risk of side effects with Olsertain.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with potassium supplements, medications like amiloride, spironolactone is not recommended, as it may lead to increased potassium levels in the blood.
- Medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, etc may lead to kidney failure when taken together with this medicine.
- Lithium should not be taken simultaneously with this medicine.
- This medicine should be taken at least 4 hours before Colesevelam (used to reduce cholesterol and fatty substances in the blood).
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Olsertain 20 MG
Dosage of Olsertain 20 MG
- Overdose of this medicine may lead to low blood pressure (symptoms include dizziness, nausea, unconsciousness, blurred vision, etc). Seek urgent medical help if you experience any such symptom or feel that you have taken too much of Olsertain Tablet....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Olsertain used for?
Q: What lifestyle changes should I make to control high blood pressure?
- You should plan your diet, consume a balanced diet which has proteins, whole grain fibrous fruits and vegetables
- Limit carbohydrate, salt and sugar intake
- Exercise regularly and reduce weight
- Avoid smoking or drinking
- Consult your doctor before starting any diet or food habits
Q: What does Olsertain Tablet contain?
Q: Should Olsertain Tablet be taken with or without food?
Q: How does Olsertain work?
Q: Is Olsertain a blood thinner?
Q: What are the side effects of Olsertain?
- Olmesartan Tablets- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- Olmesartan Tablets- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 May 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- Olsertain 40 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Olsertain H 40 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Olsertain Am Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Olsertain H 20 Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Olsertain Ct 40 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Olsertain Am Activ Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Olsertain H 20 Mg Activ Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Olsertain H 20 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Olsertain 40 Tablet 30 Nos