Olsavas M 50mg Tablet
By ORCHID CHEMICALS & PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Olsavas M 50mg Tablet Description
Olsavas M Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure. It is a combination medicine containing metoprolol and olmesartan. As it controls your blood pressure within normal limits, it also r
educes the risk of blood complications like a heart attack and stroke in future. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Olsavas M Tablet.
|Contains||Metoprolol(50.0 Mg) + Olmesartan Medoxomil(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Low blood pressure, nausea, vomting, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Metoprolol(50.0 Mg) + Olmesartan Medoxomil(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Olsavas M 50mg Tablet
Olsavas M Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure
Contraindications of Olsavas M 50mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to olmesartan, metoprolol or any other ingredients of Olsavas M Tablet
- If you suffer from heart problems like heart block, heart failure, shock, sick sinus syndrome, slow heartbeats, low blood pressure.
- If you have any kidney disease or diabetes and are being treated with a medicine containing aliskiren (for low blood pressure)
- If you are suffering from jaundice
- If you are pregnant (more than 3-months)
Side effects of Olsavas M 50mg Tablet
- Flu-like symptoms
- Low blood pressure
- Slow heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Olsavas M 50mg Tablet
Can I take Olsavas M Tablet during pregnancy?
Olsavas M Tablet should not be used during pregnancy. Consult your doctor before starting this medicine, if you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby
Can I take Olsavas M Tablet while breastfeeding?
Component of Olsavas M Tablet, thus consult your doctor before taking this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Olsavas M Tablet?
You should avoid driving if you feel dizzy after taking Olsavas M Tablet.
Can I consume alcohol with Olsavas M Tablet?
You must not consume alcohol with Olsavas M Tablet as it may worsen your condition.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from any heart diseases
- You have problems with your liver, kidneys, lungs
- You have diabetes or thyroid problems
- You are suffering from a condition – Pheochromocytoma
- You are going to undergo any major surgery
- You have a history of allergic reactions.
- You have severe diarrhoea, vomiting
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide)
- You are on a low-salt diet
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels
- You have problems with your adrenal glands
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like Ramipril, Lisinopril, Aliskiren, etc
Mode of Action of Olsavas M 50mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Olsavas M Tablet works by the combined action of both the components - olmesartan & metoprolol
- Olmesartan works by blocking a substance (angiotensin) in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, thus relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily.
- Metoprolol works by blocking certain chemicals in the body that affect the heart and blood vessels, thus reducing the blood pressure, heart rate and makes it easier for your heart to pump blood around your body....
Directions for Use of Olsavas M 50mg Tablet
- Olsavas M Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Never change the dose or stop this medicine on your own
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Olsavas M 50mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Olsavas M Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking other medicines to treat your blood pressure problems, heart problems, etc.
- Concomitant use along with medicine used in heart diseases and high blood pressure like perindopril, candesartan, aliskiren may increase the risk of side effects with this medicine.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with potassium supplements, medications like amiloride, spironolactone is not recommended, as it may lead to increased potassium levels in the blood.
- Medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, etc may lead to kidney failure when taken together with this medicine.
- Lithium should not be taken simultaneously with this medicine.
- This medicine should be taken at least 4 hours before Colesevelam (used to reduce cholesterol and fatty substances in the blood).
Storage and disposal of Olsavas M 50mg Tablet
- Olsavas M Tablets should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture & heat.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Olsavas M 50mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose may include low blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, slow heartbeats, heart failure, shock, loss of consciousness. In case of an overdose with Olsavas M Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- Missing a dose of anti-hypertensives may lead to high blood pressure and other heart-related complications.
- If you miss any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this tablet to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Olsavas M Tablet used for?
A: Olsavas M Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure
Q: What does Olsavas M Tablet contain?
A: Olsavas M Tablet is an antihypertensive medicine containing olmesartan medoxomil & metoprolol as its active ingredient.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- METOCARD XL 50 [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Olmesartan Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Olmesartan Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed