Okwel 500mg Injection
Okwel 500 MG Description
Okwel Injection contains hydroxyprogesterone as its active ingredient. It is used to reduce the risk of premature birth in a female who previously has delivered a premature baby. Okwel Injection will
be given to you under the skin as an Injection in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse.
|You Save||₹27.75 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Pain, swelling, itching at the injection site, fever, headache, dizziness|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PREMATURE LABOUR PREVENTION|
Uses of Okwel 500 MG
Contraindications of Okwel 500 MG
- If you are allergic to hydroxyprogesterone or any other ingredients of Okwel Injection.
- If you had or have problems with your liver like liver cancer, etc.
- If you have breast cancer or any other hormone cancer.
- If you have undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- If you have or had a history of blood clot disorders.
- If you have jaundice in pregnancy.
- If you have high blood pressure that is not controlled.
Side effects of Okwel 500 MG
- Skin rash
- Pain, swelling, itching at the Injection site
Precautions and Warnings of Okwel 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You had or have a blood disorder.
- You have problems with your heart or kidney.
- You have diabetes or pre-diabetes.
- You are pregnant and suffer from asthma, fits, migraine, high blood pressure.
- You have had a history of depression.
- You may develop jaundice or high blood pressure.
- You develop any allergic reactions like rash, swelling, itching.
- You are a smoker.
- Okwel Injection should not be used to prevent premature birth in women who are pregnant with more than one baby (like twins, triplets). It should also not be used to stop active premature labour.
Mode of Action of Okwel 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Okwel 500 MG
- Okwel Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an Injection. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow the instructions suggested by your doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Okwel 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Okwel Injection may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Medicines like cimetidine, ciprofloxacin, halothane, nicotine, bupropion, ketamine should be used with caution as they may alter the effects of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Okwel 500 MG
- Store it below 25°C in the original container to protect it from light.
- Keep it away from children and pets. Do not freeze.