Oframax Forte 1.5gm Inj
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
1.5g Powder For Injection in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Oframax Forte Powder For Injection contains a combination of Ceftriaxone and Sulbactam, a higher antibiotic. Oframax Forte Powder For Injection is used to treat various types of bacterial infection. I
t inhibits the formation of cell walls and kills the various susceptible bacterial organisms. This Powder For Injection will be given under medical supervision only. The common side effects of Oframax Forte Powder For Injection are pain at injection site, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and gas. If you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately....
Uses of Oframax Forte 1.5gm Inj
Oframax Forte Powder For Injection is used for severe and serious infections like urinary tract, respiratory tract (lungs, airways), blood, brain and infections caused by bacteria that do not respond
to other antibiotics....
Contraindications of Oframax Forte 1.5gm Inj
- If you are allergic to Ceftriaxone, Sulbactam or any of the ingredient of Oframax Forte Powder For Injection.
- If you are allergic to Cephalosporins, Penicillins, Monobactams and Carbapenems.
- If the patient is a premature baby.
- If a newborn has jaundice or is on calcium injection.
- If a newborn is suffering from increased bilirubin (liver enzyme) in the blood.
Side effects of Oframax Forte 1.5gm Inj
- Loose stools
- Rash and severe skin allergies
- Itching and pain at the injection site
- Increased liver enzymes
- Increased creatinine levels in the blood
Precautions and Warnings of Oframax Forte 1.5gm Inj
Can I take Oframax Forte Powder For Injection during pregnancy?
There is limited information available about the safety of Oframax Forte Powder For Injection during pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the need.
Can I take Oframax Forte Powder For Injection while breastfeeding?
- The components of Oframax Forte Powder For Injection pass into breast milk, inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding, your doctor will tell you on the use of this medicine after assessing the needand benefit....Read more
- Monitor your baby for antibiotic-related side effects like diarrhoea or fungal infection of the mouth.
Can I drive if I have consumed Oframax Forte Powder For Injection?
You may feel dizzy after taking Oframax Forte Powder For Injection. Therefore, be cautious or avoid driving after taking this injection.
Can I consume alcohol with Oframax Forte Powder For Injection?
Alcohol may worsen the side effect like dizziness when consumed with Oframax Forte Powder For Injection. It is advisable to avoid alcohol after getting injected.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergy after taking this antibiotic.
- You have developed diarrhoea after taking this medicine, immediately stop this medicine and inform your doctor.
- You have serious liver and kidney disease.
- You are suffering from gall bladder disease.
- You are suffering from anaemia.
- You are suffering from the disease bowel inflammation (Colitis).
Mode of Action of Oframax Forte 1.5gm Inj
How Does It Work?
- Oframax Forte Powder For Injection acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections.
- However, bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Ceftriaxone.
- Sulbactam inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Ceftriaxone to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Oframax Forte 1.5gm Inj
Oframax Forte Powder For Injection will be given in a hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self inject this medicine.
Interactions of Oframax Forte 1.5gm Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- There is no information available on the interaction of this combination with other drugs. However, as this medicine contains Sulbactam & Ceftriaxone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....Read more
- Oframax Forte Powder For Injection should never be given along with Ringer's or Hartmann's solution.
- If you are taking warfarin, then there is an increased risk of bleeding.
- This injection should never be given through the IV line through which calcium-containing solutions are given.
Storage and disposal of Oframax Forte 1.5gm Inj
- Store Oframax Forte Powder For Injection below 25°C.
- Protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Any unused portion should not be stored and should be discarded properly.
Dosage of Oframax Forte 1.5gm Inj
Your doctor or nurse will give this injection. Therefore it is less likely you shall receive more of this medicine. However, if you experience any side effects after taking this injection, inform your
doctor as soon as possible....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a
dose, inform them....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take before taking Oframax Forte Powder For Injection?
A: You need to inform your doctor if you have any allergy to any other antibiotic or specific allergen.
Q: For how long do I need to take Oframax Forte Powder For Injection?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed duration of antibiotics by your doctor. Otherwise, there is a possibility of reoccurrence of the infection.
Q: How to give Oframax Forte Powder For Injection?
A: Oframax Forte Powder For Injection is usually given intravenously or intramuscularly under medical supervision. This medicine will only be by nurse or doctor. The route of administration is usually being decided by your doctor. Do not self-inject.
Last Updated on: 31 Mar 2021 | 11:55 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved