Obrin F Eye Drops 5ml
Obrin F Eye Drops 5ml Description
Obrin F Eye Drop is a sterile preparation containing a combination of an antibiotic and a steroid. It is a multidose ophthalmic solution consisting of Tobramycin, Fluorometholone as the active ingred
ients. It is used to treat inflammatory eye conditions, which are responsive mainly to the steroid with superficial bacterial infection. It reduces the redness, swelling and inflammation of the eye. Obrin F Eye Drop should be used externally only. It should not be used for children below 2 years of age. Avoid the use of contact lenses. Avoid touching the dropper with your eye. You may experience eye irritation, burning sensation, increased lacrimation, swelling of the eyelid. If these symptoms worsen and do not resolve, consult with your doctor.
|Contains||Tobramycin(3.0 Mg) + Fluorometholone(1.0 Mg)|
|Therapy||OCCULAR ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Uses of Obrin F Eye Drops 5ml
Contraindications of Obrin F Eye Drops 5ml
- If you are allergic to Tobramycin, Fluorometholone or any other component of Obrin F Eye Drop.
- If you have a viral infection of the eye including herpes simplex.
- If you have an untreated bacterial or fungal infection of the eye.
Side effects of Obrin F Eye Drops 5ml
- Increased intraocular pressure
- Eye pain
- Eye burning or discomfort
- Itching and swelling of the eyelid
- Eye discharge or increases lacrimation
Precautions and Warnings of Obrin F Eye Drops 5ml
Other General Warnings
- You had developed a cataract after prolonged use of eye drops containing steroids.
- You had an allergic reaction with similar medicine.
- You have any other viral or fungal infection.
- You experience any other effect after using Obrin F Eye Drop.
- You experience any infection after using Obrin F Eye Drop.
- You are having any other medical condition and on other medicines.
- Obrin F Eye Drop should not be used for injection or oral use.
- Avoid wearing contact lenses when using these eye drops.
- Obrin F Eye Drop should not be used for children below 2 years of age.
- Do not pierce or open Obrin F Eye Drop with needle, knife or scissor.
Mode of Action of Obrin F Eye Drops 5ml
How Does It Work?
- During inflammation or infection of the skin, the body releases some chemical substances which make the skin red, itchy and swollen.
- Fluorometholone is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Tobramycin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infection of the skin. It works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Collectively these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Directions for Use of Obrin F Eye Drops 5ml
- Use Obrin F Eye Drop as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Obrin F Eye Drops 5ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Be cautious if you are using a topical painkiller such as diclofenac along with Obrin F Eye Drop may delay the eye healing process.
- Since Obrin F Eye Drop is to be used externally it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Obrin F Eye Drops 5ml
- Store at a temperature not exceeding 25°C in a cool dry place. Do not freeze.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard the solution if it changes color, turns cloudy or if contains particles.
Dosage of Obrin F Eye Drops 5ml
- As Obrin F Eye Drop is meant for external application cases of overdose is unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- Excess of Obrin F Eye Drop may cause red, watery eyes and vision may also decrease, swelling of the eyelid.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long can I use Obrin F Eye Drop?
Q: Will Obrin F Eye Drop cause blurry vision?
- Allergan. PIL. FML-T eyedrops. [Internet]. Allergan.com. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- FML eye drops - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Tobramycin eye drops - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Tobramycin.Fluorometholone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]