Nupod Cv Dt 100mg Tab
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nupod Cv Dt Tablet is an antibiotic that is used to treat infection of the urinary tract, lungs, airways, sinus, throat and windpipe. It is a combination medicine containing cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid as its active ingredients. It acts by the combined action of its two components. Cefpodoxime inhibits the growth of bacteria by interfering with the cell wall and clavulanic acid helps in maintaining the optimal levels of Cefpodoxime. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Complete the course of antibiotics and do not miss any dose or stop taking this medicine on your own. Before using Nupod Cv Dt Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹23.85 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Cefpodoxime(100.0 Mg),Clavulanic Acid(62.5 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefpodoxime(100.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(62.5 Mg)
3 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Nupod Cv Dt 100mg Tab
Uses of Nupod Cv Dt 100mg Tab
Nupod Cv Dt Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the skin, ear, respiratory tract, urinary tract, lungs, throat and tonsil, sexually transmitted diseases.
Contraindications of Nupod Cv Dt 100mg Tab
- If you have an allergy to this medicine or any of the ingredients of Nupod Cv Dt Tablet.
- If you have an infection that is caused by the bacteria Clostridium difficile.
- If you are allergic to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you are suffering from fits.
Side effects of Nupod Cv Dt 100mg Tab
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Nupod Cv Dt 100mg Tab
Can I take Nupod Cv Dt Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Nupod Cv Dt Tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Nupod Cv Dt Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Nupod Cv Dt Tablet are secreted in breast milk in low amounts. Thus, your doctor will decide of either discontinuing the medicine or the breastfeeding after assessing the potential risk on breastfeeding infant over risk of delayed treatment on breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nupod Cv Dt Tablet?
It is advisable not to drive or use machines when you have taken Nupod Cv Dt Tablet as it may cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Nupod Cv Dt Tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Nupod Cv Dt Tablet as it can cause facial flushing, nausea, vomiting or a more severe reaction.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions to any antibiotic medicine.
- You are suffering from persistent diarrhoea when on Nupod Cv Dt Tablet or even after discontinuing this medicine.
- You regularly consume alcohol in excess.
Mode of Action of Nupod Cv Dt 100mg Tab
How Does It Work?
- Nupod Cv Dt Tablet works by the combined action of both its components: cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid
- Cefpodoxime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Cefpodoxime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Cefpodoxime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Nupod Cv Dt 100mg Tab
Nupod Cv Dt Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken after your meals to avoid stomach discomforts. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Nupod Cv Dt 100mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Nupod Cv Dt Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Medicines used to treat gout-like probenecid as they may alter the way your kidney functions.
- If you are taking other medicines like Cyclosporine, Cisplatin, Indomethacin, inform your doctor as your kidney functions need to be monitored more closely.
Interactions with food items
Nupod Cv Dt Tablet should be taken after food to avoid any stomach discomforts.
Storage and disposal of Nupod Cv Dt 100mg Tab
- Store Nupod Cv Dt Tablet in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it in original packaging to protect it from light.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Nupod Cv Dt 100mg Tab
- Symptoms of an overdose include nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
- If you are suffering from kidney problems and you take more of this medicine, brain diseases may occur.
- Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital if you think you have taken too much of Nupod Cv Dt Tablet.
Missed a Dose
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in the failure of therapy.
- If you have missed taking any dose of Nupod Cv Dt Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long should I take Nupod Cv Dt Tablet?
A: You need to complete the full course of medicine, as per your doctor's prescribed duration. If you stop taking Nupod Cv Dt Tablet before completing the treatment, there may be chances that the infection may reoccur.
Q: Can I take Nupod Cv Dt Tablet for flu?
A: Flu is a common cold that is generally caused by viruses. Nupod Cv Dt Tablet only works against bacteria and not viruses. Do not self-medicate, as this antibiotic is for severe infections. Seek medical help and follow your doctor's advice.
Q: Can we consume alcohol with Nupod Cv Dt Tablet?
- You should avoid consuming alcohol along with this medicine as alcohol and Nupod Cv Dt Tablet have similar side effects.
- The concomitant use can further increase the side effects.
- Alcohol slows down body's functions and can reduce energy levels which can delay the recovery from illness.
- Bros enterprise. TAB.C-POX-CL. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- Cefoprox CV Tablets / Suspension (Cefpodoxime proxetil + Clavulanate potassium) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- Doxporin CV Tablets-Anhydrous Cefpodxime [Internet]. Bionova.co.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cefpodoxime/Clavulanic acid [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
NUPOD CV DT
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.