Nulong Trio 20mg Tablet
Nulong Trio 20mg Tablet Description
Nulong Trio Tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains a combination of three active ingredients- olmesartan, cilnidipine and chlorthalidone. H
gh blood pressure is one of the critical health condition that, if not treated, it may affect organs like the brain, kidneys, etc. Taking this medicine regularly as prescribed by your doctor along with other lifestyle modifications can help you control your blood pressure. It is recommended to limit alcohol consumption and avoid smoking.
|You Save||₹23.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Olmesartan Medoxomil(20.0 Mg) + Cilnidipine(10.0 Mg) + Chlorthalidone / Chlortalidone(12.5 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, dizzines,nausea, stomach pain, diarrhea, indigestion|
Uses of Nulong Trio 20mg Tablet
- Nulong Trio Tablet is used of the treatment of high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Nulong Trio 20mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to any ingredients present in Nulong Trio Tablet.
- If you are pregnant for more than 3 months.
- If you have any pre-existing health condition such as liver or kidney problem, heart-related disorder, gout,
- If you have diabetes or kidney-related disorders and taking aliskiren to treat high blood pressure.
- If you suffer from severe low blood pressure or experienced shock recently.
- As it is a combination of 3 different components, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination.
Side effects of Nulong Trio 20mg Tablet
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Nulong Trio 20mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have an underlying medical conditions such very low blood pressure, heart disorder, liver or kidney problem, diabetes, problems with your adrenal glands etc.
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking Nulong Trio Tablet.
- You are on a low-salt diet.
- You have severe diarrhea or/and vomiting.
- You are on treatment with high doses of water pills (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide).
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels.
- This Tablet is not recommended for use in children.
- You are in elderly category of people that is 65 years old.
- You are pregnant, think you may be or are planning to have a baby.
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like ramipril, lisinopril, aliskiren etc.
Mode of Action of Nulong Trio 20mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Olmesartan and cilnidipine works by blocking a natural enzyme Angiotensin II in the body, that causes the blood vessels to tighten. Thus helps in relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily....
- Chlorthalidone works by controlling the blood pressure by removing the excess water from the body. Thereby, increase in the urine is the outcome.
Directions for Use of Nulong Trio 20mg Tablet
- Nulong Trio Tablet should be taken as directed by the physician.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break, crush or chew the medicine. It is recommended to take it regularly and at a fixed time.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Nulong Trio 20mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines may affect the way Nulong Trio Tablet works or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are currently taking or might take to avoid any interaction with this combination of medicine.
- Especially if you are taking potassium supplements, water pills, blood thinning medications like heparin, medicines used to relieve pain, swelling and inflammation like ibuprofen, aceclofenac, medicines for lowering the cholesterol, anti-epileptic medicines, other blood pressure medicines, certain antacids....
- Concomitant use of Nulong Trio Tablet along with brain-related disorder like lithium is not recommended.
Interactions with food items
- It is recommended to avoid foods rich in potassium like spinach, broccoli, banana, potatoes, etc.
Storage and disposal of Nulong Trio 20mg Tablet
- Store Nulong Trio Tablet in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Nulong Trio 20mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How and when to take Nulong Trio Tablet?
Q: What could be the life style modifications I have to do while I am on the treatment with Nulong Trio Tablet?
- It is recommended to have a low fat and low salt diet.
- Perform regular and mild exercises
- Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking.
Q: Can I stop taking Nulong Trio Tablet after blood pressure comes to normal?
- Cilnikem OM [Internet]. Alkemlabs.com. 2022 [cited 25 July 2022]
- Cilnikem CT 6.25 [Internet]. Alkemlabs.com. 2022 [cited 25 July 2022]
- CENTAPRES-Centaurpharma.com. 2022 [cited 25 July 2022]
- Olmesartan medoxomil 10 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 July 2022]
- Olmesartan medoxomil 10 mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 July 2022]