Nucoxia 90mg Tab 15's
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nucoxia 90 Tablet is an anti-inflammatory medicine that is indicated for the treatment of pain, swelling & inflammatory conditions due to arthritis. It contains Etoricoxib as its active component that belongs to the class of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID's). This medicine works by reducing the formation of prostaglandins, a chemical responsible for pain and inflammation in the body. It is also used for the short-term treatment of pain associated with other conditions. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to Etoricoxib. The common side effects related to the Nucoxia 90 Tablet are stomach pain, dizziness, indigestion, diarrhoea and constipation. These side effects are usually mild and not everyone gets them. In case it does not subside after a few days, consult your doctor.
Uses of Nucoxia 90mg Tab 15'S
- Nucoxia 90 Tablet is used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, pain relief in gout, ankylosing spondylitis (swelling and pain in the spine).
- It is also used for short-term treatment of moderate pain associated with dental surgery.
Contraindications of Nucoxia 90mg Tab 15'S
- If you are allergic to Etoricoxib or any other ingredient of Nucoxia 90 Tablet.
- If you are below 16 years of age.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- If you have severe liver or kidney disease.
- If you are suffering from uncontrolled high blood pressure.
- If you are suffering from stomach ulcers, bleeding from intestine or inflammatory bowel disease.
- If you are suffering from congestive heart failure or heart diseases like ischaemic heart disease (condition when the heart is not getting enough blood and oxygen), peripheral arterial disease (a circulatory problem in which narrowed arteries reduce blood flow to your limbs), or cerebrovascular disease (disorders that affect the blood vessels and blood supply to the brain).read less
- If you are taking Acetylsalicylic Acid (Aspirin) or NSAID including COX-2 inhibitors and are suffering from constriction of muscles in bronchioles, congestion or nasal discharge, nasal polyps (painless growth that develops in the lining of the nose, angioneurotic oedema (pain and swelling under the skin), urticaria or allergic-type reactions.read less
Side effects of Nucoxia 90mg Tab 15'S
- Stomach pain
- Excessive gas
- Mouth ulcers
- Swelling of legs or feet
- Rapid heartbeat
- Shortness of breath or wheezing sound
Precautions and Warnings of Nucoxia 90mg Tab 15'S
Can I take Nucoxia 90 Tablet during pregnancy?
- Nucoxia 90 Tablet must not be taken during pregnancy.
- If you are pregnant or think you can be pregnant, do not take this medicine and please consult your doctor.
Can I take Nucoxia 90 Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Etoricoxib passes into human milk. Thus, Nucoxia 90 Tablet should not be taken while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nucoxia 90 Tablet?
Nucoxia 90 Tablet can cause dizziness, spinning sensation (vertigo) or sleepiness. If you experience any of these effects, do not drive or operate machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Nucoxia 90 Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Nucoxia 90 Tablet as it can worsen the side effects like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are an aged person (above 65 years).
- You are suffering from liver disease or kidney disease.
- You are suffering from vomiting or diarrhoea and are dehydrated.
- You have swelling due to fluid retention (excess fluid in the body).
- You have a history of heart failure or other diseases related to the heart.
- You have high blood pressure. Your doctor may need to check your blood pressure more often.
- You are a diabetic, smoker or have high cholesterol as all these increases the chance of heart disease.
Mode of Action of Nucoxia 90mg Tab 15'S
How Does It Work?
Etoricoxib in Nucoxia 90 tablet works by reducing the generation of Prostaglandins that are responsible for pain and inflammation in the body.
Directions for Use of Nucoxia 90mg Tab 15'S
- Nucoxia 90 Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not take it for more time than prescribed as there is a risk of heart attack and strokes if taken for an extended period in high doses.
Interactions of Nucoxia 90mg Tab 15'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Blood-thinning medicines (anticoagulants) like Warfarin.
- Rifampicin for various infections.
- Medicines used to suppress the immune system and often used in rheumatoid arthritis like Methotrexate, Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus.
- Antidepressants like Lithium.
- High blood pressure and heart failure medicines like Enalapril and Ramipril, and Losartan and Valsartan.
- Heart failure and irregular heart rhythm medicines like Digoxin.
- Asthma (Salbutamol tablets).
- Oral contraceptive pills.
- Medicines used for hormone replacement therapy.
Interactions with food items
- Taking Nucoxia 90 Tablet with food does not affect the way it works.
- Nucoxia 90 tablet can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Nucoxia 90mg Tab 15'S
- Store Nucoxia Tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Nucoxia 90mg Tab 15'S
If you think you have taken too much of Nucoxia Tablets, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform the doctor before starting Nucoxia 90 Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any infection because this medicine can mask the symptoms of a severe infection.
- For osteoarthritis, weight control and regular exercising can increase muscle strength and reduce the load on joints.
Q: Can Aspirin and Nucoxia 90 Tablet be taken together?
- Do not take a high dose of Aspirin (above 300m) generally given for pain relief.
- Taking this medicine, along with such high doses of Aspirin, can increase the risk of stomach ulcers.
- If you are taking Aspirin for heart disease (generally low dose), do not discontinue on your own, inform your doctor.
Q: Is Nucoxia 90 Tablet safe for use with anticoagulant medicines?
- Nucoxia 90 Tablet contains Etoricoxib. Caution is needed when you are using this medicine with anticoagulants as this medicine works by reducing the production of prostaglandins.
- Prostaglandins play a crucial role in clotting and its reduced levels may affect the action of anticoagulants. Close monitoring of clotting parameters such as prothrombin time (INR) is recommended during the initiation of therapy and anytime when the dose of Etoricoxib is modified.read less
Q: Can Nucoxia 90 Tablet be taken by pregnant women?
- Nucoxia 90 tablet should not be used during pregnancy or should be discontinued if pregnancy is detected while on treatment with Nucoxia 90 Tablet.
- It can delay the labour and can lead to malformations in the growing foetus.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 08 Apr 2021 | 11:02 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved