Etozox 90mg Tablet
By CIPLA GX
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Etozox 90 MG Description
Etozox Tablet contains etoricoxib, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine (NSAID). It is a pain-relieving medicine used for relieving moderate pain and swelling in various conditions like rheumat
oid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, osteoarthritis, and dental surgery. This medicine acts by inhibiting the release of a pain-causing chemical substance in the body. Take this medicine as suggested by your doctor. Taking Etozox Tablet longer and higher than the prescribed dose and duration can increase the risk of heart conditions.
|You Save||₹21.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Stomach ache, indigestion, gas, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Etoricoxib(90.0 Mg)
Uses of Etozox 90 MG
Etozox Tablet is used to provide relief from the pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout, ankylosing spondylitis (swelling and pain in the spine) and dental surgery.
Contraindications of Etozox 90 MG
- If you are allergic to etoricoxib or any other ingredient of Etozox Tablet.
- If you have history of allergies to other pain killers such as breathing difficulty, runny nose,itching, facial swelling
- If you have severe liver or kidney disease.
- If your age is below 16.
- If you are suffering from stomach ulcers, bleeding from the intestine or inflammatory bowel disease.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- If you are suffering from heart diseases, peripheral arterial disease (circulatory problem in which narrowed arteries reduce blood flow to your limbs), or cerebrovascular disease such as stroke
- If you are suffering from uncontrolled high blood pressure.
Side effects of Etozox 90 MG
- Stomach pain
- Swelling of legs or feet (oedema)
- Rapid heartbeat
- Shortness of breath or wheezing sound (bronchospasm)
- Mouth ulcers
Precautions and Warnings of Etozox 90 MG
Can I take Etozox Tablet during pregnancy?
Etozox Tablet must not be taken during pregnancy. If you are pregnant or think you can be pregnant, do not take this medicine and talk to your doctor.
Can I take Etozox Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of Etozox Tablet on breast milk. Thus, this medicine should not be taken while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Etozox Tablet?
Etozox Tablet can cause dizziness, spinning sensation (vertigo) or sleepiness, if you experience any of these effects, it is advised not to drive or operate machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Etozox Tablet?
No information is available on the interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. However, drinking alcohol while taking Etozox Tablet can worsen the side effects like dizziness and the increased risk of bleeding.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from vomiting or diarrhoea and are dehydrated.
- You have a history of heart failure or other diseases related to the heart.
- You have swelling due to fluid retention (excess fluid in the body).
- You have high blood pressure; your doctor may need to check your blood pressure more often.
- You are suffering from liver disease or kidney disease.
- You are a diabetic, smoker or have high cholesterol as all these increases the chance of heart disease.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are an aged person (above 65 years).
Mode of Action of Etozox 90 MG
How Does It Work?
Etoricoxib works by reducing the generation of prostaglandins that are responsible for pain and inflammation in the body.
Directions for Use of Etozox 90 MG
- Take Etozox Tablet as advised by your doctor, as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take it for more time than the prescribed dose or duration.
Interactions of Etozox 90 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Blood-thinning medicines (anticoagulants) like Warfarin
- Rifampicin for various infections
- Medicines used to suppress the immune system and often used in rheumatoid arthritis like Methotrexate, Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus
- Antidepressants like Lithium
- High blood pressure and heart failure medicines like Enalapril and Ramipril, and Losartan and Valsartan
- Heart failure and irregular heart rhythm medicines like Digoxin
- Asthma (Salbutamol tablets)
- Oral contraceptive pills
- Medicines used for hormone replacement therapy
Storage and disposal of Etozox 90 MG
- Etozox Tablet does not require any special storage conditions.
- Try to keep out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Etozox 90 MG
If you think you have had an overdose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I consult with the doctor while taking Etozox Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any infection because this medicine can mask the symptoms of a severe infection.
- For osteoarthritis, weight control and regular exercising can increase muscle strength and reduce the load on joints.
Q: Can I take Aspirin when I am taking Etozox Tablet?
- Do not take a high dose of Aspirin (above 300mg) generally given for pain relief.
- Taking Etozox Tablet along with such high doses of Aspirin can increase the risk of stomach ulcers.
- If you are taking Aspirin for heart disease (generally low dose), do not discontinue on your own, inform your doctor.
Q: Can Etozox Tablet be given to elderly people?
A: Etozox Tablet should be used with caution in elderly people, since they are at high risk of getting side effects. This medicine should be used under the doctor's supervision.
- Etoricoxib 120 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 19 June 2021]
- Etoricoxib 120 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 19 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 19 June 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed