Nizoral Shampoo 100ml
By JOHNSON & JOHNSON
100ml Shampoo in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nizoral shampoo is an anti-dandruff shampoo. It is used for the treatment of dandruff and to control flaking, scaling and itching due to dandruff. Nizoral shampoo contains ketoconazole, an antifungal
medicine clinically proven to control dandruff. Nizoral shampoo works by controlling the growth of fungus that is the root cause of dandruff along with addressing the symptoms of dandruff. Nizoral shampoo should be used only under medical supervision, do not use it as a regular shampoo....
Uses of Nizoral Shampoo 100ml
Control dandruff and flaking, scaling and itching associated with it.
Contraindications of Nizoral Shampoo 100ml
- If you are allergic to ketoconazole or other contents of Nizoral shampoo.
- Nizoral shampoo should not be used on scalp that is broken or inflamed.
Side effects of Nizoral Shampoo 100ml
- Dry hair
Precautions and Warnings of Nizoral Shampoo 100ml
Can I use Nizoral shampoo during pregnancy?
Avoid during pregnancy unless considered necessary by the doctor. Do not use without consulting the doctor.
Can I use Nizoral shampoo while breastfeeding?
Avoid during breastfeeding unless considered necessary by the doctor. Do not use without consulting the doctor.
Can I drive after applying Nizoral shampoo?
The use of Nizoral shampoo does not impact the driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol while using Nizoral shampoo?
There is no interaction known between this shampoo and alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your condition worsens or does not improve in 2-4 weeks.
- You experience any skin rashes or discomfort after using this shampoo.
- Take precautions to ensure the shampoo does not get into the eyes if it does wash the eyes with cold water gently.
Mode of Action of Nizoral Shampoo 100ml
How Does It Work?
Ketoconazole is an antifungal medicine. Dandruff is caused by fungi residing on the scalp. Ketoconazole inhibits the growth of fungus by altering the permeability of fungal cell membranes thus results
in the death of a fungal cell and prevent the growth of fungus and yeast....
Directions for Use of Nizoral Shampoo 100ml
- Wet the hair and scalp well with water. Apply shampoo and gently massage it over the entire scalp.
- Keep it for 5-10 mins before rinsing off. Rinse the hair and scalp with water.
- Nizoral shampoo may be irritating to mucous membranes of the eyes and contact with the area must be avoided.
- If Nizoral shampoo does get into the eyes, it must be rinse off gently with cold water.
Interactions of Nizoral Shampoo 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
Nizoral shampoo is meant for application on the scalp and is less likely to interact with medicines taken orally. Avoid simultaneous application of other hair care products.
Storage and disposal of Nizoral Shampoo 100ml
- Store the Nizoral shampoo in a closed container .
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Nizoral Shampoo 100ml
As Nizoral shampoo is for external use, cases of overdose are unlikely. On accidental ingestion contact the doctor or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Nizoral shampoo, apply it the next time you wash the hair. Avoid over-applying the shampoo just to compensate for the missed application.
- Nizoral® Anti-Dandruff Shampoo - Ketoconazole 1% [Internet]. Nizoral® Anti-Dandruff Shampoo. 2021 [cited 26 August 2021]
- Ketoconazole 2% w/w Shampoo - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 August 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 26 August 2021]
- How to treat dandruff [Internet]. Aad.org. 2021 [cited 26 August 2021]
Last Updated on: 27 Aug 2021 | 12:44 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved