Nizoral Shampoo 100ml
By JOHNSON & JOHNSON
100ml Shampoo in Bottle
Nizoral Shampoo contains Ketoconazole, an antifungal medicine. Ketoconazole binds to the fungal cell membrane and inhibits its growth by altering the permeability of cell membranes. It is used in dandruff and flaky scalp. Nizoral Shampoo should be used as advised by your doctor.
Uses of Nizoral Shampoo 100ml
Nizoral Shampoo is used for the treatment and prevention of dandruff.
Contraindications of Nizoral Shampoo 100ml
If you are allergic to Ketoconazole or any other contents of this medicine
Side effects of Nizoral Shampoo 100ml
- Dry hair
- Skin burning sensation
- Thinning of the hair
- Change of hair texture
Precautions and Warnings of Nizoral Shampoo 100ml
Can I use Nizoral Shampoo during pregnancy?
Nizoral Shampoo should not be used during pregnancy unless considered necessary by your doctor. Do not use without consulting your doctor.
Can I use Nizoral Shampoo while breastfeeding?
Use of Nizoral Shampoo by the mother poses little or no risk to the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have used Nizoral Shampoo?
The use of Nizoral Shampoo does not impact your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol if I am using Nizoral Shampoo?
Avoid the use of alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your skin condition doesn't improve, worse or if you experience any side effects
- Take precautions to ensure the shampoo does not get into your eyes if it does wash your eyes with cold water gently
- If you are applying any steroid creams, gradually decrease the application over 2-3 weeks. Suddenly stopping it is not advised as it may worsen your skin problems
Mode of Action of Nizoral Shampoo 100ml
How Does It Work?
Ketoconazole is an antifungal medicine. Dandruff is caused by a fungi Malassezia residing on the scalp. It inhibits the growth of fungus and yeasts by altering the permeability of fungal cell membranes. Hence, it prevents the growth of fungus and yeast. It results in the death of a fungal cell.
Directions for Use of Nizoral Shampoo 100ml
- Wet your hair and scalp well with water. Apply enough shampoo and gently massage it over your entire scalp. Keep it for 5-10 mins before rinsing off. Rinse your hair and scalp with water
- Nizoral Shampoo may be irritating to mucous membranes of the eyes and contact with this area should be avoided
- If Nizoral Shampoo does get into the eyes, they should be bathed gently with cold water
Interactions of Nizoral Shampoo 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
If you were on any steroid creams for a prolonged time, it is recommended to withdraw it over 2-3 weeks, while using Keomac shampoo, to prevent worsening of an underlying condition.
Storage and disposal of Nizoral Shampoo 100ml
- Store the Nizoral Shampoo in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture and direct light
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not use after the expiry date
Dosage of Nizoral Shampoo 100ml
As Nizoral shampoo is only for external use, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss applying Nizoral shampoo, apply it the next time you wash your hair. Do not over apply the shampoo just to compensate for the missed application.
Last Updated on: 04 Aug 2020 | 05:30 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved