By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
50ml Shampoo in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
5 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Exizol Shampoo contains Ketoconazole, an antifungal medicine. It is used for the treatment and prevention of dandruff and flaky scalp. Ketoconazole binds to the fungal cell membrane and inhibits its growth by altering the permeability of cell membranes. Exizol Shampoo should be used as advised by your doctor.
Uses of Exizol Shampoo
Exizol Shampoo is used for the treatment and prevention of dandruff.
Contraindications of Exizol Shampoo
If you are allergic to Ketoconazole or any other contents of this medicine
Side effects of Exizol Shampoo
- Dry hair
- Skin burning sensation
- Thinning of the hair
- Change of hair texture
Precautions and Warnings of Exizol Shampoo
Can I use Exizol Shampoo during pregnancy?
Exizol Shampoo should not be used during pregnancy unless considered necessary by your doctor. Do not use without consulting your doctor.
Can I use Exizol Shampoo while breastfeeding?
Use of Exizol Shampoo by the mother poses little or no risk to the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have used Exizol Shampoo?
The use of Exizol Shampoo does not impact your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol if I am using Exizol Shampoo?
Avoid the use of alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your skin condition doesn't improve, become worse or if you experience any side effects.
- Take precautions to ensure the shampoo does not get into your eyes. If it does, wash your eyes with cold water gently.
- If you are applying any steroid creams, gradually decrease the application over 2-3 weeks. Suddenly stopping it is not advised as it may worsen your skin problems.
Mode of Action of Exizol Shampoo
How Does It Work?
Ketoconazole is an antifungal medicine. Dandruff is caused by a fungi Malassezia residing on the scalp. It inhibits the growth of fungus and yeasts by altering the permeability of fungal cell membranes. Hence, it prevents the growth of fungus and yeast. It results in the death of a fungal cell.
Directions for Use of Exizol Shampoo
- Wet your hair and scalp well with water. Apply enough shampoo and gently massage it over your entire scalp. Keep it for 5-10 mins before rinsing off. Rinse your hair and scalp with water.
- Exizol Shampoo may be irritating to mucous membranes of the eyes and contact with this area should be avoided.
- If Exizol Shampoo does get into the eyes, they should be bathed gently with cold water.
Interactions of Exizol Shampoo
Interactions with other medicines
If you were on any steroid creams for a prolonged time, it is recommended to withdraw it over 2-3 weeks, while using Exizol Shampoo, to prevent worsening of an underlying condition.
Storage and disposal of Exizol Shampoo
- Store the Exizol Shampoo in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture and direct light.
- Keep out of reach of children. Do not use after the expiry date.
Dosage of Exizol Shampoo
As Exizol Shampoo is only for external use, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss applying Exizol Shampoo, apply it the next time you wash your hair. Do not over apply the shampoo just to compensate for the missed application.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:44 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved