Nexvenla Od 50mg Tablet
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nexvenla Od 50 MG Description
Nexvenla Od Tablet is a prescription medication used for the treatment, control and prevention of depression. Depression is a disorder that causes a feeling of sadness, hopelessness and leads to the loss of interest. This may further disrupt day-to-day life. It can be caused by an imbalance of the chemicals that regulate happiness (serotonin and norepinephrine). Nexvenla Od tablet contains Desvenlafaxine as an active ingredient. Desvenlafaxine improves serotonin and norepinephrine levels, promoting feelings of happiness and pleasure. The dose and duration of this medicine may change among individuals depending on the severity and condition it is being used for. It may cause side effects like nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, sweating and dizziness. You may have to take it as a long term medication and according to the dose recommended by the doctor....
|You Save||₹21.45 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: GRAND18 & get flat 18% OFF + up to Rs.1000 surprise cashback|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, sweating, dizziness, insomnia, constipation, loss of appetite|
Check more medicines with composition as Desvenlafaxine(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Nexvenla Od 50 MG
- The medicine has usage in depression and major depressive disorder (a type of depression with a consistent feeling of sadness and low mood).
- It may also help manage symptoms like hot flashes in women experiencing menopause.
Contraindications of Nexvenla Od 50 MG
- If you are allergic or hypersensitive to Desvenlafaxine which is the main ingredient of the tablet.
- If you are on MAO Inhibitors (type of antidepressants)- Nexvenla Od can be consumed only after 14 days of stopping MAO Inhibitors.
Side effects of Nexvenla Od 50 MG
- Dry Mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Reduced sex drive
Precautions and Warnings of Nexvenla Od 50 MG
Can I take Nexvenla Od Tablet during pregnancy?
Nexvenla is considered unsafe and should be avoided during pregnancy. Please inform the doctor about pregnancy or if you are planning a baby. The doctor will weigh all the options and will advise the best for you.
Can I take Nexvenla Od Tablet while breastfeeding?
Breastfeeding while being on Nexvenla Od is considered unsafe. You need to consult a doctor if you are breastfeeding for the best advice.
Can I drive if I have taken Nexvenla Od Tablet?
Nexvenla Od is known to cause drowsiness, dizziness and decreased concentration. Hence, it is advised not to drive after taking the medication to ensure safety.
Can I consume alcohol with the Nexvenla Od Tablet?
Alcohol consumption is not recommended while taking Nexvenla Od. Alcohol may increase the feeling of drowsiness and confusion, which can lead to serious side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You will have to wait for 2-4 weeks to see any effect of the Nexvenla Od Tablet. Continue taking medicine as advised.
- Report to the doctor if you continue feeling restless. It can happen within weeks of starting the medicine.
- Nexvenla Od has been shown to cause increased suicidal thoughts, hallucinations in individuals from 18-24 years of age; hence it is avoided in this age group.
- Nexvenla Od causes dizziness, drowsiness, and reduced concentration. Hence, one should not operate heavy machinery or drive a vehicle while taking Nexvenla Od.
- One should avoid smoking and drinking alcohol while on this medicine.
- Monitor your blood pressure and report an uncontrolled increase in blood pressure muscle stiffness
- Consult a doctor if you feel pressure in your eyes.
- Do not stop taking the dose without consulting your doctor. It can worsen your situation.
- Nexvenla Od is known to interact with certain medications, and hence you should share proper medical history.
Mode of Action of Nexvenla Od 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Nexvenla Od tablet has Desvenlafaxine as the active ingredient. It works by maintaining the balance of serotonin and norepinephrine, which are chemicals that stabilise the mood and promote a feeling of well being. It comes with an extended-release formula that helps the slow and gradual release of the medicine....
Directions for Use of Nexvenla Od 50 MG
- Nexvenla Od tablet should be taken according to the recommendation of a doctor. It is usually taken as a long term medicine every day.
- You can take it with or without food. Try to maintain a schedule and have the medicine at the same time every day.
- Swallow the tablet orally with a glass of water. The tablet should not be chewed, crushed or broken.
Interactions of Nexvenla Od 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Seek medical advice before taking the Nexvenla Od tablets with antiplatelet medicines like clopidogrel, Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like aspirin or with blood thinners. It increases the risk of bleeding....
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) (a type of antidepressant) like selegiline can have risk of serious and sometimes fatal, drug interactions when given along with Nexvenla Od Tablet. Thus, the whole medical history should be reported to the doctor. It is advised not to take Nexvenla Od tablets with an MAOI or within 14 days of stopping an MAOI....
Interactions with food items
- Nexvenla Od Tablet can be taken with or without food. Food does not interfere with absorption of Nexvenla Od Tablet from gut.
Storage and disposal of Nexvenla Od 50 MG
Store the medicine at room temperature away from any source of direct heat. Try to avoid keeping the medicine in direct sunlight. The medicine does not need to be refrigerated. Keep it away from the reach of children as well as any pets....
Dosage of Nexvenla Od 50 MG
- Some common symptoms of an overdose with Nexvenla Od are headache, vomiting, agitation, dizziness. If you happen to take too much of the Nexvenla Od, reach out to your doctor or the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, try to take the tablet as soon as you remember. If it is almost the time of the next dose, do not take the double dose. Try to stick to the previous schedule. Consider setting the alarm even if you keep forgetting to take the medication. It is of utmost importance to be regular with this medicine. Do not stop the medicine without consulting the doctor....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is there any specific diet I need to follow while taking Nexvenla Od?
A: There are no special dietary instructions to be followed. Try to maintain a healthy balanced diet. Try to keep yourself active by exercising regularly.
Q: Is the Nexvenla Od habit forming?
A: No, Nexvenla Od has not been proven to be habit-forming. One needs to take the dose regularly, as mentioned by the doctor.
Q: Can Nexvenla Od cause constipation?
A: Yes, Nexvenla Od can lead to constipation in some people. Eat a fibre-rich diet, including plenty of fruits and vegetables.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
10 Post-Operative Exercises For Appendix
How And Where To Inject Insulin
Who Is Most Vulnerable To The Monkeypox Virus?
Cranberry Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Most Alarming Signs & Symptoms Of Monkeypox Virus
Monkeypox Vaccine: All You Need To Know
Carrot Beetroot Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Cucumber Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Watermelon Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Lauki Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
High Cholesterol Diet – Foods To Eat & Avoid!
What Should You Know About Cholesterol Levels?
5 Diabetes Medicine Hacks That No-one Told You About
Understanding FPG, PPG & HbA1c Numbers In Diabetes
7 Causes Of High Cholesterol That You Should Know!
Does Having Sex Put You At Risk Of Monkeypox?
Is There Any Way To Keep Ourselves Safe From Monkeypox?
5 Yoga Asanas You Should Know To Manage Your Diabetes
Monkeypox: The Latest Disease Gripping The World
Effective Home Remedies For Vaginal Dryness
Natural Home Remedies For Stomach Ulcers
Simple Home Remedies For Skin Allergies and Rashes
Best Home Remedies For Gout
Natural Home Remedies for Arthritis
Best Home Remedies for Sunburn
Effective Home Remedies for Scabies
Natural Home Remedies For Breast Pain
Simple Home Remedies For Puffy Eyes
Natural Home Remedies For Ear Pain
Effective Home Remedies for Bee Sting
Natural Home Remedies For Good Sleep
Best Home Remedies For Smelly Armpits
Sweet Corn: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Green Chilli: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Pomegranate Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Drumstick: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Orange Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Giloy Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Pineapple Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Ash Gourd Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!
Lemon Water: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Carrot Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Beetroot Juice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Potato: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Brinjal: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Radish: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Mulberry: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Star Fruit: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Cherries: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More!
Cauliflower: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, and More!