Neulora\N 1mg Tablets
Neulora 1 MG Description
Neulora tablet is a prescription medication primarily used to treat anxiety disorder and short-term treatment of the symptoms of anxiety or anxiety associated with depressive symptoms. Anxiety disord
r is a mental health condition characterised by episodes of fear, worry, nervousness, sweating and rapid heartbeat. Neulora tablet is composed of Lorazepam, which belongs to the benzodiazepine class of medicine. Lorazepam works by lowering neurological activity in the brain by increasing certain chemical messengers. Dosage of Neulora tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Please avoid using this medication unnecessarily or without medical advice as it may cause tolerance. Neulora tablets may cause dependency if used for the long term. So, it is crucial to monitor its dosage. Do not suddenly discontinue taking this medicine since it may cause harmful effects like restlessness, increased heart rate or anxiety.
|You Save||₹3.39 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, Anxiety associated with depressive symptoms|
|Side effects||Sedation, Dizziness, Confusion, Blurred vision, Muscle weakness, Tiredness|
Uses of Neulora 1 MG
- As per CDSCO and USFDA, Neulora Tablet is taken for the following:
- Treatment of anxiety disorder
- Short-term treatment of symptoms of anxiety or anxiety associated with depressive symptoms
Contraindications of Neulora 1 MG
- It is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you are allergic to ingredients of Neulora tablet, i.e. Lorazepam
- If you have myasthenia gravis (a condition that causes skeletal muscle weakness)
- If you have respiratory depression or sleep apnea
- If you have any suicidal ideation or self-harming thoughts
- If you have any history of substance or alcohol abuse
- If you have any respiratory illness
- If you have severe liver disease
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Side effects of Neulora 1 MG
- Side effects of Neulora Tablet include the following:
- Blurred vision
- Muscle weakness
Precautions and Warnings of Neulora 1 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any allergic reactions after taking the Neulora tablet
- You have respiratory depression.
- You experience sudden changes in mood or behaviour.
- You have chest tightness.
- You have breathing difficulty.
- You experience severe side effects for a long duration.
- You have any previous mild or severe liver or kidney disease; this medicine may need a dose adjustment.
- You use any herbal/ayurvedic medicines or other health supplements; they can interfere with this medicine.
Mode of Action of Neulora 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Neulora 1 MG
- Take the Neulora tablet in prescribed doses by the doctor.
- Take this medicine with or without food or as prescribed by the doctor.
- Take this tablet preferably at the same time every day.
- Swallow the whole tablet orally with a full glass of water. Do not break or crush the tablet or chew this medicine.
- Do not consume if the medicine has expired.
- Do not exceed the dosage on your own without consulting your doctor.
- Do not consume other medications while taking this tablet; consult your doctor.
- Do not suddenly stop taking this medication as it can cause withdrawal side effects.
Interactions of Neulora 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Many medicines can interact with Neulora tablets, making them less effective or increasing their side effects. Tell your doctor about all prescription and non-prescription medications, herbal products, vitamins, and nutritional supplements or plan to take to avoid drug interaction....
- Neulora tablet interaction with other benzodiazepines, opioid or narcotic pain relievers such as morphine, oxycodone, fentanyl, hydrocodone, tramadol, codeine can increase the side effects like sedation, drowsiness, respiratory depression, coma, and death....
- Neulora tablet interaction with HIV medicine like Zidovudine can cause an increased risk of prolonged sedation and increased zidovudine clearance.
- Neulora tablet interaction with anti-epileptic drugs like Phenobarbital can increase the risk of depression and elevation of drug levels.
- Neulora tablet interaction with antidepressants or mood-elevating medicines like fluoxetine and desipramine can cause increased side effects.
- Neulora tablet interaction with antifungal medications like itraconazole and ketoconazole can reduce its effects.
- Neulora tablet interactions with Clozapine have shown reports of marked sedation, excessive salivation, hypotension and respiratory arrest.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid caffeine-containing foods like cola, tea, coffee, chocolates while taking Neulora tablet as caffeine stimulates the brain, whereas Neulora tablet relaxes it. Therefore, drinking too much caffeine may affect the ability of this medicine to calm the brain, and the condition may worsen....
Storage and disposal of Neulora 1 MG
Dosage of Neulora 1 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can a Neulora tablet be used for sleeping problems?
Q: What is the recommended duration of taking a Neulora tablet?
Q: Is Neulora tablet a habit-forming medication?
- Drugs H. Lorazepam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]
- Lorazepam: medicine to treat anxiety and problems sleeping [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]
- [Internet]. Rxlist.com. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]
- DailyMed - LORAZEPAM tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]
- [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]
- Lorazepam 1mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]
- [Internet]. 2022 [cited 11 March 2022]